St Mirren Vs Motherwell Nov 20th Thread

David

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't go to places like St Mirren and at least look to come away with a draw then we simply can't consider ourselves top four in the SPL.

Those are the kind of places we need to be taking something from if we want to compete with the likes of Hearts, Hibs and United.

...and also the fact that our record against St.Mirren is largely awful, despite them always struggling near the foot of the table. I've seen us gubbed in Paisley too many times, even once when they were in the first division, to be optimistic over our chances there. We even struggled to beat them at Fir Park earlier in the season when the final scoreline of 3-1 completely flattered us.

A cold, dark winter's afternoon at Love Street/New St.Mirren Park? The first things that spring to mind are 1) a shite Motherwell performance and 2) a defeat.

That's why I'm giving tomorrow a miss.

Solid 2-0 away win.

We should have been out of sight against St Mirren in the first 30 minutes at Fir Park and they got back into it as we tried to sit too deep.

They should attack more as they are on their own patch and we can exploit them with our pace.

Sounds easy doesn't it? Wish it was!

Solid 2-0 away win.

We should have been out of sight against St Mirren in the first 30 minutes at Fir Park and they got back into it as we tried to sit too deep.

They should attack more as they are on their own patch and we can exploit them with our pace.

Sounds easy doesn't it? Wish it was!

Agree with this one a good away win is on the cards, we are playing well just now, Blackman and Humphrey are on fire :thumbup:

Game is made for Sutton, however I'm inclined to opt for him to be a half-time (that's 45 remaining mins on the clock Craig) if the regular up front starters are stymied by their 2nd division stars, kids and journeymen. If we want Europe then games like this should be tucked away.

No doubt they've been reminded that 3-1 wasn't a fair result and combined with them being the home team I doubt a rerun of their negative tactics, consequently allowing our counter attack to prevail.

3-1 Well, but we'll deserve it this time.

Its not the fact that its against a "lesser" Club in the League, its the fact that They are doing pretty badly at the moment and need a win, 9/10 that win'll come against Teams like Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs.

:):blink::blink:

Not sure we are, beat Aberdeen (Ok, that's no much of a bonus with Muttley at the helm) beat Dundee Utd away, lost at home to both the OF, having a real bad performance from one of our defenders against Rangers and were very unlucky against Celtic.

Taking that into account you are playing pretty good overall and, as some have stated, if you really see yourself as a top 4 club really shouldnt lose against us.

We struggle to keep a clean sheet, only once this season, but have scored in all but 2 games so I'll go for a 2-1 and wish you all the best for the rest of the season. :nod:

Taking out the Old Firm only Inverness have gone to Paisley and won. Though granted Accies blew it. We can win but we will have to play well to win. Two of our three goals against them last time came because people slipped and the third was a counter attack in injury time so we know they can push us. But I think with Humphrey we have a weapon they will struggle to counter if we utilise him properly and i think that could be the difference this afternoon. Craigan fit? Be interesting to see what he does if he isn't.

:):blink::blink:

Not sure we are, beat Aberdeen (Ok, that's no much of a bonus with Muttley at the helm) beat Dundee Utd away, lost at home to both the OF, having a real bad performance from one of our defenders against Rangers and were very unlucky against Celtic.

Taking that into account you are playing pretty good overall and, as some have stated, if you really see yourself as a top 4 club really shouldnt lose against us.

We struggle to keep a clean sheet, only once this season, but have scored in all but 2 games so I'll go for a 2-1 and wish you all the best for the rest of the season. :nod:

I was referring to the League position, mate.

I was referring to the League position, mate.

Can't argue with that, we're just hoping that our new manager keeps us away from the usual last game or two nerves that we've had to endure the last four seasons.

The recent signs are very positive, not just the couple of decent results but our general play has been much better.

The bookies have you guys as favourites, there not wrong very often, although today they will be. :)

Hope it's a good game. :blink:

Can't argue with that, we're just hoping that our new manager keeps us away from the usual last game or two nerves that we've had to endure the last four seasons.

The recent signs are very positive, not just the couple of decent results but our general play has been much better.

The bookies have you guys as favourites, there not wrong very often, although today they will be. :)

Hope it's a good game. :blink:

I seriously hope we give you lot an absolute pumping.

Teams:

Motherwell: Randolph, Saunders, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, Humphrey, Jennings, Hateley, Murphy, Blackman, Gow. Subs: Hollis, Sutton, McHugh, Fitzpatrick, Forbes, Page, Casagolda.

St Mirren take on Motherwell with the following line-up: Samson, McAusland, Potter, McGregor, van Zanten, Cregg, McLean, Travner, McGowan, Higdon, Wardlaw. Subs: Gallacher, Barron, Thomson, Robb, Lynch, Mooy, Lamont.