• John Sutton
    • Gary Smith
    • Steven Saunders
    • Null Vote

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say I thought it was a lacklustre performance from the majority of the team, bar Lasley and Jennings. Can't believe folks on here thought Forbes had a good game, he was absolutely useless; no creativity, rarely looked up when passing the ball, looked lost for large periods of the game and had no pace or desire to tackle or track back... That aside he had a blinder!! I was struggling towork out the pros and ther partimers....

Hope for a vast improvement in the land of ice....

my vote went to Mark Reynolds who strolled through the game.

Shows it really is all about opinions. That Breadablik should have scored three times but for poor finishing suggests to me that the defense did not stroll through the game. When Breadablik came forward with pace we looked vulnerable at the back and a good few of Reynolds forward passes were to no one. If I had been a scout at the game last night watching Reynolds I would be keeping my money in my pocket.

Lets face it, He didn't actually mean that. It was just a cross that bounced past the keeper. <_>

:doh: You weren't sitting next to me by any chance last night? Must have a torrid time in the house...

I'd forge the current team around Forbes, evidently missed when Paw Broon decided to sit on our 1 goal lead :nod:

<_ you weren sitting next to me by any chance last night must have a torrid time in the house...>

I'd forge the current team around Forbes, evidently missed when Paw Broon decided to sit on our 1 goal lead :doh:

Forbes in definetly going to divide opinion amongst the fans. I can't make up my mind about him at all but would probably rather he were in the team than out.

Few solid performances, Jennings wins my motm though. He's the one that holds the team together. Noteable shouts for Reynolds and Hammell.

Re Forbes, sometimes I wonder what folk look for in a footballer.

Arguably the most gifted player at the club just now. Offered great delivery last night and showed good composure on the ball. If we build the team around him he has the potential to be one of the best players in the SPL.

Few solid performances, Jennings wins my motm though. He's the one that holds the team together. Noteable shouts for Reynolds and Hammell.

Re Forbes, sometimes I wonder what folk look for in a footballer.

Arguably the most gifted player at the club just now. Offered great delivery last night and showed good composure on the ball. If we build the team around him he has the potential to be one of the best players in the SPL.

Yeah Forbes is one of the few players who looks comfortable in possession and he is happy to play short simple passes, while also having the ability to open things up. His clipped pass in the second half coming out of defence split 4 or 5 players and had Murphy controlled it it could have resulted in a goal.

If Motherwell had more players running off the ball (the lack of movement at times last night was shocking) then Forbes would be great to have in the centre of the park, with Jennings doing his dirty work.

Have to disagree with Jennings as Mom. I don't recall him doing anything of note.

Can't believe folks on here thought Forbes had a good game, he was absolutely useless; no creativity, rarely looked up when passing the ball, looked lost for large periods of the game and had no pace or desire to tackle or track back

forbes crossing was superb last night

he just takes too long to control the ball and look up, by the times he's done that he's already been closed down and has to go backwards

Lasley for me, mainly just your typical all round solid performance.

Hately for me was rotten, Forbes again looks suited to playing in europe and probably a lot more so than SPL. Other than that no one had a complete mare and it was a decent start for 1st competative match. If we go on and complete the job over in Iceland will be quite happy, certainly should do on last nights evidence.

Lets face it, He didn't actually mean that. It was just a cross that bounced past the keeper. :lol:

So it was the perfect in-swinging cross then. A defence/keepers nightmare.

Have to disagree with Jennings as Mom. I don't recall him doing anything of note.

Everytime Craigan or Reynolds stepped out of defence with the ball, no matter how far up the park they went we always had two centre backs - that was because of the covering by Jennings. He was told to keep the defence solid when need be, and he did that very well. He held the midfield together, and he also calmed things down when needed.

Reynolds for me. Like Yir Elder I thought he strolled through the game. Forbes I think is too inconsistent and to one footed to be a top player. His passing at times was superb last night but he cannae tackle a fish supper. He is a luxury player but I don't think he is a luxury that we can afford to have.

Reynolds for me. Like Yir Elder I thought he strolled through the game. Forbes I think is too inconsistent and to one footed to be a top player. His passing at times was superb last night but he cannae tackle a fish supper. He is a luxury player but I don't think he is a luxury that we can afford to have.
Aye, all these superb passers of a ball need to be eliminated from the game ASAP. They're ruining it for the cloggers.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watchin a different Keith Lasley from the one people on here watch.

With you on this mate. Its the Keith Lasley cult thing again.

Don't get me wrong though he wasn't the worst player on the park, but equally he wasn't anywhere near the best either. Too unambitious and lacking in pace to get up and down the park and very one footed. He also gave away two or three bad balls which could have cost us big time.

To be fair though he wasn't match fit and was playing alongside one and latterly two other holding midfielders.

With you on this mate. Its the Keith Lasley cult thing again.

Don't get me wrong though he wasn't the worst player on the park, but equally he wasn't anywhwere near the best either. Too unambitious and lacking in pace to get up and down the park and very one footed. He also gave away two or three bad balls which could have cost us. big time.

To be fair though he wasn't match fit and was playing alongside one and latterly two other holding midfielders.

Must admit I've always been a big fan of his but was surprised to read the praise on here after last night.

He put in a steady performance but I think he is better playing slightly deeper. He will no doubt put in a tremendous contribution over the course of the season but we could do with a more athletic box to box midfielder to compliment Jennings & Forbes.

Murphy for myself.

With it being the first competitive game, I thought everyone got at least pass marks with the exception of Smith who just didn't impress me at all. 

And, even though he didn't have a great deal to do, I was quietly impressed with Randolph. Just the second ever home European clean sheet- the only other one against a team from the Faroes.

Just my 5 pence.

SD

Aye, all these superb passers of a ball need to be eliminated from the game ASAP. They're ruining it for the cloggers.

Not what I mean't at all. Forbes has bags of talent, wonderful passer of the ball and he takes a good dead ball, however, if Lasley or Jennings are injured we don't have the back up to allow Forbes to play, therefore for a club like ours he is a luxury. However, if he learns how to tackle, that his right foot is not just for standing on and not need a 10 yard start for a 5 yard sprint then he will do wonderfully well at Motherwell.

Not what I mean't at all. Forbes has bags of talent, wonderful passer of the ball and he takes a good dead ball, however, if Lasley or Jennings are injured we don't have the back up to allow Forbes to play, therefore for a club like ours he is a luxury. However, if he learns how to tackle, that his right foot is not just for standing on and not need a 10 yard start for a 5 yard sprint then he will do wonderfully well at Motherwell.

I would say we do have backup in the form of Hateley and Fitzpatrick.