St Johnstone (a) 9/11

steelboy

Had to laugh when the silent well fans made the biggest noise of the game shouting "at the wee neds" when the smoke blocked their view for a few minutes. :)

oh yes because it is absolutely hilarious that people were there to watch the game :lol::O

as has been said our goalie's vision could have been affected so it was completely idiotic. can someone inform me how letting off smoke bombs "creates an atmosphere?"

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes because it is absolutely hilarious that people were there to watch the game :):lol:

as has been said our goalie's vision could have been affected so it was completely idiotic. can someone inform me how letting off smoke bombs "creates an atmosphere?"

Wouldn't necesarily agree with the "goalie's vision" bit but do agree with how does it manage to create an atmosphere?

Too many moaning c**** on this! Smoke bombs create an atmosphere by lifting the tention in the section and living's things up, and every smoke bomb I have seen ignited in a ground as been very sucessful and made a massive diffrence in the atmosphere, apart from " mc kinnons" pathetic attempt to lit off that smoke bomb (stink bomb) at hamilton! As a boy sayed earlier and fairplay to him, if you want a peaceful and well behaved atmosphere go to church! Also find it hilarious that people were calling people in that section "wee neds" as that is the same crowd that go week in week out and make a massive diffrence to the atmosphere! All of us go to games to support motherwell, aka back them up, support the players and create as much atmosphere and colour, not to fukin moan, and greet about a smoke bomb beeing lit off as it blocked your view for a minute or too! All yous moaning b******* make scottish stadiums worse than it actual is which seems impossible! Get behind your team, misrable horrible c****! Viva Motherwell! 1oaalf.jpg

That's one miserable home attendance that. The "main stand" looks completely empty. Smoke bombs are one thing, the cost of getting into a game is the real reason for the low, low crowds.

Too many moaning c**** on this! Smoke bombs create an atmosphere by lifting the tention in the section and living's things up, and every smoke bomb I have seen ignited in a ground as been very sucessful and made a massive diffrence in the atmosphere, apart from " mc kinnons" pathetic attempt to lit off that smoke bomb (stink bomb) at hamilton! As a boy sayed earlier and fairplay to him, if you want a peaceful and well behaved atmosphere go to church! Also find it hilarious that people were calling people in that section "wee neds" as that is the same crowd that go week in week out and make a massive diffrence to the atmosphere! All of us go to games to support motherwell, aka back them up, support the players and create as much atmosphere and colour, not to fukin moan, and greet about a smoke bomb beeing lit off as it blocked your view for a minute or too! All yous moaning b******* make scottish stadiums worse than it actual is which seems impossible! Get behind your team, misrable horrible c****! Viva Motherwell! 1oaalf.jpg

Im guessing that the smoke bome was down at the front ???

Looking at the picture thats posted it sure as hell dont look like its created any sort of atmosphere apart from a wee group of young lads all chuffed with themself and will no doubt be telling there school pals on Monday how great it was .

I dont mind anyone trying to create a better atmosphere at fir park or away from home in fact batter in as it can only be a good thing for the team but smoke bombs no thanks as others have posted as well about them possibly being an issue with folk with ashma etc etc and im sure most of them as you said about your wee group go week in week out to support Motherwell.

Sing till yer hearts are contented lads and fly your flags but leave the smoke bombs for guy fawkes night .

JT.

Too many moaning c**** on this! Smoke bombs create an atmosphere by lifting the tention in the section and living's things up, and every smoke bomb I have seen ignited in a ground as been very sucessful and made a massive diffrence in the atmosphere, apart from " mc kinnons" pathetic attempt to lit off that smoke bomb (stink bomb) at hamilton! As a boy sayed earlier and fairplay to him, if you want a peaceful and well behaved atmosphere go to church! Also find it hilarious that people were calling people in that section "wee neds" as that is the same crowd that go week in week out and make a massive diffrence to the atmosphere! All of us go to games to support motherwell, aka back them up, support the players and create as much atmosphere and colour, not to fukin moan, and greet about a smoke bomb beeing lit off as it blocked your view for a minute or too! All yous moaning b******* make scottish stadiums worse than it actual is which seems impossible! Get behind your team, misrable horrible c****! Viva Motherwell!

What a complete load of shite, so letting off some smoke, making it hard to see whats going on for a few minutes,attracting the attention of the polis/stewards + the possibility of triggering attacks from asthma sufferers is making a massive difference in atmosphere? Not to mention the possibility of sanctions against the club if its seen as us being unable to control our fans. What planet are you on you fucking clown?

And calling guys who rightly cant be arsed with that shite moaning bastards + miserable horrible c***s? sort yourself out wee boy. Fuckin sick of this "Im a better fan than you" pish. If some people wana watch the game in silence thats their choice,if they wana complain when a professional footballer cant complete the simplest of tasks thats their perogative as well, myself? any games I get to Il sing + shout encouragement but I know thats not all peoples cup of tea.

At the end of the day were FANS who SUPPORT Motherwell FC, how in the fuck is letting off a smoke bomb support? you want atmosphere + colour? wear your shirts/scarves etc + sing! THATS creating an atmosphere,not letting off a fucking smoke bomb

it was superb to get another clean sheet on saturday, for all the stick the defence has taken at certain times over the past month they've had a very solid start to the season.

so far we've played 10 games, conceded 8 goals and kept 5 clean sheets.

what's really impressive is we've only lost two goals from open play, with four coming from crossed set pieces and two from penalties.

let's hope we keep it up.

All of us go to games to support motherwell, aka back them up, support the players and create as much atmosphere and colour, not to fukin moan, and greet about a smoke bomb beeing lit off as it blocked your view for a minute or too!

I cant actually remember hearing any motherwell songs on saturday. Maybe if you did sing some motherwell songs people would join in. The songs that are sung are completely cringeworthy. Yes, the one about randolph was funny the first time but now its sung all the time and getting a bit old, same about the bob mchugh one and also the marky reynolds one. I was thinking all the wee boys had learned a new word and had to sing about it in every song. That isnt supporting the players. Im not sure Jamie Murphy up front will hear any of the songs and think "oh i better try a bit harder because they are singing about our goalie and a Saturday"!!! etc etc

I agree with the guy that said he is sick of all the "im a better fan than". Well, i afraid that just because you sing does not mean you are a better fan than people who do not sing.

Very comfortable win when all is said and done. V Good performance in the 1st half - pretty pedestrian in the second which was a shame as the boys were shooting our way. As comfortable a win at Perth for a long time.

My MOM would got to Hammell who did not put a foot wrong all match. He did everything spot on and was rock solid. Great to see.

As for the smoke bombs. OK I understand the comments re the asthma etc, but were it not for the 'wee neds' there would have been little atmosphere there today. We were all young once - albeit a while ago. If you want perfect behaviour and a quiet atmosphere - go to church. I say keep it up - then again I am not getting lifted week after week :)

Exactly. Wasnt there on Saturday, couldnt be arsed sitting on a bus for that length of time :) . But bloody hell, the boys are trying to give a bit of backing to the team and actually let the players know that the 'well fans care and that we aren't all miserable auld c***s. OK the smoke bombs maybe arent to everybodys taste, but fcuking hell it must have been lit and away withing about a minute. I say more power to these 'wee neds', as they have been unfairly called, as they are trying to make a wee day out that bit more enjoyable.

Nobody has even said anything about being a better well fan or worse motherwell fan. It's easy to see were he is coming from. For too long people have came on here moaning abut shite crowds, shite atmosphere and not getting value for money and what not. If you aren't willing to do anything about it, I.e sing, create a bit of atmosphere and liven the 90 minutes up, then don't come on here and moan. Least with the songs, smoke bombs, fares etc its something different, something new. If its not for u then fine, but don't sit there and huff and puff and tut, then come home and give yersel finger cramp on here.

Just watched the highlights, great goal by Blackman and wee Murphy it looking really good again. Still think we were lucky to leave with all 3 points, St. Johnstone played well and had plenty chances, Randolph saving a shot with his heid and should that have been a penalty by Craggs foul?

Least with the songs, smoke bombs, fares etc its something different, something new. If its not for u then fine, but don't sit there and huff and puff and tut, then come home and give yersel finger cramp on here.

At the end of the day it's against the law to take smoke bombs or flares into Scottish football grounds, so anyone doing so is just asking for trouble either for themselves and/or the club. Unless and until that changes, whether or not it helps to "create a bit of atmosphere" shouldn't even be up for debate.

oh yes because it is absolutely hilarious that people were there to watch the game :O:O

dry your fuckin eyes man seriosly

Couldn't make this away game due to a wedding, but the comments and reports in the moron's papers seem to say that we dominated the game and St J were terrible. Kind of contradicts what Broonie said on radio Scotland and what some on here who were at the game have reported.

TBH though, I shouldn't be surprised at this, sometimes I think the journos aren't even listening to the game on a radio never mind being anywhere near to watchingn it :O