Not Long To Go!

AndyRoss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craigy Broon Special.

Score early, defend, defend, defend, break away goal at the end.

I was a bit disappointed by the defend, defend, defend part because I thought we made it harder for ourselves than it should have been but at the final whistle all was forgiven.

The goalkeeper and back four were immense and Craigan's reaction to the third goal will live long in the memory.

+1

They never looked like scoring mind you they did give us a few nervous moments

Well that wisnae bad was it! :lol:

Im exhausted after that, I was papping myself for the last 30 mins.

Atleast we took care of low passes across the box with ease.

Why are folks on here wanting Mallorca?????

Did Villareal no take there place?

People thought if we got mallorca we would get a bye! I am a prick who thought we would lose tonight! Having said that I don't think we will get through the next round whoever we get so I want a super power. Any of the English mob, Stuttgart, Juventus etc will do me for the cash we will get for TV and gate receipts. Mon the Well!! Sorry I ever doubted you!!! :evilgrin:

People thought if we got mallorca we would get a bye! I am a prick who thought we would lose tonight! Having said that I don't think we will get through the next round whoever we get so I want a super power. Any of the English mob, Stuttgart, Juventus etc will do me for the cash we will get for TV and gate receipts. Mon the Well!! Sorry I ever doubted you!!! :evilgrin:

Hoping for Liverpool or Man City so I can go :lol:

The wife's awready been telt!! B-)

Brilliant result all the players and management can take huge kudos, well done to Shaun Hutchison coming into cooper stand to see if guy hit by ball pre match was OK

A wonderful result tonight tho the start of the 2nd half was tough going. However all is forgiven. I'd also like to shaun hutchison too. Showed his class by clambering up to see the old guy.

A terrific victory on the night, and now a possible glamour tie and huge pay-day awaits for us in the draw tomorrow.

Superb start and two great goals, then a wonderfully organised defensive display until the third goal right at the end. Once again Craigy has masterminded a very professional team performance from the lads.

They did put us under pressure in the second half, mainly through high balls it has to be said. Mind you they aren't a bad side, which makes our 3-0 win all the better.

Very impressed with the defence tonight, with Crags and big Randy outstanding.

Bring on the draw tomorrow, canny wait!!

Vewy vewy pwoud of the boys tonight.

The relief after the 3rd went in was amazing. The way we sat back in the second half was worrying and 1 goal for them and it would be sweaty bum time.

They passed the ball around midfield well and with some better strikers would have scored. That said our central defence was outstanding and Randolph was great. Everyone put in a decent shift and Humphrey showed us what he was capable of in the 1st half.

Hope we avoid teams from Turkey, Romania, Russia and Ukraine. If so I will be on the plane 4 sure..... :thumbup:

As good a performance i've seen in a while in the first 45 tonight. Our back four were superb. Great to see Saunders put last weeks game behind him by creating the 2nd goal.

Also really impressed with big Randolph. And what can you say about young Murphy, he's gonnae be a superstar that boy.

First of all got to say Craig Brown got it spot on tonight with the formation and how we played tonight. Thought the back five were solid and special mentions to Craigan and Reynolds. Murphy worked hard all night and got the reward with the goal and Humphrey did really well especially in the first half.

However, thought the midfield were trying too much at times and got caught on the ball an awful lot. Also thought Sutton was quite poor tonight, failing to hold up the ball quite a lot. You can't fault the guy's work rate though.

Was chuffed for Page to at the end and good to see Fitzpatrick getting back into the picture as well. Bring on the playoffs :evilgrin: .

Superb result tonight! The two early goals settled any pre match jitters however until we got that 3rd goal at the end it never felt comfortable at any point.

I thought we were going to cruise it when we were 2 up but credit to the Norwegians they came out in the second half and had a go but just lacked the finishing touch in the final third.

Can't wait for the draw tomorrow Mon the Well!!!!!!

Can only really echo whats been said already.

Craigan was absolutely brilliant at the back, made the 6"8 guy look tiny and never let him get a sniff of the ball. :P

Randolph is looking a great singing, came for every cross and looked comfortable, hopefully he can keep it up.

Jamie Murphy is looking some player, another great performance tonight. Took his goal well and showed great awareness and selflessness to play in Johnny Page for the 3rd goal. Hopefully he can keep adding to his Euro tallly with a few more this year :thumbup:

As mentioned above, fair play to Hutch for coming up to see the guy in the Cooper, he didn't half take a sore one :)

Also, nice to know the Duke's keeping an eye out for the 'Well, bet he was jealous :evilgrin:

Was chuffed for Page to at the end and good to see Fitzpatrick getting back into the picture as well. Bring on the playoffs :notworthy: .

Fitzy was the down side for me, not the fact he was playing, but that stupid yellow card. He totally brought that on himself. Can't blame anyone else for that one.

Well, that went much better than I thought it would I must admit.

Great start and what a goal from Murphy!! I thought the entire back 5 were outstanding and Craigan and Reynolds never gave 2 metre Peter a sniff.

That said, the entire 2nd half I thought we didn't put nearly enough pressure on the ball and Hateley and Humphrey in particular were terrible I thought. We were unable to retain possession for any longer than 2 passes. Our creativity in the final 3rd is non- existant.

Great win though, for if anything, it should make some money available to bring in at least one new player.