Who's In The Pot For The Next Round?

Dosser30

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of having a chance of qualifying, it's the perfect draw. They'll be extremely difficult to overcome, but given those available to us, definetly winnable.

I think out of all the ties we could've had, this is the most winnable. That's not to say its easy, far from it, but it could've been a lot tougher for us.

OB are lucky to even be in this round btw! at home they are a good outfit away from home they seem to have a bad record.. brown knows what he is doing hes already proved that and the team spirit is just amazing atm! I think this is going to go down similar to Aafk.. its going to beee exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets hope for a good start in the SPL and really get the momentum going :D

Fuck off :rolleyes: . All i ask for is a big name at fir park and look at who we get :rolleyes:

Feel like this a wee bit myself. Also a wee bit 'fearful' we are getting sooked into a Nancy situation of thinking we can win when the reality of that tie was we hardly registered a shot on goal in 180 mins of football.

On the flip side it IS the most winable tie. One though which will result in not many 'Well fans being at the away game. Again.

This draw is either great or poor depending on your ambitions or those of the club.

From a financial standpoint it is not great and depending on the result of the 1st leg will not see many more than were there last night.

From the point of view of getting to the group stages it is the best draw considering the other teams. Not saying it is easy - far from it - just easier.

My preference would have been Man City for the glamour, media attention and cash. But Odense were probably next since it is at least relatively close by. I will definitely go whereas with Russia and Turkey it would have been a definite no go.

All in all a fairly decent draw.

Remember when we got Nancy when they were the 'ideal' draw?

Not trying to put a dampener on things or anything :rolleyes:

No one is saying it will be easy. I just think this is our best chance, not necessarily to go through but with the second leg at home, to have another tie at Fir Park without it being like a wake. Imagine if we had to go to Villareal or Man City and come back to Fir Park having lost the first leg 5-0? What would be the crowd for that game, glamour tie or not? Not saying that won't happen with Odense but I think we have more of a chance of coming back from Denmark with the tie still alive and therefore more chance of an enjoyable atmosphere at Fir Park. That is, of course, if you enjoy tension...