Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I noticed Lukas Jutkiewicz got 17 minutes in Everton's latest friendly....

Lukas

Glad to see the big guy get some game time, but for purely selfish reasons I hope he doesnt get much more and impress Moyes :P

In all seriousness though, all the best to the guy :D

I noticed Lukas Jutkiewicz got 17 minutes in Everton's latest friendly....

Lukas

For some reason I won't be too upset if he doesn't play in a 'well shirt again because he's breaking into the Everton first team. I'd love to see him do well.

Posted this on the euro game thread and thought i should repeat here,listened to the C.B pre match interview tonight and he mentioned the english teams he had been in contact with re loan signings they where Blackburn Sunderland,Chelsea and Man Utd sounds promising

It doesnae half. Fingers crossed something comes through.

That game tonight highlighted the need for a decent striker.

The amount of chances we squandered was criminal.

I thought it highlighted that we need a creative player to supply our current strikers who all to often were the guys putting the crosses in for the many chances that were missed.

Sutton and Murphy were doing far too much of the supply work, leaving us stretched for players in the middle

Posted this on the euro game thread and thought i should repeat here,listened to the C.B pre match interview tonight and he mentioned the english teams he had been in contact with re loan signings they where Blackburn Sunderland,Chelsea and Man Utd sounds promising

With no mention of Everton that surely puts to bed any thoughts of Lukas returning.

I thought it highlighted that we need a creative player to supply our current strikers who all to often were the guys putting the crosses in for the many chances that were missed.

Sutton and Murphy were doing far too much of the supply work, leaving us stretched for players in the middle

Yep, me too. We need a player who can run at better teams than Breidilbank, and make things happen!

Spot on.

anyone think we should try humphrey as a forward?he's quick and direct and would cause defences more probs up front.

He seemed to drift up front at times last night, maybe trying to drop a hint <_>

Also noticed he seemed to have a bit more luck when he cut inside, something i cant say I've seen him do before.

The only problem about him cutting inside is he doesn't have a left foot. A Right foot winger, cutting inside from the right side is useless unless he plays left wing (works well for Spain when they play Villa there :doh: )

Well it cant hurt to try him on the other side then, his crosses cant be any less effective, and he cant be any worse than Forbes as im sure some would argue on here <_>

You weren't there. You didnt see how dire he actually was.
That is pure speculation - you have no idea which games I attended last season, but regardless..
Saying that, admitedly the whole team were shite that night, including the manager.
... that was exactly my point. Judging any player in a shite game against St Mirren is pointless. We haven't turned in many decent performances against that shower in the last few seasons.

That is pure speculation - you have no idea which games I attended last season, but regardless..

Just like nam, you weren't there dude, you werent there!

I can't be arsed but I would bet a hefty chunk that were I to dig through the archives and find the match thread, you will have been posting from across the pond.

Put quite simply, Humphrey was atrocious in that position. Add into the fact that in all the games I have watched him in (which is far more that you will have seen :lol: ) the one thing he is even worse at than crossing, is getting his foot through the ball. Now being able to hit a shot is a key skill for an attacker so I would quite happily say no. Keep him on the wing to try and stretch the game.

I should point out though that I do think there would be merit on standing him on the half way line when we are defending corners, any big punt up the park with him running onto it would have an opposition defence in disarray. Full time upfront - no thanks.

Humphrey put in a few decent crosses last night and was keeping their left back busy for the first half.

I agree his game is limited, but given time to settle into the squad he will come good. He never really got a decent run the in the team last term.