Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Motherwell manager Craig Brown is waiting by the phone in the hope of making signings ahead of Thursday's Europa League tie.

"I'm expecting a couple of call backs from managers down in England on Monday morning," Brown told his club website.

"And we are hoping to use our contacts to secure a couple of loan signings. I am looking for an absolute minimum of three additions to the squad."

Has there been any noise regarding any of the players he mentioned?

Just imagine how much we could do with the £600k+ weve spent on that shitehole of a park over the last 2 summers + having to play euro games at Airdrie last year.

Weve replaced Ruddy, Coke shouldnt be missed too badly with Hateley staying + Jennings,Forbes + Lasley competing in the middle as well. We Must replace O`Brien + Lukas which we should be able to do with the cash + 2 loans Brown has spoken about and a right back or proper left winger would help, so we should be there or there abouts.

What people also need to remember, our turnover hasnt risen at all,if anything its shrunk! (it was one of the smallest in the league to start with as well!) Within those limits weve signed McHugh,Hutch,Forbes,Hateley,Murphy,Saunders to long term deals on what would surely be higher money so were not doing too badly.

I'd be VERY surprised if we achieved that.

I'd be VERY surprised if we achieved that.

Thats what worries me but it is do-able, tho as the cash we have is minimal, id prefer the 2 loanees to be a striker and a winger as we have more chance of loaning a quality premiership youngster like Lukas than signing a quality striker for 50p + a chomp

I notice that Artur Boruc has beeen sold today with one year left on his contract for about £1.7million. This should put paid to any sort of talk of £500k for Reynolds. The best we can hope for is £150k if we manage to sell him at all. I know Reynolds is younger, but I think the Boruc price and various others have shown where the market is at the moment in terms of prices...

I notice that Artur Boruc has beeen sold today with one year left on his contract for about £1.7million. This should put paid to any sort of talk of £500k for Reynolds. The best we can hope for is £150k if we manage to sell him at all. I know Reynolds is younger, but I think the Boruc price and various others have shown where the market is at the moment in terms of prices...

Your contrarianism, be there such a word, is reaching new levels. Boruc is 30 years old and no longer held in quite as high regard as he was say 3 seasons ago. It is not exactly a sellers market at the minute but if we can put in a couple of good euro rounds and Reynolds performs well we could easily see a renewed burst of interest. As domestic season and transfer deadlines loom closer we'll see more clubs likelyinclined to doing deals. It by no means a certainty that we just need to sit back and wait for offers to come in but I wouldn't be grabbing the first six figure sum offered. The stature of the clubs interested will say a lot about fee involved, any reasonable championship interest would see something like £500k as a reasonable benchmark.

Your contrarianism, be there such a word, is reaching new levels. Boruc is 30 years old and no longer held in quite as high regard as he was say 3 seasons ago. It is not exactly a sellers market at the minute but if we can put in a couple of good euro rounds and Reynolds performs well we could easily see a renewed burst of interest. As domestic season and transfer deadlines loom closer we'll see more clubs likelyinclined to doing deals. It by no means a certainty that we just need to sit back and wait for offers to come in but I wouldn't be grabbing the first six figure sum offered. The stature of the clubs interested will say a lot about fee involved, any reasonable championship interest would see something like £500k as a reasonable benchmark.

I smell a wager in the air. If you want a better comparison, a left footed cental defender who has captained Scotland and has Champions League experience has just changed hands for £1.5 million.

I will wager you a pint of lager that any fee reported when we sell Reynolds will be closer to £150k than it will be to the £500k. And if it's undisclosed you're getting hee haw, I'm not wearing the "Ah heard it was £425k" nonsense... ;)

I noticed that Michael Fraser is still on the club's books. Surely if we can offload him that'll free up enough wages to able another permanent signing?

I would imagine, though I could be wrong, that Randolph's wages are being paid for by getting Fraser off the wage bill. I reckon we signed Randolph on the understanding that Fraser would soon be off the wage bill and just decided to take the hit of paying both players wages for a few weeks while Fraser finds himself a club in order that we had a goalkeeper in place.

I reckon that Coke's wages are still available though...

Coke might be gone but remember we have also given a fair few players improved contracts. All those 3 year deals will be taking chunks out of any wage budget we have.

Thats fair enough but a contract was offered to Coke in addition to those improved contracts so its still a wage which was already budgeted for.

Regarding loan signings.

The thing in our favour and many other small clubs is the new Premiership Squad Rules. 25 players, although Under 19's (I think - maybe 21) don't require to be registered. As it stands Sunderland have 29 players, and they won't be a team with the biggest squad.

@ Dodge, oh aye, forgot we offered him a contract <_ was it a year deal or three though>

I would imagine, though I could be wrong, that Randolph's wages are being paid for by getting Fraser off the wage bill. I reckon we signed Randolph on the understanding that Fraser would soon be off the wage bill and just decided to take the hit of paying both players wages for a few weeks while Fraser finds himself a club in order that we had a goalkeeper in place.

I reckon that Coke's wages are still available though...

Fraser back at the Club and paying three fulltime keeper's wages can't be good that's for sure. Need Fraser to find a new club asap now.

So we have 6 minutes to get an 'Emergency' Striker or 'O'Brien Replacement' in for the Euro games.

Chances?

What was Mother Teresa....?

EDIT I recall last season, it was the case that you had til 24 hours before kick-off, so technically we still have a couple of hours to wait to find out the answer is still nun...

Just wanted to put this input here. This was reported in a danish media today about Liverpool reserve team player Victor Palsson who hails from Iceland :doh:. He is being linked with a loan move this season but is now travelling with the first team squad in Switzerland.

"There are Portuguese, French, Danish and Dutch clubs interested in Palsson. There are also several other english clubs in the picture and TWO scottish clubs showed an interest already in June," Palssons agent Mads Winther told Bold.dk.

Maybe Motherwell one of the two?

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/Palsson-agent-Tre-danske-bejlere

Just wanted to put this input here. This was reported in a danish media today about Liverpool reserve team player Victor Palsson who hails from Iceland :doh:. He is being linked with a loan move this season but is now travelling with the first team squad in Switzerland.

"There are Portuguese, French, Danish and Dutch clubs interested in Palsson. There are also several other english clubs in the picture and TWO scottish clubs showed an interest already in June," Palssons agent Mads Winther told Bold.dk.

Maybe Motherwell one of the two?

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/Palsson-agent-Tre-danske-bejlere

Well we know one of them isn't St Mirren coz the boy doesnae play for Cowdenbeath.

Compatriot Cody Arnoux, however, was not in uniform at Torquay and his future appears to lie elsewhere. The striker has contact with clubs both inside and outside the United Kingdom, though McLean will only admit to the presence of longtime suitor Motherwell among the small crowd.

“Cody is weighing a few other options,” said the agent. “Motherwell has definitely expressed their interest and there is a possibility outside the UK.”

Though Arnoux does have admirers in Major League Soccer, McLean reiterated an earlier comment that Arnoux would likely remain overseas.

Thats the striker we had on trial last season.