Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

Whats that supposed to mean, All SHFL clubs are full blown members of the Scottish Football Association and therefore have every right to play in the cup.

It's only the Juniors that have been recently let into the cup competitions just to appease the Central Belt Junior Mafia.

The question you should be asking is why did MFC not allow the game to be rearranged for the midweek after the original date?

I'm not blaming the Locos here. I am defending you, so don't go all arsey!

I don't know why Motherwell didn't arrange for then? Would it have made any difference.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough is enough, for a cup tie if the game is canceled twice then the match should automatically revert to the other sides stadium.

I know it's not a popular statement but I have to agree with that comment and it's not about us being the bigger club or any sh!te like that as we would have to accept that such a rule could impact us as well if FP were unplayable (again). Seen it mentioned in the other posts that games were postponed in the 60's/70's for 29 times but this is modern football and if the rules are changed to state that you have "x" number of times to play a match at home and if you can't do it then it's switched to the away venue. None of this bollox about neutral venue's etc and if its in the rules then you know that when you sign up to play in the tournament.

I'm not blaming the Locos here. I am defending you, so don't go all arsey!

I don't know why Motherwell didn't arrange for then? Would it have made any difference.

I'm not getting arsey, but dont understand what the SFA were supposed to do in order to get the game on!

It's my understanding that they would only sanction a move to another ground if there is a safety issue and there is still 3 potential dates for the tie to be played before the next round.

The first available date after sat 10th would have been wed 14th and the pitch was playable that week as it was quite mild in the NE, but the word on the street was that M/Well refused due to wanting to reallocate tickets.

As i said not getting arsey, just wanting to get the game played(hopefully on a date i can manage!)

well if it's not, it'll be even worse for them... they'll be without their captain cos he can't get the day off work!

I read the beeb's article that way as well at first but looking at it again I think it just means he cant get the day off to "prepare". I'm hoping so, because without Tommy this could be seriously embarrassing.

I read the beeb's article that way as well at first but looking at it again I think it just means he cant get the day off to "prepare". I'm hoping so, because without Tommy this could be seriously embarrassing.

I wouldn't consider it an embarrassment that you've gotten to this round in the cup to give you the opportunity against the bigger teams, you'll do yourselves proud i'm sure; win, lose or draw. Just get your supporters to be the "twelfth man" :(

Agreed, but dont think Tommy will miss the game, he'll just need to take it easy during the day. Need to save his energy to boss the midfield :(

Oh well back to anxious glances at a smattering of weather forecasts it is then.

BBC's seems positives showing conditions and temperatures that should be fine, assuming its thawed out enough today, with estimates of up to 7c tomorrow.

Aberdeenshire Council's however is much less so with estimates of it getting down to -2c overnight and only reaching 3c tomorrow.

And then somewhere in the middle is netweather.tv which has temperatures of around 3c during the night with 90% cloud covering and getting up to 5c tomorrow.

So really I don't know what one to believe!

First things first though, lets hope today's inspection gets us to tomorrow, and then we hope the weather goes our way thereafter.....

Bearing in mind how hard the frost has been up there and the fact its deep in the pitch I'd say you'd need far higher than 6 degrees for more than 12 hours to get that game on, make no plans for days off tomorrow and look to Monday.