Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Entitled? You'll need to explain that one to me. Why does he have any more 'right' to being the back up keeper than Hollis does?

Warm the bench for two years? Bloody hope not as he only has a year left.

Sorry a year in which he is entitled to stay at the club and pick up a decent wage whether he is on the bench or not.

Sorry a year in which he is entitled to stay at the club and pick up a decent wage whether he is on the bench or not.

Your right on that one. He is entitled to do that. However if he doesn't get a game at ANY level (I'd imagine Hollis would be playing in bounce games etc. to keep him match sharp incase Randolph gets injured) over the next 10 months I thnk he might find it even harder to get a club next year. I can see him getting put out on loan to a First or even Second Division club to try and get a wee bit of the wages back that we are paying him for doing nowt.

I'd imagine one of them was Rhys Weston. He was sitting up the back of the POD Stand on Thursday night with Bob McHugh, Paul Slane, Fitzy, and Fraser. Noticed Fraser was wearing last years (Canterbury/JAXX) tracksuit. You know you are out the club's plans when they won't even give you a new trackie.

Wonder if he would consider a loan back to us - seeing as he has made such an impact at Celtic...

Wonder if he would consider a loan back to us - seeing as he has made such an impact at Celtic...

I'm certain he isn't having doubts but he would have been a cert to play on Thursday night if he was with still us. Not even quoted enough to travel to the US for his own teams pre season friendlies. Whilst his own team is preparing for the new season he is sitting on his arse watching his old team play in Europe. Something sadly wrong with that.

I'm certain he isn't having doubts but he would have been a cert to play on Thursday night if he was with still us. Not even quoted enough to travel to the US for his own teams pre season friendlies. Whilst his own team is preparing for the new season he is sitting on his arse watching his old team play in Europe. Something sadly wrong with that.

The saddest part is that none of the very valid points you make would penetrate the thick fuckers brain. What an absolute tit of a boy!

Yep, agreed. And while I understand some of the digs about the guy on this website, we were crying out for a Paul Slane type player on Thursday to run at the defence and make something happen. Without him and JOB, we are really missing that element.

Fully agree with SDiggle. I would be outraged if we developed Slane further via loaning.

I do wish that Slane had signed a new contract with us, and had continued his learning of the game. He would likely have been well known by all the SPL by now, as he had real potential. Unfortunately, he opted to delete 2 or 3 years of 1st team football exposure from his carreer, which will no doubt result in him only reaching a percentage of his potential. A real shame for both our club and the player.

The saddest part is that none of the very valid points you make would penetrate the thick fuckers brain. What an absolute tit of a boy!

He was a Celtic fan. I'm sure if you or I had been playing at Queen's Park or Clyde and Motherwell came in for us, even if it was unlikely that we'd make it to the first team we'd want to give it a try, that plus a pay rise into the bargain!

As for loan signings, when Motherwell bring players in on loan its for the benefit of Motherwell, not to develop them for other clubs. If Slane was brought back it would be because he'd give the team something it doesn't have right now not because we would be doing Celtic a favour!

Anyway I didn't hear the "we shouldn't be developing other teams players" complaint when Ruddy was on loan. What happened? Everton cashed in and we were left without a goalkeeper. Seems it's only a problem if its a Celtic player.

He was a Celtic fan. I'm sure if you or I had been playing at Queen's Park or Clyde and Motherwell came in for us, even if it was unlikely that we'd make it to the first team we'd want to give it a try, that plus a pay rise into the bargain!

As for loan signings, when Motherwell bring players in on loan its for the benefit of Motherwell, not to develop them for other clubs. If Slane was brought back it would be because he'd give the team something it doesn't have right now not because we would be doing Celtic a favour!

Anyway I didn't hear the "we shouldn't be developing other teams players" complaint when Ruddy was on loan. What happened? Everton cashed in and we were left without a goalkeeper. Seems it's only a problem if its a Celtic player.

I don't agree with that assumption Ya Bezzer - and just so that we're crystal it'd be the same if it were Rangers as well :whistling:

We've had this debate ad infinitum however the main point is that - even IF it was me or you and we were a fan of another team wrt a permanent transfer - we'd have been involved in the professional game long enough to know shit from shinola and that the team that developed our talent on limited resources would maybe deserve a wee bit more than us stringing them along re injuries while negotiating a free transfer in the shadows.

I agree that a player who comes in should benefit the team and Ruddy and Jutkiwijcz were good examples came in did a job - realised the benefits to both parties and left with everyone happy with the contribution that they made - and both potentially benefitting from a years first team experience. Extremely professional all round and had a superb understanding of the situation at both football clubs involved

It's all about the attitude to it and the respect for the clubs - the players in question came in and theirs was spot on. Slane thinks he's better than us and he owes us fuck all and treated us apallingly badly. (Calum Elliot had no respect decent attitude or desire either)

Anyway at the end of the day - it's a no brainer. Paul slane given the opportunity of a year's loan at FP would knock it back - IMHO. I honestly would fear for him if he was daft enough (possible???) to return - he's be roasted alive - quite rightly

Yeah, that's a brilliant idea. Let's develop the ungrateful wee fucker even further. . . . . for Celtic

I'm sorry Steve but that's a pretty small-minded and frankly subordinate way of thinking. Paul Slane coming in for 6 months or a year would benefit our team to the tune of league points or Europa League progression - look at how he waltzed through games against European lightweights last year - I saw no-one in our team dancing their way through Thirsday night, did you?

Yes, the guy is far from a perfect human being but surely we can rise above that instead of calling him a wee fucker and make the best out of a possible decent opportunity. He obviously still has some ties and some affinity with Motherwell - I don't think it is out of the question that he could return - and while there isn't a queue of tricky, skillfull and fast wingers snaking along Fir Park street wanting in I think it would be folly to turn the chance down.

I'm sorry Steve but that's a pretty small-minded and frankly subordinate way of thinking. Paul Slane coming in for 6 months or a year would benefit our team to the tune of league points or Europa League progression - look at how he waltzed through games against European lightweights last year - I saw no-one in our team dancing their way through Thirsday night, did you?

Yes, the guy is far from a perfect human being but surely we can rise above that instead of calling him a wee fucker and make the best out of a possible decent opportunity. He obviously still has some ties and some affinity with Motherwell - I don't think it is out of the question that he could return - and while there isn't a queue of tricky, skillfull and fast wingers snaking along Fir Park street wanting in I think it would be folly to turn the chance down.

Balderdash and Piffle!!

I dont want players at my club who don't want to be there. He has no respect for Motherwell FC (ties and affinity!!!). It was utterly childish to jump at the chance to play for the team he supports (he should of paid us back before he went to Celtic)

I have no problem loaning players from the English Leagues, they are usually grateful to be here and we can wish them well when they leave. Thats just not possible when you loan players from the same league. Callum Elliot.

The sheer insult of Paul Slane EVER coming back to Motherwell far outweighs any footballing benefit he could bring to the club. I would not put up with it just to see some extra points on the board.

Scott Severin is a good player who I'd imagine would be a success at Motherwell. However, we are well covered at centre half and centre midfield just now, so I'd rather we focused on a winger and a forward!

It is quite an interesting and intriguing debate regards Paul Slane. There is little doubt that he would have done us a turn had he stayed and little doubt that the team would benefit were he to come back on loan.

That said.............

I most definitely side with those who would not want him near the place. I believe he strung us along with the will he wont he sign saga. We invested in his potential from a very young age and our reward was to be shafted. The point on him increasing his wages and being a Celtic fan is not lost on me.....but even with his limited IQ it was patently obvious he would not get near the Celtic first team for the next couple of years, whilst he would probably have been a 1st team regular with Motherwell.

There is a strong argument that he has stifled his development as a result and that if he were as skillful and promising as say a James Mcfadden he could and probably would have followed a similar career path. In other words playing in the Premiership for mucho wonga.