Well V Accies

Kmcalpin

I pray for the day we hunt that imposter Hateley the Sooner the better, an absolutely diabolical excuse for a footballer, turns up for two minutes a game to take free kicks and penalties and is shite at them too. Total waste of space the sooner we get las back and get page at right back the better

Graig Brown keeps playing him though Neil and I think he has about two and a half years to go on his contact so someone likes him ,he does very little during most games in my opinion though to justify his place in the team.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we blame the midfield when the defece play balls that would clear Tinto and don't stay in the park?

The roots of yesterdays defeat lie at the door of more 'senior' figures in the playing and managerial staff.

In typical fashion we're blaming the easy targets and avoiding the big fucking elephant in the living room!

All I heard yesterday was that Forbes and Gow should get to fuck and that Hately was pish.

If that's the bottom line yesterday and that was the reason we were beaten then I'll eat ma bunnet.

We've had this discussion before - folk screaming at Forbes to be a winger or come wide. If it's not his game or more importantly, not where he's been asked to play then he isn't gonna play there. He plays where Brown tells him, not where you or I do while we're taking a hissy fit

How can we blame the midfield when the defece play balls that would clear Tinto and don't stay in the park?

The roots of yesterdays defeat lie at the door of more 'senior' figures in the playing and managerial staff.

In typical fashion we're blaming the easy targets and avoiding the big fucking elephant in the living room!

All I heard yesterday was that Forbes and Gow should get to fuck and that Hately was pish.

If that's the bottom line yesterday and that was the reason we were beaten then I'll eat ma bunnet.

We've had this discussion before - folk screaming at Forbes to be a winger or come wide. If it's not his game or more importantly, not where he's been asked to play then he isn't gonna play there. He plays where Brown tells him, not where you or I do while we're taking a hissy fit

+1 Good post .

A lot of things were wrong yesterday not least of all that impostor of a referee, but for the life of me I can't understand why we have to wait so long to change things.

I'm not yearning for the weird half time subs of the Jim Gannon era but ffs boss why wait till 70-75 minutes when the performance has been a train wreck from the get go ?

This has been coming for some time.

Our away form is excellent and we'll continue our form away from FP no trouble. Even though they're doing well I still fancy us to take something from the Teuchters.

At home we've been inviting trouble onto ourselves from the start of the season.

A humping from a decent side or like yesterday a defeat from a pub team were quite frankly on the cards.

We need to freshen it up a wee bit.

Continue to give Forbes game time (in the right position). Rest some of the current 'cemented in XI'. and give McHugh, Page, Hutch and Fitzy some game time.

For instance, for me (and I know a lot of you don't agree) if you're looking to fill in for Las - the best option for us is Fitz. He's more capable of that role than any of the other options. Even Forbes in centre mid to be available to get the ball and pass the ball.

Looking for a mobile front man to run at defences replacing Murph? - you aint gonna find it in Forbes or Sutton. Thats gonna be McHugh or even Fitz at a push.

Looking for a centre forward to pump high balls to? Alan Gow ain't yer man. How about Sutton in there?

If Saunders or Craigan are having a mare. Then I'm pretty sure the tracksuits given to Hutch and Page are removable.

Airfinz made a point about Broon a few months back about his Scotland track record for playing players in the wrong position and the concept of the permanently inked starting Xi regardless of form and he was flamed

He was spot on.

I agree that Fitzy should have replaced Hateley or Forbes LONG before the end of the match, Sutton should have been up front and McHugh should have been brought on earliet but don't tend to agree that the back four had a 'mare and Saunders or Craigan should have been replaced by Hutchinson and Page.

In the cold light of day it was one match in a week that saw us beat Dun Utd twice. Let us see what team and how we react next Saturday.

I still say Hateley needs to be a sub for a while when Jennings and Lasley are fit but at this point I'd keep the back four as is.

A lot of things were wrong yesterday not least of all that impostor of a referee, but for the life of me I can't understand why we have to wait so long to change things.

I'm not yearning for the weird half time subs of the Jim Gannon era but ffs boss why wait till 70-75 minutes when the performance has been a train wreck from the get go ?

...and when the changes did come they were the wrong ones. Going to put this one down to a bad day at the office but I think we are flattering to deceive at the moment and our 3rd place is thanks to the others tripping over themselves. The good and the bad as I see it are:

Good

- The 4 forward thinking players have really impressed (Humphrey, Blackman, Gow, Murphy) and flat out will cause teams real problems this year

- Lasley and Jennings in midfield, strong as any in the SPL.

Bad (or at least not so good)

- Hately as a midfield player (as others have mentioned)

- the distribution from the back. This has been a long standing problem that Gannon tried to fix and it contributed to him losing his job.

- the lack of depth in the squad (don't blame anyone for this as it is purely financial)

- the inconsistency of performance during a 90 mins. i.e great starts that fade away.

One last thing, surely Motherwell must be the worst team in the SPL for giving struggling teams a life line. How many times have we seen teams on really poor runs come to Fir Park and end their drought. This season alone Hibs and Hamilton have got victories at Fir Park, two teams that can't buy a victory. Another example would be gifting Josh Thompson 2 goals at Parkhead last season when Celtic were having one of the worst runs in their history and this boy was having a personal nightmare. Over the years the list is endless of similar stories. Maybe othe r clubs could tell of similar woes but the Well seem to be expert at it.

Stephen Craigan was just on talksport there. Said after beating Dun Utd twice this week the team may have "gotten ahead of themselves yesterday".

Imo a ridiculous mentality to have and may say more about the defeat than anything. Overlooking or underestimating your 'derby rivals'. Utter, utter, madness.

As others have stated we came down to their level - again. We needed a change earlier and it looked like we were making one on 59mins with a sub stripped and being given instructions only for him to dissapear. Blackman, Humphrey and Jennings get marks for effort.

Playing Accies has, for me, never had the edge of a Derby game. For them it may be different as we are the big boys of Lanarkshire, but they are and have always been, mickey-mouse IMHO.

What they bring to FP today ? 300 at a push ! They are a 2nd Div outfit having a wee run in the SPL.

As long as we keep thinking like that, then we'll always struggle against them.

As the old saying goes....form/ability/league position/budgets all go out the window when it comes to a derby match....so if only one side is treating it as such then the one that doesnt will lose more points than they win.

We NEED to start treating this fixture like a full on derby, otherwise they will ALWAYS be putting more into it than we are.

Also, the 3/4 players fighting over dead balls every time is made even more embarrassing by the fact that it doesn't actually matter who hits it. Theres probably a good few people sitting in the crowd that could hit a better free kick than all of them.

I agree that Fitzy should have replaced Hateley or Forbes LONG before the end of the match, Sutton should have been up front and McHugh should have been brought on earliet but don't tend to agree that the back four had a 'mare and Saunders or Craigan should have been replaced by Hutchinson and Page.

In the cold light of day it was one match in a week that saw us beat Dun Utd twice. Let us see what team and how we react next Saturday.

I still say Hateley needs to be a sub for a while when Jennings and Lasley are fit but at this point I'd keep the back four as is.

If a fit Hutchison isn't worthy of a place in that defence then I'm dumbfounded. The worst central defender on the park yesterday, in a match between an SPL side and a pub team, was wearing claret and amber.

I'm looking forward to the day that he pairs up with Saunders as our first choice central defensive pairing. I'm hoping we can get the breathing space to do that soon. (I know a lot of you worry about relegation and the like) :lol:

Thompson is a shite bag of a ref, hence calling off the serbia italy game after ten minutes.

Ross Forbes is the creative centre mid loads of people wanted on here, but even Riquelme would get stick off our fans if he lost the ball pinging a speculative ball in the final third. The boys problem to most folk on here is that he is a footballer and not a grafter.

If a fit Hutchison isn't worthy of a place in that defence then I'm dumbfounded. The worst central defender on the park yesterday, in a match between an SPL side and a pub team, was wearing claret and amber.

I'm looking forward to the day that he pairs up with Saunders as our first choice central defensive pairing. I'm hoping we can get the breathing space to do that soon. (I know a lot of you worry about relegation and the like) :lol:

That's not going to happen any time soon I'm afraid. Brown seems to be a big fan of our club captain and there are people on here who are personally offended if you criticise the big guy. It is going to be Craigan + 1 for a long time to come.

Reynolds will maybe get a move in January and it is the best thing for him. I have accepted that I am out of touch with what makes a good defender and have to trust the better judgement of Brown and Knox who are seeing the players in training and are the profesionals but I prefered Gannon's idea of a good defender to Brown's.

I'm looking forward to the day that he pairs up with Saunders as our first choice central defensive pairing. I'm hoping we can get the breathing space to do that soon. (I know a lot of you worry about relegation and the like) ;)

I have some reservations about that, Saunders is still well away from being ready for that. His decison making is poor there were so many times yesterday when he just hit the ball the way he was facing when had he looked up would have seen the defence splitting pass we needed.

IMO Craigans decisions were borne out of frustration, as were many others decisions.

Craig needs to take things by the scruff of the neck tomorrow morning and also shoulder some of the blame.

This season when we've played decent sides, we've capitalised on a counter attacking style of play. That's because they do have a degree of class and push us back or have home advantage, however with the pace and ability of our forward line we've capitalised.

Games against the turge at the foot of the table (St. Mirren/Accies) have been woeful because when we are playing a worse team they sit in, however we are unable and inept when it comes to breaking them down, we're devoid of ideas. It's also why our away form is better, because the home team generally come at us.

Yesterday's game was set up for Sutton up front against their gorillas with Gow sitting behind him and Blackman. If Craigan insists on missing out the midfield then ditch Forbes, stick Fitzpatrick on the left wing.

When it comes to a free-kick, then have who is taking it from certain zones already worked out, it was embarrassing to watch professional footballers bicker and stand over the ball like peacocks. That is definitely something that should be worked out on the training pitch well in advance. Oh ... and don't get me started on the Keystone Cops display that is a Motherwell shy.

Subs - it looked to me as if they was going to be a change on 65 mins, however it was another 10-15 minutes before it happened. Something needed to happen tactically and maybe it did, I just didn't notice it with my limited football knowledge. Humphrey has been used on both wings earlier this season, why not something like that to mix it up and mess up their gameplan.

Ref was woeful and allowed Accies to drag it down to base levels. It would have been a ideal time for Craigan to have a word and remind him of his position and duty to the spectacle. Our players were too honest yesterday and as much as it pains me to write this, sometimes it pays to be as cynical as the other team to get ahead. Blackman could have earned another few yellow cards or a red for their defence if he mimicked Malony or Goodwillie yesterday. Not in the spirit of the game, but Accies have made it clear that entertainment and playing the "beautiful game" is not on their agenda.

Long and short, for the last while, we've played and won ugly, there have been glimmers here and there but lets face it we've rode our luck on a couple of occasions and weren't punished. Since Hearts away I don't think we've performed to the same level. yeah we had our moments at Ibrox and in the SPL against Dundee Utd, however lets not forget the flattering 3-1 against St. Mirren, the dire that is the Hamilton and Aberdeen games.

I also hate Billy Reid - everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

I'm looking forward to the day that he pairs up with Saunders as our first choice central defensive pairing. I'm hoping we can get the breathing space to do that soon. (I know a lot of you worry about relegation and the like) ;)

One game though in which after it we were and still are at time of writing 3rd in the SPL and in a League Cup Semi Final. Not a great deal wrong with the defence is there?

I also hate Billy Reid - everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

Billy Reid was complaining everytime yesterday when the ball went out of play behind our goals and a different ball came back into play. Was hampering his time-wasting tactics. Guy's a fanny.

I'm not actually that disheartened by yesterday, we'v been playing really well recently but with a team like Motherwell you have to accept that it cant click every single week and we will lose a few games in that manner this season. Nick Blackman is fast becoming a complete favourite of mine too, the commitment he shows is absolutely brilliant, chases every ball and was always trying to get the game restarted quickly and get on the attack. My only criticism would be that he is a bit ball greedy at times, needs to learn when to release the ball.

Yesterday's game was set up for Sutton up front against their gorillas with Gow sitting behind him and Blackman. If Craigan insists on missing out the midfield then ditch Forbes, stick Fitzpatrick on the left wing.

Spot on. John Sutton lacks mobility but if you're pressurising the opposition in their own box, slinging over crosses and corners to a big defence then he's your man. Yet again I'll say that Alan Gow will never be a centre forward so why play him there? I don't get the Bob McHugh thing though. He might come good but we've no evidence either way about that.

Al B is also spot on. I've seen many derbies against Hamilton just like yesterdays - stretching right back to the 60s. They're up for it and we're not and consquently get caught cold. Stephen Craigan's comments on Frday evening were a bit alarming in the respect.