Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Odense BK - Would any of the injured players listed above normally make the starting 11?

Traore was in start 11 with Djemba Djemba last match - actually went pretty well..

Henrik Toft could also have been in start 11, but that's less possible.

Think Utaka and Gislason will be in front as the last few matches (actually same start 11 as Jacob Jensen, just without Andreas Johansson behind Utaka, and then instead Gislason on the right).

You're probably right, it says in todays Scottish Herald: -

"it emerged that Peter Utaka, the Nigerian striker who was top scorer in the Danish Superliga last season will be suspended for the return leg of the tie."

Good, he looked a useful propostion for them.

BBC says the entry to the group stages is worth £1.5m. Can't think how long and how many games we'd have to play in the SPL/Scottish Cup to get anywhere near that sort of income. I don't think that included the increased exposure and increased attendances that will follow as a result, the 1.5 million is just the UEFA cash. These 2 games for £1.5m is our Championship play-off final, that is until next season and we qualify for the more lucrative Champions League. :nod:

I'm just hoping that on Thursday just for one time the long list of events that have conspired against us in the past whither it be referees, miss-kicks or woodwork not favouring us is shelved and the planets can align and give us a perfect game.

Here's to everyone clicking on the pitch and and 50-50's going our way.

Mon the Well.

BBC says the entry to the group stages is worth £1.5m. Can't think how long and how many games we'd have to play in the SPL/Scottish Cup to get anywhere near that sort of income. I don't think that included the increased exposure and increased attendances that will follow as a result, the 1.5 million is just the UEFA cash. These 2 games for £1.5m is our Championship play-off final, that is until next season and we qualify for the more lucrative Champions League. :nod:

I'm just hoping that on Thursday just for one time the long list of events that have conspired against us in the past whither it be referees, miss-kicks or woodwork not favouring us is shelved and the planets can align and give us a perfect game.

Here's to everyone clicking on the pitch and and 50-50's going our way.

Mon the Well.

+1

Please just do it Well. Its been a long time since the Cup !!

Is the 1.5mill free and clear profit or do we still have travelling costs, gameday costs etc etc to come out of that?

£1-1.5m is prize money for qualifying for the Group Stages. Once there, you have to add on any TV Revenue we make by UEFA selling the rights I believe. Not to mention we'd have 3 teams that are much bigger than us to play at home.

If you think our annual turnover is around the £4.5m mark, us making the Group Stages, in a financial sense would be like winning the lotto.

For reaching the group stage you get €1,000,000 , which is about £820,000. Any win in the group stage is worth €100,000(£110,000 ot thereabouts). Half that for a draw. Any club also gets a share from the the national TV "market pool" so if we sneaked through and Celtic/Dundee Utd got pumped then I reckon that's another hefty wedge. I can't find figures for this that relate to last year's Europa League-except that it was €60m to be divided between the teams. We'd still have to pay our own flights mind but with that sort of dosh it wouldn't be a problem.

Add in the gate money from 3 ties and we'd be laughing. Just need to win this tie.

I believe so...... :whistling:

How long do you reckon you'd need to turn up at the-pub-that-cannot-be-named tomorrow? I haven't been to it for either of the away legs of this seasons Europa qualifiers but it was heaving at the Steau game. Is it likely to be as bad as that tomorrow?

Based on what's written above and a conservative estimate on our potential performance of 1 home win, 1 draw and one loss and 1 away draw and 2 losses.

Home ties

£820,000 - qualification for group stages

£150,000 - home game 1 (based on 7,000 home support @ £20 + £10,000 hospitality/boxes)

-£15,000 - stewards, police, catering, other overheads

+£20,000 - for every 1,000 fans above 7,000 (for increased home support/away support)

£110,000 - for win

£190,000 - home game 2 (based on 9,000 home support @ £20 + £10,000 hospitality/boxes)

+£20,000 - for every 1,000 fans above 9,000 (for increased home support/away support)

£0 - for loss

170,000 - home game 3 (based on 8,000 home support @ £20 + £10,000 hospitality/boxes)

+£20,000 - for every 1,000 fans above 8,000 (for increased home support/away support)

£55,000 - for draw

Home total = £1,450,000

£55,000 - away draw

-£21,000 - 35 club employees @ £300 return flight + accommodation/sustenance @ £300

£0 - away loss

-£21,000 - 35 club employees @ £300 return flight + accommodation/sustenance @ £300

£0 - away loss

Away total = -£8,000

+ TV revenues from 6 games (don't know based on what Bill suggested if we can negotiate our own deals or if UEFA have the rights and its already defined or if they give us a cut), i.e. if we qualify and get a German team with the market rate at £500,000 is that all ours? If it is the case then we are looking in excess of £2m.

With that we could buy and sell Cardiff bloody City.

Sounds about right there Ladywell.

The TV money is definitely pooled and then distrubuted according to the club's national association, and also league placing the season before. If we can make it through and Celtic and Dundee Utd both lose then I think the TV money alone could be as high as £1.5 to £2million,; this would be alongside the £800,000 just for turning up and any prize money for wins and draws.

It doesn't matter if we play Stuttgart or Qarabag;it's much more beneficial to be the only team from your country to make it through. Not really bothered about Dundee Utd and actively want Celtic to lose.

As for the game, I can't see Brown picking anything other than the team that started against Hibs. Hateley to rightback may be a shout and play Fitzpatrick in a very defensive minded midfield but not so sure about this really. This is assuming we stick with the 4-2-3-1 which again I can't see us tampering with. We've not got many other options(Forbes,Blackman-who looked to have something about him in his cameo on Sunday). Can't say I'm confident of much. Heart says we'll score but the head says a 2-0 defeat awaits.

It has to be a defensive/counter attacking side we put out.I'd like to think that with cb's experience he'd get the set up right but just don't fuck it up and be out after the 1st leg like celtic and hibs were.Any narrow defeat or better will do, i'd go for 2-1 odense.

If we don’t make any silly defensive mistakes early on, I fancy us to either draw or escape with a narrow 1-0 defeat. Although I think we have good enough players to get at least one goal on the night and would gladly settle for 1-1. With Casagolda scoring his first goal for the club! :whistling:

If we don't make any silly defensive mistakes early on, I fancy us to either draw or escape with a narrow 1-0 defeat. Although I think we have good enough players to get at least one goal on the night and would gladly settle for 1-1. With Casagolda scoring his first goal for the club! :whistling:

Don't think he's in the European squad, and played a bounce game against Albion rovers tonight...?