Europa

ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any chance you could shed some more light on this deal?

Where you flying from dates etc?

Sounds a good deal!

£100 rtn EDI-LGW BA

£230 rtn LGW - Reykjavik - Iceland Express

£40 Hotel Room

The capacity does concern me though. I thought someone posted earlier the ground holds 5500. Under 2000 means that we may struggle for a ticket. Ach well never been to Iceland before.

The capacity does concern me though. I thought someone posted earlier the ground holds 5500. Under 2000 means that we may struggle for a ticket. Ach well never been to Iceland before.

Just over 1800 seats ............ is terrace standing allowed at Europa games ?

Is there a rugby ground nearby :lol:

5% of 1800 is 90 tickets - Oh dear...........

Let's start a campaign to move it to the Reykjavik stadium.

It all depends on the average gate there. They might give us 300 tickets and keep 1500 for themselves. That IMO would be more than enough for everyone who wants to go.

Don't know a lot about them but I'll bet they are all big strong boys who will be physically competitive. I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess they aren't full time so perhaps we might have better durability over 90 minutes even if they are mid way through their season and we are just starting.

I see they have four or five players with a smattering of full caps but no one who has played at a level higher than the Icelandic league.

To be honest I'd rather have played away first, although I'd expect us to beat them at Fir Park, I can't see us ringing up a big score against them so there is always the risk that in the second leg, if it is away from home, you try to sit in and defend and I'm never very comfortable when we do that!

£100 rtn EDI-LGW BA

£230 rtn LGW - Reykjavik - Iceland Express

£40 Hotel Room

Easyjet GLA - LGW £64

. Dep 22 July 09:25

. Arr 22 July 10:50

. Flight 786

. Dep 23 July 20:55

. Arr 23 July 22:25

. Flight 793

Iceland Express LWG - KEF £252

. Dep 22 July 12:05

. Arr 22 July 14:05

. Flight AEU502

. Dep 23 July 14:50

. Arr 23 July 18:45

. Flight AEU503

[/b]

More info from an Icelandic guy...

Breiðablik can absolutely stuff any team in Iceland when they are on form. Similarly, they could easily get stuffed by a 4th division team in their next game.

The average age in the team is around 6 years old They are building their squad on their own youth players, play some absolutely cracking football when they have their confidence high. Could easily put Motherwell to shame, could also come back home with a double digit loss.

So basically, they are us of Iceland :(

Their striker (no.10) has already scored 5 goals this season & they have a midfielder (no.7) who's bagged 4 already. Looks like they could be the 2 too watch out for & they are only 21 & 20 so probably fast as fuck. On a brighter note their other 2 strikers have only scored 1 apiece this season.

All their stats can be found here:

http://au.soccerway.com/teams/iceland/umf-...blik-kopavogur/

Aye but theyve scored in every league game away from home this season and taken 10 points with that, if their home form wasnt as poor it would be looking abit dodgier. I know its probably a useless stat but I'm very very cautious about this side.

They have the game listed as the 14/07. They better fix that for any poor fans travelling over a day early.