Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

It was a flat three to start with in midfield with a 'McGhee' three pringed attack up top. Plenty of overlapping by the fullbacks, esp Hammy gave us width.

I could be wrong but I thought after Murphy went off we went to 4-4-2 with Shuker right mid and Forbes Left mid.

Aye, we changed in the second half again though, with the Spaniard through the middle, Shuker behind him, Sutton wide on the right, forbes wide on the left, Lasley and Jennings tidying up in midfield.

decent young right back just released by Everton, Dan Gosling, wonder if we could use our toffee connections? would be a cracking pick up, although im pretty sure he will end up at a championship team

edit : looks like he will end up at a premiership team never mind championship, Newcastle,Sunderland + West Ham after him already, just a little out our league then lol, didnt realize he was quite that highly rated!

Aye given he knocked back 15k a week I doubt we have a chance.

Sounds like an admin cockup by Everton albeit you could argue the boy has done a Paul Slane on them. Imagine he will end up at Newcastle. Had been linked with Man United but they wouldn't want to be seen to be doing the dirty on Everton.

Another outwith our budget but Paul Hartley seems keen on a return to Scotland.

Whoever had the good feeling about Gazapo was a mile oot! He was as slow as a week in the jail! Hopefully just lacking in match sharpness as he won a few good high balls and I reckon he knows where the goals are. To be fair, I don't think being the prong in a front three suited him. Would like to see him play in a two with McHugh or someone like that.

I wisnae impressed myself. If he is the same against Forfar and Ayr then it will be cheerio no doubt. Hopefully we will see the player that Brown and Knox hope he is.

Aye given he knocked back 15k a week I doubt we have a chance.

Apparently the story with Gosling is - Everton had offered him a verbal deal of 15k-a-week and he accepted but it wasn't followed up by Everton (an admin cock-up) to get the contract in place but now Goslings' contract has ran out - he can now walk away from Everton and pocket £4m himself rather than Everton.

Actually, heres a link rather than me explaining - Gosling/Everton

Essentially he's done something more people would do than not probably.

Everton are stupid bastards not to do something as simple as offer a contract in writing that would have protected their investment if they wanted to keep him.

He might have went back on his word but anyone is entitled to change their mind and if he gets a bigger signing on fee, bigger wages and more chances of first team games then in this world it would seem he mad not to walk.

Angelis Charalambous, any1 had a chance to see him yet!? was hoping he would play in one of the freindly games but nah not even on bench!

Put him in when he's not up to speed and have chumps like this guy ^ using his wealth of footballing knowledge to decide he's not good enough for us?

Put him in when he's not up to speed and have chumps like this guy ^ using his wealth of footballing knowledge to decide he's not good enough for us?

+1, In the middle of September last year Lukas was being derided on here. Herr Flick gets 45 mins and gets abuse.

Your use of "Chump" seems rather tame based on your track record, you got a swear jar beside your computer?

+1, In the middle of September last year Lukas was being derided on here. Herr Flick gets 45 mins and gets abuse.

Your use of "Chump" seems rather tame based on your track record, you got a swear jar beside your computer?

Costs nothing to be polite. icon_proud.gif

To be fair you don't have to be Jose Mourinho to see that the guy wasn't fast, strong, couldn't beat a man, or run the channels and his shooting was abysmal over 180 minutes...

"We have the funds to get a new striker, that's all there is unless we sell a player," Brown said. "We've allowed (Spaniard Carlos) Gazapo to go back. We still have (Chris) Shuker on our radar. He has other offers, he is a nice wee player and he's a possibility.

"We have been on the phone for one or two loans from England, but it's unlikely we'll have anyone in before the game. We're on the phone and I'm getting a call back from a couple of managers on Monday."

We do need a striker that is for sure. Still not convinced Murphy can be a first choice pick every week and McHugh is still a season away imo. Not surprised Gazapo is away and glad to hear Shuker is a possibility. Although if he has other offers we could miss out.