Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

eh 3rd for me.

woods v rangers

marshall v inverness

Remember Kilmarnock and the Paul Wright goal, thought that was worse from Woods. Although I suppose we were 5 minutes from knocking they fuckers out the cup. If thats the game your talking about?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally at fault for the first goal and should have done better for the third. For the second, he shouldn't have been played a ball like that, I was just happy he got it clear. You can't blame Fraser for the defence being unable to mark correctly (for the third time in two games).

At the risk of being accused of happy-clappiness, luck really wasn't on Fraser's side today either. First goal, how many times have you seen the keeper kick the ball off the attacker and the ball actually end up in the net? Very rarely; more often than not, usually trickles wide or balloons over the bar. Stevie Kirk used to try and score like that every week for years by standing in front of the keeper at kick-outs, and I'm not entirely sure he ever did (I remember he had at least one disallowed, though!)

Second goal, I'm not so sure Fraser wasn't just trying to knock it out for a shy (haven't watched it back yet, though), and even if he wasn't, Reynolds should probably just have let it go out for one instead of trying to control it at an awkward height in that position with a United forward nearby.

Dross, Utter Dross. Inspires no confidence in his defence and his decision making is worse than amatuer!! Watched a game today on a bowling green of a park, both keepers were assured and confident.(saying that most players at Finnart could walk into SPL teams) Then I went to Fir Park and watche a rabbit in headlights as Well Keeper!!!

Fraser was woeful today but I do think some people are using him as a scapegoat and blaming EVERYTHING on him.

If you want to blame people for the second goal look at Giles Coke who was dreaming, woke up and then fell over instead of, say, actually marking his man at the corner.

The third goal Fraser might have done better but it was down to Humphrey trying to make a defensive tackle on the half way line and completely selling himself. If Conway had felt like it he could probably have got a penalty if he'd gone down without shooting.

Really Fraser was only really to blame for the first goal but overall his performance was awful.

Really Fraser was only really to blame for the first goal but overall his performance was awful.

He was also largely to blame for the second too. A ridiculous knock out to Reynolds. Our defenders should now be under strict instruction - no more pass backs. Put the ball out for a throw first.

It also has to be said that Fraser's kicking was appalling yesterday too - aiming for the completely the wrong area of the park.

For the first goal, I think Ruddy would have hoofed that right up field and taken no second touch. Quite why Fraser felt he needed a second touch is beyond me. There was then an occasion when he seemed to feel it necessary to dummy round an attacking United player when he could very easily have ended up looking like the complete idiot. If in doubt!!!!

I'm pleased that all you fuckers are getting a chance to kick a new 'dug' (when it's down as well)

To be fair to you you're very perceptive - cos most of the fuckers round me started on the guy BEFORE the fuck up for the first goal.

Ya Bezzer's post is completely right.

Fraser's probably to blame for the volcanic eruption in Iceland and the collapse of the banks last year as well.

Why we need to go over the top and make an already bad situation worse by so vocally getting on the guy's back and mocking him with sarcastic cheers throughout 90 mins baffles me.

Exactly how is that gonna help the cause of Motherwell FC during a game?

I'm pleased that all you fuckers are getting a chance to kick a new 'dug' (when it's down as well)

To be fair to you you're very perceptive - cos most of the fuckers round me started on the guy BEFORE the fuck up for the first goal.

Fraser's probably to blame for the volcanic eruption in Iceland and the collapse of the banks last year as well.

Why we need to go over the top and make an already bad situation worse by so vocally getting on the guy's back and mocking him with sarcastic cheers throughout 90 mins baffles me.

Feel better getting that off your chest, ya fucker.

eh 3rd for me.

woods v rangers

marshall v inverness

Even worse than Woods v Livingston?

Text of the day from my wee brother: "3-1 them. Not Frasers fault for a change"

Your times up Mick. 99% of us had you sussed from the start, you're fucking shite. Please get to fuck in the summer.

First off I wasn't at the game and I have only watched the highlights on line so obviously my opinion is not as relevant as the 3000+ who turned up. But here it is

1st goal. I think that it is a tad harsh to blame Fraser for the first goal I find it difficult to blame a player who loses his footing on that pitch.

2nd goal. A bad pass back to Reynolds which I am sure was a result of the previous goal. I would be confident that on a good surface he would have taken a touch and then either cleared or give a better pass to Reynolds. At the corner the marking was as good as the Celtic game, obviously we can't practise corners or free kicks because we have never improved for years.

3rd goal. He should have dealt with the shot a lot better it didn't have a lot of power behind it although Conway did manage to cover a lot of ground without anyone putting a challenge in.

So as you can no doubt see although I think blame does lie with Fraser he is not 100% culpable for any of the goals.

But that is only my opinion.

See, the whole thing about the second goal, I thought maybe he was hoofing it as he was scared of slipping again, but then I remembered, not long before that, he did the exact same thing in taking a touch and wrong footing Daly in almost the exact same circumstances as the first goal, which leads me to believe that he's a moron.

Many harsh comments on Fraser to actually what happened.

1st Goal. Harsh on Fraser. Did the right thing by taking a touch (especially on a pitch like ours), just a shame he lost his footing - could have happened to any keeper. Hell one of the best conceded a lot worse one a few weeks ago against Getafe.

2nd goal. Where to start? Poor pass back by Reynolds, not the greatest return but does Reynolds know he has a right foot? Oh yeah, he does, he used it to have a shot at goal not long before it. So why the fuck did he choose to try and control with the outside of his left foot? As for the corner - I guess it's Fraser's fault Daly was given 15 yards and enough time to do about 100 keep-uppies before he had to have a shot on goal

3rd goal. There is no camera view from what Fraser seen but it is probably the one he'll be angry about the most.

Fraser was woeful today but I do think some people are using him as a scapegoat and blaming EVERYTHING on him.

If you want to blame people for the second goal look at Giles Coke who was dreaming, woke up and then fell over instead of, say, actually marking his man at the corner.

The third goal Fraser might have done better but it was down to Humphrey trying to make a defensive tackle on the half way line and completely selling himself. If Conway had felt like it he could probably have got a penalty if he'd gone down without shooting.

Coke wasnt dreaming,he was pushed into Dods who blocked him + caused him to trip,nothing to do with bad marking, Fraser caused the corner,then failed to stop the shot which was almost straight at him and he got a full,strong hand on it!

3rd was humphreys mistake to let conway in but the shot was at Fraser and he managed to let it go straight through his arms

So really Fraser was really to blame for all 3 goals and his overall performance was awful

Many harsh comments on Fraser to actually what happened.

1st Goal. Harsh on Fraser. Did the right thing by taking a touch (especially on a pitch like ours), just a shame he lost his footing - could have happened to any keeper. Hell one of the best conceded a lot worse one a few weeks ago against Getafe.

2nd goal. Where to start? Poor pass back by Reynolds, not the greatest return but does Reynolds know he has a right foot? Oh yeah, he does, he used it to have a shot at goal not long before it. So why the fuck did he choose to try and control with the outside of his left foot? As for the corner - I guess it's Fraser's fault Daly was given 15 yards and enough time to do about 100 keep-uppies before he had to have a shot on goal

3rd goal. There is no camera view from what Fraser seen but it is probably the one he'll be angry about the most.

What about everything else apart from the goals. His superman for one

Don't know how you can defend him

Steve your defence of players who come under attack from the fans is admirable and usually I am supportive (Fitzy etc.). However, in this instance there is no case for the defence - he is pish, gash, guff, shit and unfortunately not SPL standard. This has been evident since the Llanelli game. You know me enough to know I am not a "moaner" but when I see a player almost single handedly destroying our European ambitions I feel I have the right to raise my concerns.

I agree the sarcastic cheers don't help but when you see a performance as bad as this you can well understand it.

And if I miss my trip away at the weekend because my flight is cancelled I will be at his hoose demanding him to pay me back :lol:

What about everything else apart from the goals. His superman for one

Don't know how you can defend him

Not defending him for his performance overall, he was woeful, no doubt about it, but he was not the reason we lost. Nor was he the reason we lost against Celtic (against Celtic the strikers were to blame more than anything). Just the fact when Lady Luck decided to kick him in the baws, she did it a few times.

Performance was shocking - his part in the goals were questioable but he was not soley to blame for any of the goals.

I think cards on the table, you have to say Michael Fraser cost us that game yesterday. The first incident wasn't too dissimilar to Ruddy's gaffe at Tannadice so I didn't get too irate by that. The second goal was a ridiculous error to give away the corner, and by that I also saw how his defence have little to no confidence in him, by Reynolds, normally mild-mannered, taking his foot off the advertising board in rage! I don't know how many bounce games the team play through the week or anything, but Michael Fraser looks to be a prime example of someone suffering from the demise of the reserves. I think on yesterday's evidence I don't think anyone, not even the Michael Fraser fan club, can justify Ruddy not playing when he returns fit.

Having said that, I didn't show my frustration at the game yesterday, didn't think it would have helped. Haven't booed a well player since I was about eleven and naive. At one point during the first half yesterday almost the entire Cooper Stand gave a sarcastic cheer when he dealt with one back pass fine, which I find astounding. In what way at all would that make him come out and perform better in the second half? Surely we want to improve, or do these ignorant people have ulterior motives?

Not defending him for his performance overall, he was woeful, no doubt about it, but he was not the reason we lost. Nor was he the reason we lost against Celtic (against Celtic the strikers were to blame more than anything). Just the fact when Lady Luck decided to kick him in the baws, she did it a few times.

Performance was shocking - his part in the goals were questioable but he was not soley to blame for any of the goals.

About summs it up for me.

Nothing personal against the guy as a person, but he is a totally gash keeper.

Hmmmmmm... where to start with that yesterday.

First goal: For me, he took too long over the passback - the ball to Saunders was on for a long time, but he ignored it and as a result was closed down, knocked the ball too far ahead of himself and slipped trying to retrieve the situation.

Second goal: Poor passback maybe, but he still took a touch (well) and had a chance to clear the ball into the stand if he's not confident going up the park- as has been said, you can't score from a throw in. The incident where he dummied Daly would maybe suggest he had confidence right enough. Instead he's given Mark Reynolds an impossible ball to control, in an area where he's going to struggle to actually do anything and we lose a soft corner. First reaction was that you forget that and make sure you defend the corner, and I thought we did that very poorly. Now hearing that Coke may have been blocked we were perhaps unfortunate there.

Third goal: The scorer should never have been able to run with the ball from where he did, and for as long as he did, so the blame lies more with the outfield players for me. That said, Fraser didn't deal with the shot very well for me.

I actually feel sorry for him though, I've heard rumours that he hasn't settled down here and that he's unhappy for non-footballing reasons.

John Ruddy has obviously had an extended run in the team, and made some vital saves and kept a record(?) number of clean sheets. Hence why his error at Tannadice, which was just as bad as Michael Fraser's yesterday, was forgiven a lot quicker. I'm sure if you looked at every game Ruddy has played, you'd probably find he's made similar errors over the course of the season, but just not in such a short space of time.

Michael Fraser in the 5 games he's played in has had very little to do, but unfortunately has made some bad errors with what he has had to do. Is that down to a lack of ability, or sheer bad fortune? Ironically I think what he needs is an onslaught for 90 minutes where he's got a chance to make some saves and get some confidence.

The ironic cheers and booing yesterday aren't helping him though. In the heat of the moment immediately after the first goal, the negative reaction was to be expected, but almost half an hour had passed before the ironic cheers started.

Overall he is a terrible goalkeeper who gives his back four no confidence at all. He injured three of our players with his daft 15 yard runs to catch a ball going nowhere.

First goal was just one of those things. Happens to the best.

However the second goal was not his fault. Reynolds was totally at fault for that. Also why did he not let it out for a throw? Stupid decision making.

Third one was a shocker. He should not be letting a grass fizzer go under his body.

It was more his overall performace which was nervy and this makes the defence that bit more aprehensive.

What gets me though and Steve Diggles points it out too is why we basically abused him like he was an opposition player and thus make him play even worse. Why not get behind him and try ans get his confidence up. He is basically the only goalkeeper we have at the moment so if anyone is to blame for this its Motherwell FC as a whole for not getting enough backup in place.

I actually felt quite sorry for the guy by the end of the game as he is now public enemy number one at Fir Park.