ONeils40yarder

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

second round is 15th July!? World cup doesn't finish until the 11th July

Guess they're not expecting any superstars to be playing in the early rounds.

EDIT: draw for the first and second rounds is 21st June 13:30 CET, draw for the third round is 16th July 13:30CET, schedule here at UEFA

Could be a bit of a crazy rush, as we won't know who or where we're playing until a week before the game. Bit of a pain in the arse re getting holidays from work and suchlike.

Also, from looking at some of the teams in there, one game could be our lot. Certainly no chance of making the group stage.

Could be a bit of a crazy rush, as we won't know who or where we're playing until a week before the game. Bit of a pain in the arse re getting holidays from work and suchlike.

I agree. Is it really worth it? Damn Dundee Utds eyes for fielding a weakened team!

I just wish we had won the fair play league - which we would have done if Hearts had not been in the SPL............

Probably will be an anti climax especially if we pull a club from Dirka Dirkastan.....

Anyhoo don't see it being an issue as I really believe that Ross Co have a 50-50 chance of winning the Cup on Saturday. Having already knocked out Celtic and Hibs, DDee Utd will hold absolutely NO fears for them...

I just wish we had won the fair play league - which we would have done if Hearts had not been in the SPL............

Probably will be an anti climax especially if we pull a club from Dirka Dirkastan.....

Anyhoo don't see it being an issue as I really believe that Ross Co have a 50-50 chance of winning the Cup on Saturday. Having already knocked out Celtic and Hibs, DDee Utd will hold absolutely NO fears for them...

:D:lol:

I think its an advantage to be going in at the second qualifying round, better chance of being match fit when the much more difficult third qualifying round games come. Imagine we had gone straight in to face steaua bucharest last year! would of been a lot worse than the 6-1 aggregate score it ended as.

As for our chances... I expect to win the 2ndQF round, and at least be competitive in the 3rd. If we make the play-offs and get a real glamour tie in france/germany/spain/england its job well done.

Note 14 at the bottom states...

14. Dundee United. will play Ross County. in the Scottish Cup final. If Dundee United win they will enter in the playoff round as cup winners, Hibernian. will enter the third qualifying round, and Motherwell., the fifth placed team of the 2009–10 Scottish Premier League, will enter the second qualifying round.

Also, from looking at some of the teams in there, one game could be our lot. Certainly no chance of making the group stage.

Aye but we'll be seeded in the 2nd round, basically if we get in we could choose from:

Sūduva Marijampolė - Lithuania

Šiauliai - Lithuania

Sporting Fingal - ROI

Shamrock Rovers - ROI

Winners of 2009–10 Latvian Football Cup

Ventspils - Latvia

Maribor - Slovenia

3rd placed team of 2009–10 Slovenian Premier League

Winners of 2009–10 Belarusian Cup

Bosnia and Herzegovina Winners of 2009–10 Bosnian and Herzegovinan Cup

Hungary Winners of 2009–10 Hungarian Cup

Breiðablik - Iceland

Winners of 2009–10 Moldovan Cup

Georgia (country) Winners of 2009–10 Georgian Cup

Liechtenstein Winners of 2009–10 Liechtenstein Cup

Republic of Macedonia Winners of 2009–10 Macedonian Cup

Azerbaijan Winners of 2009–10 Azerbaijan Cup

Estonia Winners of 2009–10 Estonian Cup

Besa Kavajë - Albania

Atyrau - Kazakhstan

Mika - Armenia

Bangor City - Wales

Cliftonville - NI

Vikingur - Faroe Islands

Winners of 2009–10 Luxembourg Cup

Montenegro Winners of 2009–10 Montenegrin Cup

Andorra Winners of 2010 Copa Constitució

Interestingly, if County win it, what round would they go in to??

Playoff round. Dundee Utd would take the Scottish Cup place if they win by virtue of it having the best place in Scotland.

Interestingly, if County win it, what round would they go in to??

4th Qualifying Round for either team; according to this:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedel2010.html

CW Sco 5.158 - 12.158

If DUFC win, because they are 3rd in SPL, Hibs get 3rd Qualifying Round and we get 2nd Qualifying Round. If County win, DUFC and Hibs stay where they are.

This Dutch guy Bert certainly knows all the coefficients etc. Worth spending ten minutes on the site if you have time..... <_<

SD

I'm taking a wee gamble. I know we aren't there yet but I have provisionally asked for 21/22/23 of July off work. County win the Cup and it can always be cancelled no worries. The only chance I have of getting time off is by putting it in as quick as possible. Against Nancy, Flamurtari, and Steau Bucharest our first match was away from home. One out of Four Euro ties has seen us start in Scotland. Due to that info and the law of averages, I have decided to gamble on us being at home in the first game and away on the second.

Now, if we do get into Europe we have to hope that there is going to be a clear winner in the first round after the first leg because as Frazzle says 1 week is hardly enough time to arrange things.

just need to wait and see on Saturday and take it from there. I have my holidays provisionally booked too and would love another Wales trip. Ireland would be a great party too!! God forbid Iceland!!!!!!!! Some boat trip!

Does anyone know IF we will be at home first because we are seeded?

Not 100% certain, though I doubt it.

I think home/away advantages only apply to the latter stages of the Champion's League. Don't believe they ever apply in the Europa League.

Wouldn't the advantage be away first if seeded? This, I think the convention for CL and English Play-offs (higher league placing plays away first; both Leicester & Blackpool at home last weekend).

SD

This may have nothing to do with it but last year we were at home for being seeded in the first round then away for being seeded in the second then in the third round the seeded team was at home first.

May just be a funny thing but there is a wee pattern in there so we are going into the second round we would be away first? May be wrong but thats whats on my mind.