Sunday 15th August V Hibernian

Tartan Copper

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be lining up in more of a 4-3-3 come 4-5-1 so far this season, and unless we sign anyone before Sunday I anticipate the same tactical formation.

My team would be:

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Lasley

Jennings

Hateley

Humphrey

Murphy

Sutton

We should be hard to beat, and if we can keep a tight rein on Stokes, Nish and Riordan then we can win it. I'll say 2-1 for us with Murphy and Sutton on target.

Has Hateley played left mid before?

To be fair i think Hateley has played most midfield positions, his best position is centre midfield, but the likes of Jennoe would be near on impossible to budge. If we have to find a position that suits him and is tactically sound i would stick to right/back or leave him on the bench and play FORBES, just to see how it goes, Brown used a 3 up front scenario Thurs and i personally thought it worked really well.

Or a twist to the theory would be play HATELEY in the centre with JENNINGS and drop Lasley to the bench, giving LASLEY something to think about as automatic selection seems to be guaranteed for him week in week out, the competition for his position can only benefit the team in the long run. :rolleyes:

Or a twist to the theory would be play HATELEY in the centre with JENNINGS and drop Lasley to the bench, giving LASLEY something to think about as autmatic selection seems to be guaranteed for him week in week out, the competition for his position can only benefit the team in the long run. :rolleyes:

good idea, i'd perhaps take it a step further and suggest brown drops the entire first team squad and pulls 18 bodies out of daniels at half 11 on sunday morning to make up the squad. that'll really give the players something to think about.

I'd change the team slightly from the one that beat the Norwegians.

................Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

...........Hateley Jennings

......Humphrey Forbes Sutton

..................Murphy

Every so often Hibs come to FP and blow us away. Got a feeling that Sunday will be one of they days. However, if we can win the midfield battle, the Hibs defence is there for the taking.

After all the post-match hype that surrounded the 6-6, only a fool would bet against Sunday's game finishing 0-0.

You know it makes sense...

Indeed. Did we not have a similar situation after the 5-4 game against Killie? The cameras turned up at the next Killie game and it was a bit of a damp squib.

Will prove to be a very tough game for us thats for sure but my boss is a hibee and he says it wouldn't be hard to get a result off that twat Yogi's Hibs. Really starting to turn on him down Leith way.

Anyway, think we'll score just the 1 on Saturday but our defence will be solid enough to keep the likes of Stokes and Riordan out of our way. Big Sutty to pop up with a header from a set piece.

It's finally back! Roll on Sunday! Mon the Well!