January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was talkin to a close relative of Stephen Hughes last night and he seems to reckon that he is staying put for at least another season !!

reasons were that he has a young kid settled at nursery/primary school, and his missus is halfway through a course at uni, and doesn't want to move before she finishes it !!

There are other teams in the vicinity he could play for without moving house. But good to hear, nonetheless.

i would say my source is 90-95% reliable as he speaks to Hughes on a regular basis , not some distant cousin twice removed sort !!!! :evilgrin:

I can confirm its 100% right.

His wife is studying Law in Paisley and is reluctant to leave untl the years finished, which is the main reason for his stay in Scotland for now. Plus all her family is based up the road in Wishaw and wanting to stay about for a while after "disliking" being away in Leicester.

Im sure he'll sign some sort of an extension!

Good to see us getting a goalie in for cover and I'd agree with the comments made earlier that it looks like we'll only ever have one permanent keeper. It makes sense I guess though, it's cheaper to get someone on loan than have a full-timer on the books who never plays.

Apologies for doubting your opinion way back on the 6th. I see in News of the World today there is a piece about Krysiak being on loan and challenging Buzz and Mcghee quoted as follows "We cant afford two goalkeepers of that quality permanently. So we get someone in who can put Buzz under pressure, as Artur is likely to do, at a cost we can afford"

Hi,

thats one of the site, i often visit, in fact some Marketvalues are done by myself.

However, this is nothing official what-so-ever and should just be an indictaion.

I opted to put some higher values in for some players. Go and check Rangers and Celtic on that webpage. They were considering £10 Million for Samaras :-S

If you want something changed, let me know. I just realised that Quinn is still Captain :)

14 days into the transfer window, and still no team/squad improvements. Not as if these problems or the transfer window appeared overnight!

Whats the chances that we get to 1st February with no signings other than the loaned goalie, and then receive a bid we cant refuse for one of our so called better players.

So what has happened to this mega McGhee hit list? Who's dragging there feet?

Still 18 days to go in the transfer window (5pm on February 2nd). Bags of time, and even if you have a hit-list of 50 players, perhaps their clubs don't want to let them go...or they don't want to leave.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the players' agents spend most of the month playing clubs off against each other trying to get the best deal. That's why a lot of these transactions don't take place until the last day (and sometimes the last hour) of the window.