Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Cokes the worst player I've saw in a 'Well shirt since Bob Malcolm and even he could give him a run for his money

Right I know a few others have had a go but seriously, WHIT!?

The guy is a good athlete, has two good feet & is comfortable on the ball. If he could add a few more goals to his game he could easily slot in to a top end championship team. The times that he's played poorly for us have mainly been down to off-field issues IMO, as many have said he doesn't seem to have settled up here.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion after all but fuck me mate, how many games have you seen since Bob Malcolm played!?

it's still obviously early, early days but i'm starting to get a worried about who we're going to end up with. so far we've signed one guy that 99% of well fans will be hoping they never see they play and a young centrehalf who was freed by a cypriot club, not exactly promising.

obviously what matters is who's here on the 14th of august and the 1st of september but i'd be a bit more optimistic if i we could see some evidence of proactive signings. names like jack ross, dueuchar, moore and mcglinchey give me nightmares.

Your right in that some of the names being banded about, Jack Ross, Kenny Deuchar etc, aren't too good, I think the deal with Famagusta for Charamboulous(SP?) is a bit more promising than you make out.

Famagusta are a Champions League team who waived their fee for a sell on clause, rather than him being released, so they obviously feel he has the potential to be a good player and make them more money that way. The deal was also the start of a link-up with them, so that probably made negotiations a fair bit easier too.

Have the best signings not always been the ones that there has been very little gossip about prior to the announcement?

We'll get who we get, would rather we weren't announcing targets, seem to remember as recently as Muttley mouthing off and us losing out on players.

and how anyone can right off players they've not even seen is beyond me

I'm a bit worried too, but a keeper and a striker is all we really need in my opinion. Two names spring to mind, but that's not going to happen by the looks of it.

The names of Ross and Deuchar also fill me with dread, but lets just wait and see what happens as it's not the massive rebuilding job that was required last summer.

Seeing as he's been mentioned, I did hear from a friend that Dorman was supposed to be buying a house in the area. While I would have expected him to move south for more money he did have a quieter season after his goal-scoring exploits the previous year and he is out of contract, so it might not be completely impossible.

Seeing as he's been mentioned, I did hear from a friend that Dorman was supposed to be buying a house in the area [b](below Scotland). [/b]While I would have expected him to move south for more money he did have a quieter season after his goal-scoring exploits the previous year and he is out of contract, so it might not be completely impossible.

Agent quoted on BBC as him having firm offers from championship teams

After watching that New Zealand game, seems a bit of a shame we didn't get Elliot.

Surely with Jack and Victor in charge we should be looking to bring in Winston :O

hes playing with FC Midtjylland, who we've dealt with before

it's still obviously early, early days but i'm starting to get a worried about who we're going to end up with. so far we've signed one guy that 99% of well fans will be hoping they never see they play and a young centrehalf who was freed by a cypriot club, not exactly promising.

obviously what matters is who's here on the 14th of august and the 1st of september but i'd be a bit more optimistic if i we could see some evidence of proactive signings. names like jack ross, dueuchar, moore and mcglinchey give me nightmares.

Are we being linked with these players again?

Sorry Daza but your comment on Coke is pish!

We just have to be patient on the signings front. I wouldn't worry too much on the names being banded about. As far as I can remember Coke, Jennings, the Juke and Ruddy weren't speculated on before they signed. Is Craig Brown not commentating on the world cup for some Quatar station?

I guess the chances od Dorman coming are remote......but Paw Broon did say that he has made offers to a couple of out of contract SPL players. He would be one on my list.

Sad fact is that any player that attracts interest from another top 6 SPL side or championship club, we will have little chance of competing on wages.

from another top 6 SPL side

:O Aw Naw! I feel another toasted cheese debate coming along,

you are correct, BUT, we've been surprised before, so would never say never.

money isn't everything just ask Craigan, Lasley, Hammell, Cooper, O'Donnell, Coyne, to list only a few that have made the choice.

we just need the right people to be in place to sell the club in negotiations.

N.B I've nae idea who we're targetting just saying like :lol: