Who's In The Pot For The Next Round?

Dosser30

Question, would you really want to play a very big name and get humped or a smaller team and have a real chance of progression?

'llI take a chance of getting through to the next round any day

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like this a wee bit myself. Also a wee bit 'fearful' we are getting sooked into a Nancy situation of thinking we can win when the reality of that tie was we hardly registered a shot on goal in 180 mins of football.

On the flip side it IS the most winable tie. One though which will result in not many 'Well fans being at the away game. Again.

a little disappointing not to get a big side but this gives us the chance to get 3 more home games with at least 1 top team.odense are not as good as nancy or steaua so no point in comparing.i expect they are better than the other teams we've played and will probably play in similar style to aaelesund(direct with lots of crosses).

Question, would you really want to play a very big name and get humped or a smaller team and have a real chance of progression?

'llI take a chance of getting through to the next round any day

Then we can have our glamour ties... :rolleyes:

It will be difficult, but at least we have a slight chance of going through. If we had a glamour game against Man City or Villareal, that wouldn't be the case...

No sh1t Sherlock

How many of the Nancy side did you know when the draw was made? Three of the OB squad are well known names in British football for starters.

Pretty much all of them. :s Nancy are/where a bigger team than OB ever have been, just because some of us didn't know about them as they had no idea about French football...

It will be difficult, but at least we have a slight chance of going through. If we had a glamour game against Man City or Villareal, that wouldn't be the case...

Agreed. An excellent draw for us. Apart from accessibility I'm glad we missed Manchester City - we can watch them ad nauseum on the box. Good to land a different side which we haven't seen before.

Then we can have our glamour ties... :thumbup:

This is it for me anaw.

We really have a chance against this mob, hold our own away and get at them at FP like we did against the Norwegians last night!!

Once in the groups we get 1,000,000 Euros for Starters + gate money + win money + TV Money + a guarenteed 'top seed' with the media attention and full house PLUS winnable games against lesser teams. Get into the groups, a beauty!!

If we get to the group stages, I doubt they'll be many, if any lesser teams in the draw. We'll be in pot 4 for certain, I don't think it would be even possible for us to go up a pot unless half the seeded teams go out.

I'll worry about that if (and it's a big IF) we get there. The group stages are at least a possibility. If we had drawn Man City or Villareal, that wouldn't have been the case. The money for reaching the group stages and the chance of seeing at least one "proper" European name (not Man City, someone with history) is enough for me...