Well V Ddee Utd (x2)

Welldaft Mk1

I find the notion that you can be bored with Europe because we'll never again see a better chance of making the group stages a strange one also.

I just hope none of the players and management feel the same way!!

Far from being disinterested I am desperate for us to get the opportunity to somehow try to avenge the feelings of that night at Fir Park against Odense.

That ones filed away in that the horrible guilt ridden, little section of the mind along with 4-1 losses to Raith Rovers as Cup Holders, 7-0's and 7-1's to Celtic, 3-0's to Partick Thistles and any defeat to Airdrie's where the memories are only allowed to pop out occasionally to fuel the fire to have them redressed and avenged.

The sooner we get the opportunity to get back in there, lessen the pain and push it further into the recesses of the memory the better for me.

That said I'm not particularly fussy about how we get there either. Cup win, league position, Fair Play league, Ice age rendering Norway uninhabitable and Scotland getting an extra place - I'll take it if sees Motherwell on the European stage again.

So a Cup win and a glorious day at Hampden wouldn't go amiss either and if it was the Scottish Cup, it would ofcourse kill two birds with one stone and hopefully everybody would get what they want. Easy peasy, when you type it quick :D

As for today 2-1 MFC, Sutton and A.N.Other.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree...

Better get yer tin hat oan then... :D

For what it's worth the OP asked if you could choose which of the Utd double header you would prefer, I gave my choice and the reasons for it. If you could offer me the chance of a league cup win and watching the players celebrate on a Hampden Park with 16,000 'well fans in it OR a game in the summer holidays against a team you have to google when we draw them to find out which country they are from I would opt for the former.

And those frothing at the mouth at my honesty here are kidding themselves on if they think otherwise.

:)

Choosing us winning a cup final or playing in the Europa League after finishing third has nothing to being "bored of Europe" though, has it?

Of course we'd all choose to see us lift the Scottish Cup. However, we've done it once in FIFTY years. It's not exactly a probability that we'll win a cup this year, but we DO have a good chance to finish third in the league.

Are you honestly saying you would be indifferent if, at the end of the season, we finish third but went out in the quarter finals of both domestic cups?

People are entilted to their opinion, I've no problem with that or whatever their opinion is.

However the thought that because we're extremely unlikely to qualify for Europa group stages then that is making some fans 'bored', I just can't get to grips with, in fact I'd go as far to say I'm completely baffled by it.

If that's the case, we're never going to win the SPL any time soon either, so we might as well stop playing in that too, pack up and forget about it all because at the end of the day it's that European spot we're chasing from every August onwards.

1431: TEAM NEWS FROM FIR PARK:

Motherwell: Randolph, Hateley, Craigan, Jennings, Murphy, Gow, Blackman, Lasley, Saunders, Sutton, McHugh. Subs: Forbes, Page, Reynolds, Hammell, Humphrey.

Dundee Utd: Pernis, Dillon, Kenneth, Severin, Dixon, Buaben, Gomis, Conway, Goodwillie, Daly, Scott Robertson. Subs: Cadamarteri, Douglas, Shala, Watson, Russell.

Not quite sure how we are going to line up?

Thought that myself. According to mfc twitter, its actually:

Randolph, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Hateley, Humphrey, Jennings, Murphy, Lasley, Blackman, Gow.

Subs:

Bradley, Saunders, Sutton, McHugh, Fitzpatrick, Forbes, Page

whos Bradley ?

*Edit: I found out who Tom Bradley is :D

1514: A slick Motherwell passing move sees them slice through United and Alan Gow's shot is beaten away by Dusan Pernis. Craig Brown's men are swarming all over the visitors.

1513: Good work by Nick Blackman on the left sees Motherwell threaten to double their lead, but Paul Dixon clears his wicked low centre. Jamie Murphy's flashing drive is then repelled by a desperate Dundee United defence. Great stuff from the Steelmen, who are really turning the screw here.

Come on Motherwell, let's give ourselves a cushion...