Club Statement - Craig Brown And Archie Knox

Guest 'Flow

I have no doubt that john Boyle listened to sensible legal advice before agreeing to drop the complaint, and obviously this advice was that the club did not have a good enough case, so we are not being shafted we are retaining some dignity for the club. The best response we can give to Aberdeen is to pump them on Saturday that will have a much greater effect on them and that 2 faced auld w**K brown, than any legal action.

ok then Motherwell were complete arseholes in the first place with their initial statement - especially when they hit out at Aberdeen - especially the part about the poor performance of the board at Aberdeen FC. It like Motherwell had acted tough, then Aberdeen have got wind of it, so Motherwell have shat it! Especially the bit of working well with Aberdeen in the past!

Acting hard until those who you accuse of doing you wrong question you about it... silly silly Motherwell.

Acting hard until those who you accuse of doing you wrong question you about it... silly silly Motherwell.
They weren't down the pub, "acting hard" and looking for a fight. Running a business isn't the same thing as spilling someone's pint. Both sides take a position (often publicly), then negotiate an agreement behind closed doors. After that it's cigars and claret all round.

It's all just a big game.

I have no doubt that john Boyle listened to sensible legal advice before agreeing to drop the complaint, and obviously this advice was that the club did not have a good enough case, so we are not being shafted we are retaining some dignity for the club. The best response we can give to Aberdeen is to pump them on Saturday that will have a much greater effect on them and that 2 faced auld w**K brown, than any legal action.

Or Aberdeen have listened to sensible legal advise and been told that they stood a very high chance of not only having to pay compensation but also having SPL sanctions applied, have decided on 'an out of court' settlement.

They were acting hard. In their initial statement They came out and basically said Milne and Miller have done a shit job at Aberdeen. Now they're best friends, and have always had close working relationship. Someone has backed down from their mighty high horse, and it certainly isn't Aberdeen.

When are we as a club going to get a decent fucking break! I'm getting sick of all the drama following our club and as a supporter I feel we are getting a using! There is only so much we can take as fans before becoming completely disillusioned by it all!

You can see bye the way the threads have been going that a lot of seasoned fans are not feeling we are getting Any value for our money and we are getting A shagging time after time!

The communication between the club and fans has definitely been an improvement in recent years but it's time for our feelings to be recognised before the clubs loses valuable fans and money it can hardly afford to lose!

Or Aberdeen have listened to sensible legal advise and been told that they stood a very high chance of not only having to pay compensation but also having SPL sanctions applied, have decided on 'an out of court' settlement.

To be honest I think it'll be the other way round. Aberdeen did fuck all wrong when they signed Brown. Aye a courtesy call would've been morally correct, but legally, they haven't actually done anything wrong. Our beef shouldn't be with Aberdeen, it should be with Craig Brown & Archie Knox.

I think Boyle has been told this and therefore decided to back down.

We got a break when we got Porter on a free and sold him on for a few quid. We have had breaks to avoid relegation when leagues were reconstructed. We got a break when we qualified for Europe through the Fair Play league. We got a break, apparently, when we signed Coke. We got a break when we were saved from relegation on the stadium criteria rule.

It does happen sometimes.

When are we as a club going to get a decent fucking break!

It wasn't so long ago that we were last in the league and not relegated. Likewise, we went into administration, made dozens of employees redundant, and didn't receive any tangible punishment.

There are many fans who hate us for this; although though those were the rules at the time. Believe it or not there are some Falkirk fans that hate us more than The Dirty Fifers. B-)

SD

There are many fans who hate us for this; although though those were the rules at the time. Believe it or not there are some Falkirk fans that hate us more than The Dirty Fifers. B-)

My dirty falkirk supporting Brother in law is one of them always gives me grief for that. Annoys me epsh as the season before they should have slipped into the 2nd division but were saved because of the clydebank/Airdrie Utd situation.

On the 'well front, I'm glad we are moving on. Seems to have been a great move getting those two old chunts to feck. All efforts getting a new management team in place. Hope lessons have been learnt.

Kat,

I worked in Grangemouth for six years, lived in Stenhousemuir. When we had no game/Sunday game, I'd go to Brockville. Have to admit that McAlister's goal against Huntly was one of the best individual goals I've ever seen live.

But, there are some bitter fcks that support that club, for sure. I'd forgotten the Airdrie thing- that's a retort when the subject is next raised.....

SD

My dirty falkirk supporting Brother in law is one of them always gives me grief for that. Annoys me epsh as the season before they should have slipped into the 2nd division but were saved because of the clydebank/Airdrie Utd situation.

On the 'well front, I'm glad we are moving on. Seems to have been a great move getting those two old chunts to feck. All efforts getting a new management team in place. Hope lessons have been learnt.

Were they actually due to get relegated aye ?

I didn't even know that !

Not read through all the posts as the first few were getting on my wick a wee bit, looking at this a bit objectively I would suggest that MFC have taken the moral high ground, they made their point initially and it was well taken up by the media and by supporters of other clubs, now we change tack completely and issue todays statement so now people will see we're bigger and better than a pointless squabble.

I say well done :doh: JB and Leeann startegicly a good move let's do our talking on the park and to quote the Hump "give them a doing".

The references to a breach 'the spirit of the SPL rules' in JB's statements/TV appearences means the lawyers advised there is no actual breach of the rules, in all likelihood because of the absence of a written contract.

Today's statement means there has been a compensation agreement between the clubs with confidentiality clause. It may frustrate some not to know the details but it is how these things work.

Therefore looks like Well have fought their corner in a professional manner, got the best they could out of it, and now want to move on. The 'shafted' stuff in this thread is pish, we let our feeling be known at the time but there’s no point in crying about it further unless we have a legal basis.

Handled properly by Motherwell. Hopefully with an agreement not to come stealing our players. That'd be a good 'un.

IF the club have gone down that route then they are even more stupid than they make out to be.

That was the very deal they made with Celtic and McCart when we let him go back to Celtic for nothing.

Didn't exactly work first time round, they would be plain stupid to try it again. Especially after the way it seems Brown and Aberdeen have already acted in the last week.