Vs Brechin, Forfar And, Ayr United

Finlay

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good wee win. I said 2 wins and a draw before the friendlies but wouldnt mind a third on Saturday.

Wonder if there will be any signings by tomorrows deadline.

a new signing would be a nice we boost for thursday but i just dont see it happening.what about hateley does anybody know what the score is with his injury

Not long back from Forfar. It proved to be much tougher than Tuesday night, but then again it was far from our first choice team. We ended the game with a midfield of Lasley, Meechan, Reynolds and Halsman, so to win this one was pretty good.

Forfar were up for the game, and put us under pressure, particularly in the air. We conceded a bad goal from a long throw, but did defend well under a barrage of high balls.

Shukes goal was tremendous, and for me he'd be a good signing. Sadly, Gazapo didn't impress so I can't imagine he'll stay for long. Our third trialist Rhys Weston seemed tidy enough and did okay at right back.

Decent Well support, certainly a few more than the 100 or so at Brechin. Also good for some youngsters like Hutchinson, Page, Meechan and Halsman to get a run out against some big hardy lads, will do them no harm at all.

Nice wee ground too, with a vocal home support.

Onwards now to Ayr!!

Typical preseason game. Loads of our lads were a good bit off the pace (link up play, passes too short/too long, positional play, beating players etc.) but their fitness wasn't too bad. Forfar had a few beer guts on show but should have got the draw to be honest :rolleyes: Least they deserved as they were a decent side.

Hollis looks like a decent back up keeper, Weston got hurt (although looked a good bit short of match sharpness), Humphrey can still run fast in a straight line and under hit/over hit the majority of crosses, Sutton goes into every game like it is VERY important and gives maximum effort, Shuker could be a new signing imo and Gazapo won't be a new signing imo.

Hoping for Broon's first eleven to play on Saturday. Hope to see Hateley in the team as well. I think he is missed a great deal when he is out.

Good win right enough and nice wee ground.

Just home. While it was only a friendly, we look an absolute mile off the pace and Humphrey still cant cross.

Shuker is a belter, Gazapo is shite.

I would agree with every word of that.

I would add that Meechan looks OK in the middle - bit of a bruiser in there!! I also thought Bob McHugh had a good game - better than the Spaniard and I would be content with Sutts (going to be a huge player for us this year) and McHugh up front for the Icelandic game. Defo need another Striker in though long term!!

Gazapo might well be as rank as Ally Graham or worse, but given how many slated Porter and Jutkiewicz I'll be holding back on forming an opinion. That said he clearly needs to be standing out for positive reasons real quick if he is ever to get the chance to make people eat their words like the above pair. A stunning performance against Ayr is probably needed to even keep him in the reckoning.

Do we have any other games lined up that trialists can play in? Assuming unless Shuker and Gazapo get some sort of official even month long deal(and with current FIFA guidelines they'd be mad to) they won't be in action in the coming Europa tie.

Not even Accies are that daft :lol:

Well there fans certainly our i remember the Accies fan who came on here saying that there academy was amazing and they had all there players on long term deals in the academy and they would be higher in the league than is this coming season and then would challenge for Europe.

So you never know :lol:

Gazapo might well be as rank as Ally Graham or worse, but given how many slated Porter and Jutkiewicz I'll be holding back on forming an opinion. That said he clearly needs to be standing out for positive reasons real quick if he is ever to get the chance to make people eat their words like the above pair. A stunning performance against Ayr is probably needed to even keep him in the reckoning.

Do we have any other games lined up that trialists can play in? Assuming unless Shuker and Gazapo get some sort of official even month long deal(and with current FIFA guidelines they'd be mad to) they won't be in action in the coming Europa tie.

So what would you call a "stunning" performance against a lower league side in a preseason friendly?