New Manager

fizoxy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

I'm with Burma on this one. Can you imagine either of Duncan Bannatyne, Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden or Theo Pahitis putting their company in a situation where the most important employee didn't have a contract for six months?

I can see why it's the above four that grace our tellies and not Boyle.

SD

This will be the same John Boyle who had his own series rescuing troubled businesses a couple of years ago

This will be the same John Boyle who had his own series rescuing troubled businesses a couple of years ago

What was the plan. Replace the management on average once a year and clear the debt you created through administration and redundancy, followed by the genius stroke of employing people without contracts.

Ok That one was a hook.

I missed that, though I've just googled it and it appears that it was an autobiographical account of Zoom Airlines. :P

We can do the Family Fortunes on this if you like: "Name a successful business person with a high media/TV profile?"

You'd get more for Susan Boyle than for John Boyle. :ph34r:

Jimmy Calderwood would be a good shout but I believe the reason he parted company with Aberdeen was down to him wanting them to put up some cash to improve the level of player at the club. He was quoted as saying he was fed-up having to make do with short-term loan deals and not being able to prevent some of his established better players leaving for the Championship. So, I can't imagine he'd be remotely interested in us given that's exactly what he'd be getting into, if not worse.

Jim Jefferies gets a lot of stick but he has been loyal to every club he's ever managed. Perhaps if he feels he needs a change of scenery and a new challenge, we might be able to get him and he and his assistant have a very good track record of working with young players. I'd take him in a flash.

As for Chris McCart? Certainly not. Seems more into coaching than management and would be far too inexperienced for the job in hand.

What's needed now is an experienced and respected older head to steer the team away from the rocks and prevent us going into freefall.

Whoever the fuck it is they better be instantly successful and we better be finishing in the top four this season otherwise he will be hounded out too. And should he refuse to sign a long term contract then he we should allow him to work there until an imaginary, unspecified, random date has passed and then we should sack him. Manager number 9 for Boyle. Who the fuck would come here now? Only a desperado.

Jimmy Calderwood would be a good shout but I believe the reason he parted company with Aberdeen was down to him wanting them to put up some cash to improve the level of player at the club. He was quoted as saying he was fed-up having to make do with short-term loan deals and not being able to prevent some of his established better players leaving for the Championship. So, I can't imagine he'd be remotely interested in us given that's exactly what he'd be getting into, if not worse.

Jim Jefferies gets a lot of stick but he has been loyal to every club he's ever managed. Perhaps if he feels he needs a change of scenery and a new challenge, we might be able to get him and he and his assistant have a very good track record of working with young players. I'd take him in a flash.

As for Chris McCart? Certainly not. Seems more into coaching than management and would be far too inexperienced for the job in hand.

What's needed now is an experienced and respected older head to steer the team away from the rocks and prevent us going into freefall.

Please naw!!!!

Whoever the fuck it is they better be instantly successful and we better be finishing in the top four this season otherwise he will be hounded out too. And should he refuse to sign a long term contract then he we should allow him to work there until an imaginary, unspecified, random date has passed and then we should sack him. Manager number 9 for Boyle. Who the fuck would come here now? Only a desperado.

I was kinda supporting your earlier comments but you are starting to sound a bit psycho...Do you have issues you wish to share..?? :P