ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so are we at home for the first leg?

Would appear so. I had taken 21st, 22nd, and 23rd off work as I thought we would be at home first. Iceland, geographically isn't the worst, but I'd imagine I have been priced out of going. Shame.

They are the yo-yo side of the Icelandic league, they really shouldn't cause too much of a problem albeit they are sitting second just now after 8 games.

The fact they could be nearly a third of the way through their domestic season by the time we play them is a wee bit concerning. Thankfully the players are back a week today and have the three friendlies beforehand.

Right I have found the Cheapest way to do it.

Megabus to London Victoria - leaving at 2300 on July 20th Arriving 0705 21st.n = £11

Plane from London Gatwick to Reykjavik leaving at 1310 on 21st arriving at 1520.

Retrn flight - Departs 0700 arriving in Gatwick at 1055 = £223.50

Megabus from London Victoria to Glasgo Buchannan leaving 1200 arriving at 2200 there is also a 1700 arriving at 0225 option or 2345 arriving at 0750 option - all options £11

So there you go to Reykjavik and back for £245.50 then whatever it costs for travel and board when you are there.

They come from Kópavogur in the outskirts of Reykjavik. Supposedly they are known as UBK Kopavogur when playing in European competitions. Basically I've just looked up Wikipedia.

I remember St Mirren entering under 'Paisley St Mirren' when they played in the Cup Winners Cup a few years back.

I have a long memory remembering St Mirren in Europe!

Absolutely gutted! Too expensive to go with the children too! Oh well, suppose this means I can keep my money for the next round when we go through and play in an easily accessible place!!!