Who's In The Pot For The Next Round?

Dosser30

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chick Young (I know, I know...) has just been on Radio Scotland saying whoever draws Real Mallorca gets a bye to the group stages. Is that right enough?!

No thats not right atoll.UEFA confirmed If Mallorca's apeal fails then Villarreal(as Spain's next highest placed side) would take their place.Chick young was talking rubbish

personally I would take take Litex Lovech of Bulgaria as I would say they're probably weakest of the seeded teams from a footballing point of view as they didn't impress me when I seen them on the internet get hammered by Bate in last seasons Play-off round but saying that Aston Villa would put out a reserve team against us and we could maybe just pull off a shock and the fact that the game would get tv coverage would be good.but theres also that part of me that would love to see the Well take on Liverpool or Juventus

So we don't get divided into pots tonight I take it?

I'm not sure actually because UEFA don't usually do it unntil the morning but ovbiously surprised everybody by doing at night last round I think we'l' just have to wait and see.what I would say is because gyorv montpellier went to penalties f they did them tonight they wouldn't be out for maybe another 10-15 mins

No thats not right atoll.UEFA confirmed If Mallorca's apeal fails then Villarreal(as Spain's next highest placed side) would take their place.

I think thats fair and only right but if we draw them tomorrow I'll think its a feckin disgrace and we should have got a by into the group stages :lol:

Also, if we did get a by I'd bet JB would be complaining that we had been done out of money :)

Austria Vienna, Odense, or any of the 3 Bulgarian teams, realistically, is our only hope of getting through.

12:30 BST the draw?

yes 12:30 BST for the draw I would also say Austria Vienna would maybe even be too strong for us after their impressive run to the groups last year where they picked up good results against werder bremen and CSKA Sofia maybe as well who drew with fulham in last years group stage and should have beat them maybe as well but I would add Dnipro of ukraine (who aberdeen knocked out in 2007)and maybe just maybe Metalist Kharkiv also of Ukraine