New Manager

fizoxy

As I said in the other thread, please don't go down the predictable road of some old dud who has been hanging around Scottish football since time began and who has nothing new to offer.

...or some fan's wet dream of an ex Well 'legend'... Lets hope JB can find someone in the middle, with a good experience level and SIGNED to a contract

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i sincerely hope your right, however his history of decision making would suggest that this is not the case. Prior to Boyle Motherwell had had 13 managers in 100 years. Since Boyles stewardship in 1998 we have now went through 8 managers, not counting the caretakers every time a manager leaves or is sacked.

I think on managerial appointments he made a aerious errors with Kampmann and Malpas. The others he pretty much got right and were right for motherwell at the time. I am excluding Gannon from that because I'm still in shock and don't really know what I think. The contract situation is eating away at me though.

+1

I'm with Burma on this one. Can you imagine either of Duncan Bannatyne, Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden or Theo Pahitis putting their company in a situation where the most important employee didn't have a contract for six months?

I can see why it's the above four that grace our tellies and not Boyle.

SD

Agree. He allows a manager to work for over 4 months without a contract and then uses that as the reason to dismiss him. If there were other reasons I think fans should be told. I hope this decision doesn't come back and hit Motherwell fc squarely on the arse. Which I'm afraid I think it might, I hope I'm wrong on that one.

I think on managerial appointments he made a aerious errors with Kampmann and Malpas. The others he pretty much got right and were right for motherwell at the time. I am excluding Gannon from that because I'm still in shock and don't really know what I think. The contract situation is eating away at me though.

Boyle didn't employ Kampman.

Kampman took over as manager towards the end of the season before Boyle bought the club during the summer.

His first appointment was Davies.

I hope this decision doesn't come back and hit Motherwell fc squarely on the arse. Which I'm afraid I think it might, I hope I'm wrong on that one.

I get the feeling that it just might do that.

Who can we hope to replace him with, especially with the January window just around the corner?

There'll likely be a few players offski next month, and any new manager who comes in won't have time to see who they need to bring in.

It should have been left until the end of the season, giving a new coach the entire summer to prepare.

Blamed for a multitude of goings on, but, cant be tarred with that one...

Agree. He allows a manager to work for over 4 months without a contract and then uses that as the reason to dismiss him. If there were other reasons I think fans should be told. I hope this decision doesn't come back and hit Motherwell fc squarely on the arse. Which I'm afraid I think it might, I hope I'm wrong on that one.

OK - So I did not know he was working without a contract as I am sure this has come as a surprise to most Well fans. But as stated on other threads - why are we caring at all about this????

If we were sitting second top, having lost one game and had a Manager who was getting on with players, media, MFC staff etc - who then walked away - then we could say how come he did not have a contract. This has in fact now worked in our favour as we can sack Gannon without paying compensation.

I am somewhat disappointed that it did not work out, but these things happen. With Gannon's reputation this appointment was always going to be a gamble - sadly it did not pay off. That said I would blame Gannon and his attitude rather than Boyle and the contract situation.

I knew he was working without a contract, it had been mentioned elsewhere on the boards at times, my point is I think Boyle is being naive if he thinks people are going to believe that that's the reason Gannon has gone.

As for the appointment not working out, I think Gannon was hardly given a chance for it to work out. We're 6th, not bottom. I could understand the sacking a bit better if we were sitting 11th and had a manager not getting on with fans, players, the media etc. I think it's been a hasty decision.

We are managerless, we are just approaching the transfer window. We went 7 games without a win this time last year when McGhee was in charge. I think we have very short memories at times.

I hope the aim is to get a young manager with potential again. Perhaps from the lower leagues in Scotland or England, someone who has demonstrated he can achieve something on a small budget. Whilst Motherwell is a relatively small club it's also a top flight club and is a very good opportunity for someone on his way up.

No bias here, but what about someone like Darren Ferguson? Has made a very good start to his managerial career, has Scottish connections and Motherwell could be just the right kind of club.

Sorry but JB has done his bit with all the cash he has poured into the club and investors are not exactly tripping over themselves to get to the club.

Gannon is gone, shit happens.

I for one enjoyed the first few months however with all the youth players being used there must be inconsistency at some point. New manager? Anybody but Derek Fucking Adams. Let's give JB the chance to see what he has to say on the bigger picture.

I see Jose Morinho is at the Chelsea game and rumour is he met with JB earlier this morning in a Motherwell pub!

I knew he was working without a contract, it had been mentioned elsewhere on the boards at times, my point is I think Boyle is being naive if he thinks people are going to believe that that's the reason Gannon has gone.

As for the appointment not working out, I think Gannon was hardly given a chance for it to work out. We're 6th, not bottom. I could understand the sacking a bit better if we were sitting 11th and had a manager not getting on with fans, players, the media etc. I think it's been a hasty decision.

We are managerless, we are just approaching the transfer window. We went 7 games without a win this time last year when McGhee was in charge. I think we have very short memories at times.

This has nothing to do with results. I'm certain that's true.

It's got to be the contract situation and other stuff behind the scenes we wont know about.

He stood by Malpas FFS until no-one was renewing their season tickets, then he realised something had to change.

;):):lol:

What about Lawrie Sanchz or Steve Staunton :P

Staunton is terrible down at Darlington so a no for him.

Sanchez would be a good appointment.

:P No he certainly is not...!!

He's a young talented manager with Motherwell Connections, this forums wet dream basically.