Harlaw Park

Special aka

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tomorrows forecast below which is almost identical to todays. All the forecasts are very similiar now but I like the fact that this one gives you the "feels like" temperature, which is a more realistc measure.

If you ground has been clear of frost for the last week and the covers are already down then they might just have done enough to get this game on.

post-517-1232443900_thumb.jpg

Add on... according to Special_AKA:

"No effin chance of game being on. -2c here in Inverurie, the pitch ain't covered and the grass outside is rock hard. Just my opinion mind..."

He also says he took a vid and will post it tonight

I think it's absolute b0ll0x and unacceptable that after having a week of reasonably mild weather, it had been forcast for some time that the temperatures would start to drop from the weekend and stay that way til after Wednesday. If we all knew that was forecast then why have the covers not been on and why is every picture that we see on either the Locos or our own official website showing a covered pitch!!! :cheers:

Between now and tomorrow night it is predicted to stay the same or get colder so why isn't an earlier inspection being done at say 4PM today and not a lot is going to change between then and tomorrow. Especially on an uncovered pitch that has no one working on it. Would love to see a picture of the pitch today if anyone is up there with a mobile phone with a camera.

Thank fuck they announced this before 5pm, if the game was off.

Due to start my travel up a touch after 5pm today, and would have been majorly pissed off to travel and then find out the game was postponed when the decision could have been made earlier.

So, just saved me 3 days annual leave, good decision.

So, cancelled holiday and re-applied for next week. I am determined to be at this match..

Am I right in saying that if it is cancelled on Monday it is then re-scheduled for Thursday of next week?

It is indeed a real shame but its no-one's fault, let's hope everyone who has a ticket can get up there on Monday, if its on mind you!

I'm probably the only 'Well fan who hopes it doesn't get played on the same day as the 5th round ties. It's the in-laws Wedding Anniversary that day and, while I can make the 5th round game at Fir Park, a trip to Inverurie would be out of the question. Need to get this played next week. I'd be gutted if I bought the 2009 Scottish Cup winning DVD and couldn't boast of being at every game in the run. I had an excuse last time (being five at the time) but not this time!

Frazzle

I'm putting my money on this not happening next week and we will end up playing on Saturday 7th when the 5th round games take place. Below is the forecasted weather in Inverurie for the next week and the temperatures never really get above freezing (even before the wind chill factor) so its almost certain the ground will still be frozen.

post-517-1232461388_thumb.jpg

I think it's absolute b0ll0x and unacceptable that after having a week of reasonably mild weather, it had been forcast for some time that the temperatures would start to drop from the weekend and stay that way til after Wednesday. If we all knew that was forecast then why have the covers not been on and why is every picture that we see on either the Locos or our own official website showing a covered pitch!!! ;)

Between now and tomorrow night it is predicted to stay the same or get colder so why isn't an earlier inspection being done at say 4PM today and not a lot is going to change between then and tomorrow. Especially on an uncovered pitch that has no one working on it. Would love to see a picture of the pitch today if anyone is up there with a mobile phone with a camera.

Thats a bit harsh IMO. The covers, and most of the groundstaff, were borrowed from Aberdeen. As Aberden have a home game of their own to put on this week I'd imagine they would be keeping hold of all that this week to ensure they have their own house in order before making sure Inverurie are OK.