Well Vs Hibs, Saturday 20th Feb

samson1886

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow

i honestly cannot believe this form we're on

if i'm not mistaken ... since Broony took the helm ...

Played 8 Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 0 For 11 Against 1 Points 18

Bloody marvelous!

Mon the well!

Aye, when it's put like that it's pretty remarkable. If this was the start of a season we'd probably be eyeing up second place.

OK after watching it a few times over...

Liam Miller

I don't think Miller was sent off for the tackle. I think he was sent of for his swinging arms mainly at Coke and Craigan as the referee speaks to the linesman first. I think without the hand bags he would have only got a yellow.

Jim O'Brien

Never a sending off! Hand bags doesn't even cover it. Yellow was the correct decision.

Others

I think Coke is more lucky to stay on the park than O'Brien. Although his reaction I think merited at least a yellow

Also, Craigan and Ruddy very unlucky with the pass back. Another day that would have been seen as an interception, although no real complaints other than the "another day" statement.

Agree with a lot that's been said so far.

The pitch is proving a psychological weapon for us at the moment. Teams are dreading coming to play on it. Despite looking horrendous, it didn't play that much worse than a lot of parks in the country right now. Yet Hibs left Riordan and Zemmama on the bench and brought their midfield battlers for a scrap. With Coke, Lasley and Jennings in our midfield, that suits me fine.

I said it in the MOTM thread, Humphrey is a great impact sub. I was crying out for him to be unleashed on Murray from the start of the second half. Given most of the full backs in the SPL, his pace is a real weapon. He just needs guided as to how to best use it. Under Brown and Knox. he'll get better. His crossing has improved already.

Three guys had outstanding games today. Sutton, Murphy and Jennings. With every game, Jennings is looking more mobile and although more of a midfield destroyer, he can certainly use the ball well. Nothing flashy, just finds his man. Murphy scored another great goal, but his all round play is impressing me more every time I see him. Linked up very well with Sutton. Sutton. This guy had a f***ing fantastic game. Brought guys into play, held the ball up, gave Bamba a real torrid time (when we played the ball into his chest, never going to win it at head height). As well as I've seen Sutton play for Motherwell. Like Lasley and Craigan, though not noticed as much by the press, he looks like a guy with a new lease of life since the departure of Gannon...

Was very pleased with this performance today. The fact we have only conceded one goal in 2010 is a fantastic statistic. Brown has made our team so compact, the back four look safe as houses, and Jennings and Lasley infront of them are solid aswell. I know I've been John Sutton's biggest critic in the past, but I'll eat humble pie today, he was terrific up top, as was Murphy. And I also find it no coincidence that in Craigan's entire spell at Motherwell, the two times he has been out of the team, upon his return we have had a complete turn around in form. If we can win 1-0 every week, I'll be a happy man. We did get out of jail with the passback though, I think it was an interception, but the ref was right to give it as where else exactly could have Craigan been hoping his interception ended up?

Three guys had outstanding games today. Sutton, Murphy and Jennings.

Just watched it on Alba there and in light of Sutty's praise in the Rangers game I kind of 'Player Cam'd' him. He does some amount of Donkey work. Ok he will never be dribbling around players but he is integral to the gritty manner pivotal to Brown's immediate success - along with tough tackling midfielders like Las and Jenno.

Also - at the whistle the players seemd proper delighted with the result - especially craggs and O' Brien who seem to be loving the 'Well again.

Cheers Mr Brown!!

as i said earlier we're heading for a hibs meltdown. the two morrocans and riordan have always terrorised us. today nae benji, nae deek and zemmana who ripped us in the first two games only got 15 minutes. yogi hughes's pet gowser played the 90 and was pish as ever and yogi was getting wound up in the post match interview, they've by far the most talent but i can easily see them blowing third.

quality performance today from the 'well. we missed the juke but murphy added a bit of magic, big sutty led the line as well as he could, las and jeno owned the midfield and the back five were solid as ever (why was it 16/01/10 before they even played together)

Just watched it again on Alba.

East Stand Linesman must be Stevie Wonders' braille teacher!!!

The one when the Hibs guy stood on the ball was a joke and he was standing 6 feet away from it???

The referee has taken some SPL games but none with the gruesome twosome???

Not good enough for that sh*te but can make all the mistakes with the diddy teams???

When are the SPL teams going to grow a set of balls and say get some video evidence in play and make this game more honest.

Simply have cameras videoing each game (happens in most games anyway).

Dodgy decision by the referee is seen by the 4th official on a tv monitor and is quickly rectified.

(4th official is doing nothing anyway).

Would also take the pressure off referees who sh*te themselves giving anything against the scum

A superb three points and just about deserved, although the old failing of struggling against ten men almost came back to haunt us.

For me it was a straight red, Miller's lunge was very late and dangerous and could've caused a major injury. Jimo was perhaps a bit lucky to stay on, and if it wasn't for other players being in the way he may well have struck out.

Not a great game but we dug in and defended well, and showed great patience in going for the win. Murph took his goal well, and credit to Sutty for the lay off.

Not too scrappy today. Some great passing football at times. When it was needed though the high ball to Sutton worked a treat. Murphy wasn't really in the game til Humphrey came on to replace Coke who was fucking dire.

Jennings was good today as well but Lasley barely played an accurate pass.

Miller deserved to go, not seen a replay but that isnt the point. Im going on what I saw like the ref did. Same with the pass back. Craigan poked it back to Ruddy. I say Ruddy should have punted it clear, his fault.

The one thing i'll say about today though. Our midfield needs to calm it at times. Lasley was bombing forward at times, when not in posession, with no one left to cover. It almost cost us but fortunately Stokes was a mile offside.

I have had a first hand report already from a 'Well fan at the game....that's the risk you take with uninformed posting.

Nice second hand opinion.

Nice second hand opinion.
It didn't have to meet your lofty standards. I was just responding to the accusation that I had no information on the situation because of (the boring old chestnut) that I live in the USA. It was the opinion of someone who generally has a pretty balanced view on games. I'd take that over some of the first had drivel that is regularly posted in these threads.

Benji at half time was the highlight of the day B-)

That was superb.

I enjoyed the game today at times, albeit after a very dull opening 20 or so minutes until Sutton's shot and the sending off. After that we really did look totally in control and it would be only a matter of time before we scored, although as time went on I was beginning to wonder if it was going to be one of those days.

Was surprised to see the Juke wasn't playing, hadn't heard anything about his injury pre match until the teams came out so that was a surprise however Murphy did very well and it would be very harsh if he was back on the bench when Jutkiwecz is back fit.

Sutton was again outstanding, the guy does so much work it's unbelievable, really hope we'll be able to hang onto him going forward as I think he keeps us going a lot of the time upfront. Similarly I pray we hold onto Jennings, he is a class apart in our midfield at times, out of the more defensive midfielders we play, he's by far and away the one I hope we sign on a longer term basis, Lasley was very frustrating to me, gave a lot of cheap possesion away and put us in danger a few times by being out of position which allowed Hibs to pass straight through our midfield as Frazza alluded to.

All in all though, a good shift from everyone and it seemed to show on the players at the end, to a man they looked knackered, though Humphrey was about to collapse at full time as he just stood there looking a bit lost. The effort over the last month has been nothing short of amazing, almost 2 months with only 1 league goal conceeded (one which should never have happened) is an unbelievable achievement, one that can only be put down to the partnership of Craigan and Reynolds re-discovering it's form with a solid pair of hands backing them up.

The run is going to end sooner or later, but over the next three games, I think we should be good for at least 5 points, possibly even 7- realistically, I don't think third is outwith our reach.

He went over to get the ball off of a wee guy and the wee guy threw it away from him so Benji done the wanker sign at him. The crowd started giving him abuse and he continued to wind us up, getting more big headed everytime someone shouted something. He then casually swaggered over to get the ball and couped and slid feet first into the advertising boards. Needless to say, the big headedness disappeared after that.

What happened ?

Ball went into the front of the stand during the warm ups at HT and a wee guy just left it, Benji looked a bit miffed and jogged over to get it back himself, just he got to the trackside the guy chucked it away, Benji turned round, put his hand out to the side and gestured his opinion of the thrower, to which Buzz buckled.

Edit: Aye, pretty much was SDT said.

Is it fair to say that Craig Brown can juggle soap/soot/soup better than Jim Gannon?

I think we oculd scrape 4th this year, but I'm really looking forward to next season if Broony can hold onto the majority of out out of contract guys.

The best thing about this run is that we've all forgotten about the Scottish cup exit!

Also, Coke looked like he was blowing out his arse after about 20 minutes today. I was less than impressed.

Coke baffles me.

At times he looks like a class act, capable of putting his foot on the ball and letting things develop but recently he's been way off the boil. Whether that's down to moving out wide, a more fast paced system under Broon than under Gannon or something else I don't know, but I hope he gets up to speed soon, he definitely has the potential, but not a lot of time left to show he merits a new deal with others out of contract like Jennings are showing so much more.

It didn't have to meet your lofty standards. I was just responding to the accusation that I had no information on the situation because of (the boring old chestnut) that I live in the USA. It was the opinion of someone who generally has a pretty balanced view on games. I'd take that over some of the first had drivel that is regularly posted in these threads.

No one said you had no information. Just that you didn't have first hand information. Far too many errors from a pedant like you in this thread.

great 3 points and another clean sheet happy days B-) .really chuffed for murphy getting the goal he put in another great shift hes starting to resemble clarkson the way he plays with his work rate and quick feet.it was hard to tell at the time but having watched the game on alba it was great play by sutton to hold off the defender and lay it off for murphy.the ref and the east stand linesman were totally out the depth to many occasions they just looked at each other as if neither had a clue what decision to make

Coke baffles me.

At times he looks like a class act, capable of putting his foot on the ball and letting things develop but recently he's been way off the boil. Whether that's down to moving out wide, a more fast paced system under Broon than under Gannon or something else I don't know, but I hope he gets up to speed soon, he definitely has the potential, but not a lot of time left to show he merits a new deal with others out of contract like Jennings are showing so much more.

I remember reading an interview from Coke when he first arrived from QPR saying that he had blown his chance there because of laziness and lethargy and that he was determined not to make the same mistake again. Hope he is not falling back into old habits after a great start to the season.

I think you've made a very good point Starsail. I look at Coke now, and I see somebody not producing what he did when he joined. It could be he doesn't like playing wide left, but that's no excuse for the lethargy and slow thinking he now seems to be showing. Wouldn't get my vote over Jennings at the present time for the central midfield.