Well Said Bill Leckie

Welldel

As you say absolutely spot on. Why can we never get referee's who are at least competent at their job. We should've had a penalty just before Hibs score, and in my eyes the only reason he gave the next penalty, was to try and make up for his initial mistake. Yet again a total arse of a referee.

He was at the forefront of the media outrage at our so called 'racist chanting' the other season, against possibly Gomis and Buaben of Dundee Utd, I cant remember, when there was a massive discussion on here as to not one single person heard anything on that day. I actually took the liberty of writing to him to express my disgust at his mis-information, which Ive never ever done in my life before and haven't since, and got a very very arsey reply.

Bawbag as far as I'm concerned.

His anti-Old Firm stance give him plus points from me, and the match report was very accurate. I do like reading his work, although I don't agree with everything he writes. Mind you, that applies to many posters on these 'ere forums!!

Agree with what's been said about Bill Leckie. Really enjoy reading his colums, especially his views on the national team and his Tuesday "non-football" column. His World Cup diary also made for great reading. He is professional, honest and passionate and puts the rest of the Scottish football media to shame. Actually met him a few years back at a sports dinner and he was a very dcent bloke as well.

Thought his report on yesterdays game was very well written.

Bill Leckie is a fucking prick and just because he's pointed out a couple of glaringly obvious poor refereeing decisions doesn't suddenly turn him into the last bastion of objective journalism.

And just because the ref was shit doesn't mean we didn't deserve to get humped. Randolph was by far the busier keeper over the piece, and if that "handball" by Bamba had been given against us we'd all be fucking raging. Albeit we had the better of the first half, but there were points in the second that things could have got embarrassing and trying to shift the blame onto the referee is completely avoiding the point.

If Brown wants to start an "everyone's against us" mentality at Fir Park that's fine by me, but let's not suck the cock of every piss artist with a copy of Microsoft Word just because he happens to agree with our point of view for once.

Bill Leckie is a fucking prick and just because he's pointed out a couple of glaringly obvious poor refereeing decisions doesn't suddenly turn him into the last bastion of objective journalism.

And just because the ref was shit doesn't mean we didn't deserve to get humped. Randolph was by far the busier keeper over the piece, and if that "handball" by Bamba had been given against us we'd all be fucking raging. Albeit we had the better of the first half, but there were points in the second that things could have got embarrassing and trying to shift the blame onto the referee is completely avoiding the point.

If Brown wants to start an "everyone's against us" mentality at Fir Park that's fine by me, but let's not suck the cock of every piss artist with a copy of Microsoft Word just because he happens to agree with our point of view for once.

First of all take a couple of prozac!

Secondly on your very last point , did anyone say that? I certainly didn't and I don't think anyone else did either! :nod:

Come on, that report is completely one sided and glosses over the fact we could quite easily have been on the end of a serious humping. All it does is feed an unrealistic, OF-esque "we would have won it but for the ref" mentality. We would have won it but for comedy defending, weak shots hit straight at the keeper, and an inability to take excellent chances more like.

It wouldn't look at all out of place on the old motherwellfc.org site.

Come on, that report is completely one sided and glosses over the fact we could quite easily have been on the end of a serious humping. All it does is feed an unrealistic, OF-esque "we would have won it but for the ref" mentality. We would have won it but for comedy defending, weak shots hit straight at the keeper, and an inability to take excellent chances more like.

I took exception to your last point though! I like Bill Leckie and have always liked him. That doesn't mean agree with everything he says though, however even when I do disagree with him I can still acknowledge that some of the points he makes are fair (the majority of the time).

I agree with you about the defending but do you not agree that it was a travesty we went in at half time level? We totally dominated the first half but I accept if you don't make the most of it then you only have yourself to blame!

Here you!! I hope you're no' tryin' to slag Rickoza's 'truthful' match reports??!!!!

Here you!! I hope you're no' tryin' to slag Rickoza's 'truthful' match reports??!!!!

My reports were always completely and utterly impartial.....from a Motherwell point of view...... :nod:

I never said I liked the guy, only that I felt his report on the match was in my opinion spot on.

Nobody is trying to shift any blame, we were poor at times especially in the second half. However the referee missed constant fouling by Bamba and then booked him for kicking the ball away. He also missed a foul on Randolph and a handball for their second goal, a barge on Sutton in the box and the blatant hand ball from Bamba.

I can only assume that your last paragraph says more about you than you would have intended :notworthy: