Odense Vs. Motherwell

LadywellToi

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just read a Craig Brown interview with the Scotsman from the weekend. He seems to think that while we are underdogs, we are in with a shout.

Has anyone watched much of Odense in recent weeks? I gather in terms of quality we are talking about a team that would maybe get in between the OF on the odd occassion if they were playing in the SPL.

Just hope we go there well organised, don't gift them any daft goals and run our hearts out. Without knowing much about the opposition, I'd probably go with the same team as the Hibs game but with a slightly different formation.

...................Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

.Hateley Lasley Jennings Humphrey

.....................Sutton

.....................Murphy

Think we could benefit from having Sutton playing close to the midfield while offering to link up the play with Murphy. 'Mon the fucking 'Well.

Please come home with the game still tight. Scandinavian teams tend to be pretty strong at home but I'd be gutted if we had little to play for a week on Thursday. It's only Monday, I canny go to Denmark, yet I've been able to think about nothing else today.

All the best to those travelling.

All these doom and gloomers - call yourself fans? This is Motherwell we are talking about. I expect nothing less than a spirited 2-1 victory.

To be followed by a 3 - 1 defeat at Fir Park after scoring the first goal and then conceding a hat trick (fastest in Europa Cup history) with 3 minutes remaining to a guy who hasn't hit the target in 5 years. :thumbup:

I think we are going to get completely pumped in this game and sadly it will all be over by 70 minutes, and I mean the tie.

This mob know what they are doing are vastly experienced and I just have a horrible feeling that it will men against boys, which it will be!!

Sorry but 4-0 Odense for me.

That being the case then hopefully a little complacency may set in which we may be able to take advantage of.

In keeping with our previous European opponents I really don't know what level Odense are at and how far ahead of us they may be.

I do know that as far as we're concerned though we do have one of the most experienced and streetwise managerial duos about who will be versed about what they are all about and will hopefully have a game plan to deal with them. We also have a team that have proven themselves capable of nicking a vital away goal.

Nervous, excited and a little apprehensive without doubt, but I'm not for writing us off just yet.

Hate to be negative here as I am really looking forward to the trip but can see us getting beat. 3-1 to Odense with big Sutts getting our goal. We could only manage 1 goal in each of the last two away ties against lesser opposition (admittedly we are fitter now) so I would be amazed if we score two or more. 3 - 1 at least keeps us in it. Anymore than a two goal defecit and like Celtic and Hibs we will be out. The game at Fir Park should be the more interesting tie of the two.

Don't be so down guys...The Danish top league has one team and one team only and thats FC Kobenhaven. And I dont think they will progress much further in the champs league

The rest are also rans, there is no regular competition for the run of the mill games. Brondby are no shakers, Celtic took their big striker Rassmussen last season, remember him....eh no!

Randers got in to europe via the back door, same as us last season and got humped in the last round.

So these guys are no way the same level as Nancy or Stau B...we have a good chance to progress from this game, we will score :lol::doh::thumbup:

Odense shipped 3 goals at home to a no hoper team last round and failed to score away. Our form is far better than theirs in this competion

lets keep it real and keep the posts positive...Mon the super Well :thumbup:

Couldn't get the hols off work, had to watch it - Welsh commentary and all - in a bar in Thurso.

Saw a goal in Utrecht, but that don't count ----- was a friendly and an OG.

I'm sure I remember speaking to you in Hartlepool many moons ago. Englandshire's in Europe, even if it was a friendly. Hoodoo burst I'd say! :nod: