Well V Accies

Kmcalpin

Just watched the brief highlights on BBC,how the liensman does not see Imrie's goal line hand ball clearance is beyond me ;) (Thomson appears to be unsisghted due to a couple of Accies players,saying that doubt he would have gave us it anyway he seemed to miss everything else time wasting etc etc!)

Also stone wall penalty and a pish penalty by Hately !

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.B. deserves credit where its due and is deserving of plaudits since his return to F.P.

But yesterday his old failing of sticking by players to play out of position has came back and bit him in the arse.

Come on Craig - Sutton isn't a midfielder - Gow isn't a target man - Forbes hasn't got the typical midfielders engine.

Lets get back to basics in these situations and set up to play to our strenghts.

These positional changes might not have made any difference on the day, but, it would have removed the doubt of what might have been and been placed purely as a bad day at the office.

Lets kick on and learn from our mistakes.

Wasn't at the game on Saturday but this type of result has always been coming. Indeed, i couldn't quite understand the pre-match confidence on here as we were far from impressive against Dundee Utd during the week.

Brown has got us set up well and we are working our socks off but I've been saying since pre-season, we lack quality in midfield. Last season we got away with it because Jutkiewicz was sublime holding the ball upfront, this season we have partially got away with it due to the outlets offered by the pace and directness of Humphrey and Murphy.

We will do fine this season given the lack of quality throughout the league but results like Saturday will be part and parcel of the season. I just hope we can raise our game against Rangers/Celtic to make it a half decent season.

Brown has got us set up well and we are working our socks off but I've been saying since pre-season, we lack quality in midfield. Last season we got away with it because Jutkiewicz was sublime holding the ball upfront, this season we have partially got away with it due to the outlets offered by the pace and directness of Humphrey and Murphy.

Creative quality in the centre of midfield is a problem and I think Saturday showed the problems we face when one of Humphrey and Murphy are missing because the Accies could quite easily double up on one of them. If they had to do it on both of them even an uncreative centre pairing could have driven a bus through them. Blackman isn't bad at holding the ball up but Gow doesn't get close enough to utilise it. Forbes had an OK game on Saturday but he isn't going to keep getting to the by line and causing the merry hell for defences that Murphy can. If Murphy aint back on Saturday I'd be inclined to give Fitzpatrick a shot.

Nah they should be up to speed regardless :)

Get yer coat.

Overall a shite game and a shite performace. Distribution form the back was awful and our midfileders were totally anonymous.

Accies were playing the game out after 20 minutes and stuck everyone behind the ball it was a dreadful advert for the SPL.

Pass marks to Blackman and Humphrey who were both excellent.

Never mind the Bad referee and Hatley's shit penalty we got the tactics wrong from the start, Why was Forbes on the pitch for 90 mins, he contributed nothing ? We would have been far more effective with Gow, Jennings and Humphrey in the middle with sutton in front of them and Blackman and McHugh up front a sort of 4-3-1-2 formation.

Everybody in the ground could see Forbes was worse than a man short so why did Broonie and Knox not see it.

Every time the ball went forward nothing stuck, Sutton is as slow as a week in the jail but he wins the ball in the air, and that's what we were missing.

What's really fucking annoying tho is that in playing the way he did on saturday he's probably set him back a fair bit. Forbes is by no means a bad footballer, in fact i'm pretty sure he'll come good. But he could do with at least having a sporting chance of contributing positively. A couple of opportunities in the right position away from home (away from the wife beaters) would do him the world of good.

The fact that we see someone with 3 starts (or whatever it is) and a couple of sub appearances as being the main reason we lost the game is a bit arse over tit and continues to protect one or two sacred cows.

interesting quote from extremely shite manager Mixu Pitalineon - but how much do I wish his words were attributed to Craig Brown

Jubilant Kilmarnock manager Mixu Paatelainen said the 3-0 win over Hearts vindicated his decision to haul Rui Miguel off before half-time.

Replacement forward Conor Sammon scored the visitors' second goal.

"It was purely a tactical substitution," said Paatelainen. "I apologised to Rui at half-time.

"It was my mistake. I chose the wrong type of player for this game. Conor scored a fantastic goal as well, so it turned out to be a good decision."

Paatelainen had more words of comfort for 26-year-old Miguel, the Portuguese who joined the Scottish Premier League outfit after leaving CSKA Sofia in the summer.

"Rui is a fantastic player and will hopefully score lots of goals for us," stated Paatelainien, who made the switch after 38 minutes at Tynecastle. "But, for this match, I thought Conor Sammon offered us more.

"When you play the counter attack, you need players who run behind defences.

"Rui is more of a link-up player with his fantastic technical ability. Hearts are full of solid guys at the back and we didn't get any joy in the first half, so that's why I made the substitution.

Having now calmed down (only slightly) I am now objective enough to once again realise that these types of results always have, and almost certainly always will blight Motherwell. What is now important is how the management and players learn from their mistakes and respond to this set back. At least a point at ICT will be good response.

Although we were poor to say the least, it is also sadly not the first or last time a referees incompetence will greatly influence of a game we are involved in. There is nothing we can do here.

A worrying aspect that has crept into our game in recent times is the ammount of costly penalty misses we have made. Our conversion rate is fucking chronic and has to be addressed now! It's one thing to miss one in a game that we still go onto win, but the past few seasons have seen us spurn gilt edged opportunities and it's costing us points. This slide has to be addressed as 40/50% success rate is piss poor and costing us!!

Motherwell missing a penalty used to be a rare bird, now it's almost the norm!

Summary of my views on Saturday:

• Ross Forbes was pish and shouldn't have lasted the game.
  • Referee was bollocks but thats to be expected.
  • Missed Murphy big time.
  • Game was made for Sutton and he should have started (up front).
  • Standard of set pieces (including the penalty) let us down majorly.
  • Accies time wasting is embarrasing on their part, my St Mirren supporting mate told me to watch out for it and I was suitably shoked at their sly tactics from ko.
  • the steak pie I had prior to kick off was excellent.

What's really fucking annoying tho is that in playing the way he did on saturday he's probably set him back a fair bit. Forbes is by no means a bad footballer, in fact i'm pretty sure he'll come good. But he could do with at least having a sporting chance of contributing positively. A couple of opportunities in the right position away from home (away from the wife beaters) would do him the world of good.

The fact that we see someone with 3 starts (or whatever it is) and a couple of sub appearances as being the main reason we lost the game is a bit arse over tit and continues to protect one or two sacred cows.

interesting quote from extremely shite manager Mixu Pitalineon - but how much do I wish his words were attributed to Craig Brown

I agree. I think Forbes is a decent player, gets the ball down, has good vision and looks to keep possession. He does lack pace though and isn't match fit due to lack of games. If Lasley is out, Forbes is the obvious candidate to come in.

Shame he hasn't kicked on from his brilliant start to last season.

I agree. I think Forbes is a decent player, gets the ball down, has good vision and looks to keep possession. He does lack pace though and isn't match fit due to lack of games. If Lasley is out, Forbes is the obvious candidate to come in.

He's good technically sometimes although his attemps at corners on Saturday were shoking. The bottom line for me is he is a pussy, Mensing bullied him out of the game and he was scared to put in a challenge. The only time that Forbes showed any aggresion on Saturday was when he pushed the guy that was already on the ground! Forbes and Hateley were the worst players on the park on Saturday in my opinion.

Never match fit though is he? Bounce games on a weekly basis and training daily and still not fit?