Motherwell Vs St Johnstone 10/11 Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman struck a hat-trick in the 4-0 Clydesdale Bank Premier League win over St Johnstone at Fir Park.

The forward took his tally to eight SPL goals from 10 starts on the eve of his 21st birthday and Brown is eager to keep him after his loan deal expires in January.

Brown was delighted to hear Blackburn had also won, at Newcastle, and hopes to capitalise on his colleague's good mood.

"I always phone him (Allardyce) after he wins and tell him he doesn't need another striker," the former Scotland manager said.

"We would be to anxious keep him. I look for the Blackburn result every game because, the more they win, the more chance we have of keeping him.

"He wants to stay, we're hopeful. Sam's been very good with me.

"The deal was arranged in a swimming pool in Qatar in the summer, we were both commentating on the World Cup for Al-Jazeera."

That was far more like it last night. Fell out it a wee bit in the first half. But the passing was there and there were decent performances all round. Team looked well balanced - nobody really playing out of position.

Like was said before - if we'd played like that . . . . . . . . .

Great stuff though!

You have to wonder about that. No way did they have over 60% possession!

I thought it was at least that. Didn't think we saw much of the ball at all and there were a couple of very long spells (10 - 15 mins) where we only soaked up pressure.

What a difference having concise point of attack is though. Blackman, Murphy and Humphrey were outstanding going forward. Murphy's ball retention was excellent however St Johnstone closed him down in numbers very quickly.

Not really got much to add beyond what everyone else has said. I was pleasantly surprised at Casagolda, thought his passing was concise and split the defence a couple of times.

Great night all in! Shame more weren't there to see it.

Can't argue with that can you? As comfortable a win as you're ever likely to see and a long over due pumping handed out.

Make no mistake, these are good, even great times that we are living in. The league table looks great, and we've been third for 5 or 6 weeks now. I will remind myself of this whenever I start to moan!

My concerns now turn to Blackman, Gow, Murphy, Jennings, Humphrey, Murphy and Reynolds all being lured away! I actually thought Fitzy did quite well and Casagolda looked very useful when he came on.

St Johnstone were very poor and I thought the ref was too. The elbow on Humphrey was shocking and deserved a yellow at least.

Crowd as others have said was terrible, but bizarrely I don't think it would've been any worse if we had been bottom of the league!

I have no doubt this will be a tight affair,but i really think that 3 points will come, we will get off to a quick start as per norm then soak up in the last twenty, its all about getting our nose in front in the opening exchanges of the match. If we can score in the first twenty minutes i reckon we could go on to win 3 or 4 to 1.... we will always concede @home that is set in stone.

Blackman and Gow should prove to be the difference in the teams scoring, but the engine of Jennings and the Pace of Humphrey will be the key to providing the assists for the above mentioned.

Prediction if we score in the first twenty mins (4-1)

Prediction if we dont score in the first twenty minutes (1-1)

And a Scotland call up for Chris Humphrey :notworthy:

Well i almost got the prediction right, less the GOW and the goal for St Johnstone, one thing is for sure this has got to be the chance for Craig Levien to @least look at HUMPHREY and MURPHY for that chance, 3rd in the SPL, you dont get there unless you have some form of quality.

As for the match great overall team performance, highlights will go to BLACKMAN, but HUMPHREY was outstanding, i tell you what we are whipping up a storm, we might end up losing BLACKMAN and HUMPHREY but while they are still here lets just enjoy the experience. Well done the lads. Role on Saturday. :notworthy:

That's what happens though intit? How many times have we turned in superb performances on a cold midweek when the crowd is poor, yet when the crowds come back we mess it up? I'm just glad I was there, well done lads. :thumbup:
Magic. I always enjoyed the cold, midweek games. Just need to add standing with cup of hot Bovril, and it's a little bit of heaven.

Crawford Allan is a pernickity wee dick as a ref - always has been and was the same tonight but he had no decisions to make that were game changing so for that lets be grateful. And the yellow card call on Enckelman was spot on.

Certainly no game changing decisions, but he got several major calls wrong. We should have been given a first half penalty when Nick Blackman was brought down - soft admittedly but a penalty nonetheless. Someone then deliberately elbowed Chris Humphrey on the head right in front of the POD Stand and got off scot free. The keeper should also have been given a straight red card but escaped with a yellow.

Can't complain too much though - a geat performance and 4 goal win. Happy days indeed. Some devastating attacking football which was a joy to watch.

Thought the team did well great to see Blackman getting his hat trick and Sutton getting himself on the scoresheet. Humphery was giving Grainger nightmares.

Best bit of the match was when someone in the East Stand asked Craggs what happened to his neck since theres a plaster on it he replies "Love bite" <_>

Note to self, next time you book concert tickets 3 months in advance, look before hand to see if there is a midweek game.

Going by the attendance, a lot of people were elsewhere!

Man City vs. Man Utd on Sky, warmth, sofa, fridge, no spotty teenager in a high viz telling you to sit down even though you are in the last row of the East. Or Well vs. relegation fodder, only thing blistering is Humphrey's pace, chilly Baltic.

Bring on summer football.

Man City vs. Man Utd on Sky, warmth, sofa, fridge, no spotty teenager in a high viz telling you to sit down even though you are in the last row of the East. Or Well vs. relegation fodder, only thing blistering is Humphrey's pace, chilly Baltic.

Bring on summer football.

Man U vs Man City was dire. Not worth paying Murdoch's evil empire for that fare.

Well, off topic, but Murdoch doesn't hide his politics. He may use the various governments to help expand his media holdings, but he has never been shy about promoting his right wing, capitalistic, neo-con ideals.

Governments are afraid of his perceived ability to sway elections with his populist press (although they seem to be more in awe of the Daily Mail these days), but the man's politics haven't wavered over the years.

For all that, summer football has no place. 3pm Saturday kick-offs, terracing, and a fiver off the price would soon bump up the crowds. No Sky required.