Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

Tarrier FC demand folks are ousted from their jobs. Is that to include Neil Lennon for his 4 letter vitriolic outbursts, (as seen on TV), and/or Alan Thompson for a drink driving offence, (as reported by the Sun), on route to work. IMHO a far more henious crime than forwarding an e-mail that offends a certain minority of the population of this country.

Celtic FC = :wank:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dallas and mcdonald will no doubt be delighted they don't have to deal with the scummiest fans in the world any more.

the sfa better hammer lennon, reid and hooper for their various comments. celtic got the scalps they wanted but will probably be gutted mcdonald has gone as they can't play the victim card any more. it's pretty annoying that the mopes will feel this vindicates their intimidation tactics, i wonder who will be the next target for them?

So, John Reid, who refused to resign over lying to the UK electorate over the reasons for invading Iraq, forces a ref to resign over lying over the reasons he made a correct decision?

You couldn't make this up. The sooner the OF and all their delusional supporters take their bigoted paranoia to the EPL (or Championship, or Atlantic League) the sooner we can drag our game into the 21st century.

dougie mcdonald goes down swinging

"It is with regret that I have decided, with immediate effect, to retire from my role as a category one referee.

"My category one colleagues decided rightly to withdraw their services from matches this weekend in response to the outrageous way they have been treated by sections within Scottish football and, in my opinion, the lack of support they have received from the SFA General Purposes Committee in recent years.

"However, their united stand, and the position of strength they have established this weekend, has been clouded by one issue, namely the aftermath of the Dundee United v Celtic match on 17 October.

"I apologised for my role in that and wanted my previously unblemished 29-year career to move on.

"Now is the time for all of Scottish football to move on.

"My decision will therefore remove that issue from the debate and ensure that the next day of action - which, in my opinion, will undoubtedly come if the football community does not have a massive change of heart - will result in media coverage being concentrated on those who engage in referee bashing and those who condone it."

"It is also important to make clear that just as this issue is not about Dougie McDonald alone, nor is it about Celtic Football Club alone," he added.

"The truth is, since I became a class one referee, managers or players - and sometimes directors - at almost every club, at one time or another, have been guilty of such behaviour.

"The only difference being the degree and tenor of the criticism and the inferences from it.

"The constant has been the unwillingness of the SFA General Purposes Committee to deal with it.

"I suggest they check the meaning of phrases such as 'wasn't impartial' used by (former Celtic winger) Aiden McGeady and 'conspires to' used by (Dundee United manager) Peter Houston and consider whether we want those used in Scottish football."

Is that to include Neil Lennon for his 4 letter vitriolic outbursts,

Very valid point big yin. Had the roles been reversed and an official of the SFA come out with exactly the same tirade at a Celtic official would they have demanded the resignation of that official?

Answers on a postcard please.

Scottish football must move on but fo that to happen the SFA must address John Reids and Neil Lennons behaviour.

As i posted in the Other Football, McDonald's full statement included a pop at Motherwell amongst others. I would have said apart from the Gannon episode which seemed quite personal against Dallas i don't think we are particularly bad towards refs.

McGhee had his moments as well. However you have to remember Gannon's dig at Dallas was because of feedback he wanted to give because the referees were constantly below the standards he expected.

Though I think Gannon was a banger. To referees, to players and to anyone else in the road and Motherwell did deal with him with his P45. Maybe no record of it amongst reason for dismissal but I'm sure it played a part.

McDonald going will see a further pendulum swing in favour of the refs in this debate. I feel a bit sorry for him - clearly he shouldn't have lied but its a worry that there is a culture which has people so scared of making a mistake which is sure to be a breeding ground of more mistakes. Was never my favourite referee but to me he was never scared to make a big call. Against us he sent Bougherra off for two yellows for dissent - not many would have had the bottle. And while he could be a little bit card happy and was prone to the odd strange one he was far from the worst in the SPL.

And I know its semantics but thats a resignation statement not a retiral one!

Gannon was 100% right in his criticism, these self righteous arseholes are trying to gloss over the continual fuck-ups they make. When they right that they'll maybe get less criticism but if you're going to make the same errors week after week, year after year you have no right to complain about someone calling it as it is.

They have a point about the level of abuse coming from ra Shellic but they're trying to twist that into a blame game aimed at everyone else

Gannon was 100% right in his criticism, these self righteous arseholes are trying to gloss over the continual fuck-ups they make. When they right that they'll maybe get less criticism but if you're going to make the same errors week after week, year after year you have no right to complain about someone calling it as it is.

They have a point about the level of abuse coming from ra Shellic but they're trying to twist that into a blame game aimed at everyone else

Nope. Gannon was an arsehole who couldn't keep his mouth shut over referees. Dallas tried to have private correspondence addressing his concerns but Gannon called him a liar and used the media to attack his integrity. The problem being ofcourse, was that Gannon couldn't be arsed to check his postbox for the infamous letter.

Gannon should have been fined for his open and dishonest criticism of an SFA official. Jim Gannon's behaviour brought shame to this club.

Nope. Gannon was an arsehole who couldn't keep his mouth shut over referees. Dallas tried to have private correspondence addressing his concerns but Gannon called him a liar and used the media to attack his integrity. The problem being ofcourse, was that Gannon couldn't be arsed to check his postbox for the infamous letter.

Gannon should have been fined for his open and dishonest criticism of an SFA official. Jim Gannon's behaviour brought shame to this club.

:wub: okay then, if you say so. :wub:

:wub: okay then, if you say so. :wub:

So what part of lying about a letter from Hugh Dallas did you like?

Scotsman article with details. Complaints made by Dallas are very similar to recent incidents. To make the incident even more embarrassing Gannon was commenting on refereeing decisions that had nothing to do with Motherwell. The hysteria caused by Gannon is the exact kind of behaviour that encourages the paranoid and delusional Scottish football fans to take their 'grievances' with referees to the next level, which in the past has included smashed windows and death threats.

Not exactly anything to be proud of.

Wonder who is going to get the head of refs job after Dallas, Do you know of anyone who is grade 1 qualified with 29 years experience be hard to find someone more suitable. That would scare sellick

Can't think of anyone in the Scottish game off-hand, but no reason it needs to be somebody from the Scottish game, in theory -- the laws of the game are the same everywhere, and maybe bringing in somebody from outside with a less parochial perspective wouldn't be such a bad thing. Who knows, maybe it would even give the OF one less thing to be paranoid about, but I doubt it.

Think you might have that arse over tit - don't let it stand in the way of a good Gannon bash.

He questioned their ability and consistency

He did not question their integrity

Gannon didn't handle it well - however Dallas was a pussy over it

"I have respected this vow of silence but I have written to Hugh Dallas on two separate occasions regarding the standard of refereeing and had no reply."

And the Motherwell manager, who claimed Jim O'Brien was fouled when he received the Steelmen's only yellow card, for diving, added: "If we turn a blind eye then the standard of refereeing is bringing the game into disrepute.

"There is no reporting structure that allows managers to give their feedback and that's disappointing.

"They would like to keep it all private because then they can hide behind it and let the same people referee games.

"The referee did not know a foul from a tackle. He let definite fouls go unpunished and when people make genuine attempts and win the ball, he's booking people. It was a bizarre spectacle."

Think thats fairly spot on from Gannon. Shite referee's, shite reporting structure and a group who have been proven to cover up, lie and attempt to keep matters in-house.

+1

Stuart Dougal's comments in his article following Forbes' goal against the h**s for me, sums up why I have no support for Scottish referees.

He defended the linesman involved by saying it was the player's fault for making the linesman make a call.

Despite being clearly several yards onside, he blamed the player for making sure the goal was scored(even though Craigan's effort could have hit the post or even went by).

I also fear that Dougal will takeover from Dallas.

So what part of lying about a letter from Hugh Dallas did you like?

Scotsman article with details. Complaints made by Dallas are very similar to recent incidents. To make the incident even more embarrassing Gannon was commenting on refereeing decisions that had nothing to do with Motherwell. The hysteria caused by Gannon is the exact kind of behaviour that encourages the paranoid and delusional Scottish football fans to take their 'grievances' with referees to the next level, which in the past has included smashed windows and death threats.

Not exactly anything to be proud of.

:lol: Fuckin' Hell, you really have just taken that too far.

+1

Stuart Dougal's comments in his article following Forbes' goal against the h**s for me, sums up why I have no support for Scottish referees.

He defended the linesman involved by saying it was the player's fault for making the linesman make a call.

Despite being clearly several yards onside, he blamed the player for making sure the goal was scored(even though Craigan's effort could have hit the post or even went by).

I also fear that Dougal will takeover from Dallas.

Stuart Dougal has nothing to do with it. Jim Gannon went on the radio and called Hugh Dallas a liar. He said that he had gotten no reply and that gave him the right to spout drivel to the press when the letter was sitting in his mail. He commented on decisions that had nothing to do with MFC and went on a tirade against the full refereeing system.

If you can't see why that approach is counter productive and bringing the game into disrepute I feel sorry for you.

Stuart Dougal has nothing to do with it. Jim Gannon went on the radio and called Hugh Dallas a liar. He said that he had gotten no reply and that gave him the right to spout drivel to the press when the letter was sitting in his mail. He commented on decisions that had nothing to do with MFC and went on a tirade against the full refereeing system.

If you can't see why that approach is counter productive and bringing the game into disrepute I feel sorry for you.

Did you actually read what Dallas said in that interview? It supports Gannon's claims that his correspondence (or, at least, a significant portion of his correspondence) was ignored. Dallas just passes the blame onto the Post Office delivering it late - no wonder he switched to email, eh?

Did you actually read what Dallas said in that interview? It supports Gannon's claims that his correspondence (or, at least, a significant portion of his correspondence) was ignored. Dallas just passes the blame onto the Post Office delivering it late - no wonder he switched to email, eh?

From the article

"Finally, I find it staggering that Mr Gannon did not feel compelled to open two letters from the Scottish FA before conducting his latest media conference."

Take off your claret and amber glasses, they are clearly interfering with your ability to read.

After removing the Claret and Amber specs, all i can see is a statement from a liar and cover up merchant.

If you believe that Gannon's assessment of Hugh Dallas and his department's incompetence was 'dishonest'...i suggest removing your eyeballs and replacing them with wee saucers made from plasticine.