Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

I see Lukas was an unused sub in Everton's win in Sydney yesterday. Would be surprised if a Championship club doesn't weigh in with a bid although I can see why Brown is still trying to get him. One of the phonecalls he is getting on Monday about another loan move for him?

When Brown says he has enough funds for a striker I take it he is talking about wages only and not a small transfer fee as well (obviously not enough to buy Lukas)?

I see Lukas was an unused sub in Everton's win in Sydney yesterday. Would be surprised if a Championship club doesn't weigh in with a bid although I can see why Brown is still trying to get him. One of the phonecalls he is getting on Monday about another loan move for him?

When Brown says he has enough funds for a striker I take it he is talking about wages only and not a small transfer fee as well (obviously not enough to buy Lukas)?

I gathered he was wanting a striker on a permanent deal?

"We have the funds to get a new striker, that's all there is unless we sell a player," Brown said. "We've allowed (Spaniard Carlos) Gazapo to go back. We still have (Chris) Shuker on our radar. He has other offers, he is a nice wee player and he's a possibility.

"We have been on the phone for one or two loans from England, but it's unlikely we'll have anyone in before the game. We're on the phone and I'm getting a call back from a couple of managers on Monday."

So we are replacing EITHER Lukas OR O'Brien. That is two HUGE players to replace. Can't believe we are only looking to get 1 replaced.

For me IF I had to choose I would say a left winger is more essential than a Striker. Forbes can't play left mid worth a fuck and McHugh while not ready 100% will do a job up front.

Also - what was the point of the RB trialist at Forfar when we have 3 right backs including Hately?

So we are replacing EITHER Lukas OR O'Brien. That is two HUGE players to replace. Can't believe we are only looking to get 1 replaced.

For me IF I had to choose I would say a left winger is more essential than a Striker. Forbes can't play left mid worth a fuck and McHugh while not ready 100% will do a job up front.

Also - what was the point of the RB trialist at Forfar when we have 3 right backs including Hately?

It seems to change on a regular basis. On the official site he stated:

Brown admitted: “We are always on the phone. I’m expecting a couple of call backs from managers down in England on Monday morning, and we are hoping to use our contacts to secure a couple of loan signings. I am looking for an absolute minimum of three additions to the squad.

Is it not 3 makeshift right backs we have? Hately wants to be in midfield and Saunders is supposedly a centre half. Then again so was Paul Quinn, but end up being makeshift long enough and people forget.

Not sure who the 3rd right back is, could be Page(another centre half/right back) or the Cypriot lad.

Either way we don't have a set in stone 1st choice and despite some decent performances from Saunders and Hately there I'd rip yer arm off for a good solid full back with wee bit of pace there.

I thought Brown meant he WANTED to bring in three players but he can only afford to bring in one.

That's why he's desperate to offload Reynolds.

Brown's right, from a football perspective we need at least another three players in but whether the money is there to be able to do that is another question.

We are probably looking around for cheap loan deals where we will only have to pay a percentage of the wage.

Charaloumbis, Page, Hateley + Saunders can all play rb tho none are "natural" full backs, the thing is, with our financial limitations can we afford to bring in a "proper" right back + have 2 or 3 of these guys sitting doing nothing every week? all the time being unable to replace Lukas + O`Brien due to that signing?

The impression I got was Charaloumbis was purchased with the U21's in mind and maybe a few senior games as the season went on and injuries hit. I can't see anything so far to suggest otherwise (i.e. length of contract, Youngy going to Cyprus, what the offical website said of his arrival).

id be happy with saunders as our permanent right back who i thought done well playing there last season so signing a more natural right back would be a waste of money which we probably dont have anyway.weve got pretty good numbers to pick fae in defence and central midfield but we could really be doing with a left winger and another striker

The impression I got was Charaloumbis was purchased with the U21's in mind and maybe a few senior games as the season went on and injuries hit. I can't see anything so far to suggest otherwise (i.e. length of contract, Youngy going to Cyprus, what the offical website said of his arrival).

I rememeber Gordon Young saying it will be a while before he would make the first team, so i doubt very much if we will see much of him in the near future.

I don't think given the financial constraints that we can afford to sign another right back considering the options we have that could play there. Jutkiewicz and O'Brien need replaced with as close to as possible same quality. A left midfielder would also be desirable. Failure to do so with the first two especially has me quite worried. Our squad on paper at the moment looks a damn site healthier than the one that took to the field v Llanelli in Airdrie last season, but there's not much creativity in it for the long haul.

I noticed that Michael Fraser is still on the club's books. Surely if we can offload him that'll free up enough wages to able another permanent signing?

Agree with Airfinz, it's amazing how so much info in the public domain passes people by.

Coke signs for Sheff Wed and a week later Brown is quoted as saying he has funds for a striker's wages (free transfer) + a couple of loanees. Yet we still go back and count Cokes wages as being up for grabs on top of what he's said.

All of Scottish Football (yes that's including ourselves) is bankrupt. If we don't generate something like £1M per year minimum in transfers we're adding to the deficit.

I've also been to collect my Jim Paterson winnings from Victor Chandler - looking for Richie Foran and Alan MacCormack, plus Clarkson on loan to get the accumulator up in the next 48hrs.

I noticed that Michael Fraser is still on the club's books. Surely if we can offload him that'll free up enough wages to able another permanent signing?

:nod: Pardon my ignorance. Money still required to 'offload' him from his current contract, no? We'd be cheaper taking out a hit on him, well, a brass monkey tenner bag seen ye down in Forgewood should suffice.

Just imagine how much we could do with the £600k+ weve spent on that shitehole of a park over the last 2 summers + having to play euro games at Airdrie last year.

Weve replaced Ruddy, Coke shouldnt be missed too badly with Hateley staying + Jennings,Forbes + Lasley competing in the middle as well. We Must replace O`Brien + Lukas which we should be able to do with the cash + 2 loans Brown has spoken about and a right back or proper left winger would help, so we should be there or there abouts.

What people also need to remember, our turnover hasnt risen at all,if anything its shrunk! (it was one of the smallest in the league to start with as well!) Within those limits weve signed McHugh,Hutch,Forbes,Hateley,Murphy,Saunders to long term deals on what would surely be higher money so were not doing too badly.