Club Statement - Craig Brown And Archie Knox

Guest 'Flow

Motherwell Football Club have today (Thursday) issued the following statement regarding the departure of Craig Brown and Archie Knox to Aberdeen.

“During a difficult time for Scottish football and when clubs are about to enter discussions on a major league re-structuring, we are of the view that it is not in anyone's best interests for two Scottish Premier League clubs to be involved in an ongoing dispute.

“Following constructive discussions with Aberdeen, we have reached an agreement to draw a line under the matter and have formally withdrawn our complaint to the SPL in relation to their employment of Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

“We have always maintained a good working relationship with Aberdeen and look forward to that continuing in future.

“We strongly believe this action is in the best interests of the club and will make no further comment on the matter. We will now focus all our resources on employing a new management team to take the club forward.”

I certainly hope that Aberdeen have made some kind of concession to the club, would be very disappointed if we just let it go, as we seemingly have done with other issues lately......

That said I have trust and confidence in people like Leeann and Flow, don't think they'd put up silently with Motherwell getting shafted.

It's long past time the club grew a pair.

Fucking shitebags.

Roll over Motherwell... now play dead... that's a good boy :wallbash:

Shafted and accepted with a whimper again.

Lubed up, Bent over and royally shafted.

Thats the Motherwell way.

+1

Have you considered that AFC have paid some compensation and as part of the agreement the details have to remain confidential?

If that is true - the statement makes it look like we#re even more shit bags! Fucking shocking decision to keep this under raps. Sadly I believe we've chickened out - like we seem to do every fucking time!

I certainly hope that Aberdeen have made some kind of concession to the club, would be very disappointed if we just let it go, as we seemingly have done with other issues lately......

That said I have trust and confidence in people like Leeann and Flow, don't think they'd put up silently with Motherwell getting shafted.

What the fuck can Flow do? He either goes with what they say, leaves or gets sacked for speaking out of turn.

Some amount of shite in this. Its not a pub where you get in a scrap for having a pop at the burd you fancy.

Pick your battles and pick the ones worth winning. Brown is gone, Knox is gone, McGhee went. Makes absolutely fuck all difference pissing and moaning about it in the rags until we look like a shower of bitter bastards. Achieves nothing in the mean time and distracts everyone from more important jobs.

Handled properly by Motherwell. Hopefully with an agreement not to come stealing our players. That'd be a good 'un.

Some amount of shite in this. Its not a pub where you get in a scrap for having a pop at the burd you fancy.

Pick your battles and pick the ones worth winning. Brown is gone, Knox is gone, McGhee went. Makes absolutely fuck all difference pissing and moaning about it in the rags until we look like a shower of bitter bastards. Achieves nothing in the mean time and distracts everyone from more important jobs.

Handled properly by Motherwell. Hopefully with an agreement not to come stealing our players. That'd be a good 'un.

Is this not better than having this dragging on for weeks and weeks, when we are at a critical point in our season? This way we can keep focused on our on-the-field issues.

Agreed, well done MFC.

Exactly. We have no money and wasting it on questionable legal issues is pretty stupid. Ethically, Brown and Knox were at fault, but I'm not sure we would be successful in pursuing any claims - and even if we were, it could end up costing us more in legal fees than we would win.

Sometimes, in business, you need to pick your battles.

Is this not better than having this dragging on for weeks and weeks, when we are at a critical point in our season? This way we can keep focused on our on-the-field issues.

Totally agree taking this to the SPL is unecesarry bullshit, it would be weeks of arguments with no prospect of anything happening at the end, the two of them never had a contract end of. Brown and Knox are gone the club are over it, moving on and concentrating on finding a new manager and getting a bit of stabillity to the team, so the rest of us should get over it as well as its getting boring now. :wallbash:

I agree with the last few posts; correct decision.

If you're the manager of a football club and you've a player who no longer wants to play for the club, then you punt him; simples.

So, it's surely similar when your manager no longer wants to manage the team; contract or no contract?

Agree there could be some deal done that we never know about.

Similar to Weeyin's comment, business is business.

Let's move on and not to be seen as whinging cnuts. It's not as if we play in green and white, is it?

SD

Unless there have been some sort of out of court type settlements or stipulations to further developments (ie not coming back and stealing our players) here I must say I'm very very disappointed bordering on complete disillusionment by this. Along with not appealing the red card on Tuesday it appears it is open season on Motherwell and the club are willing to stand idely by and let all and sundry shaft us.

Unless there have been some sort of out of court type settlements or stipulations to further developments (ie not coming back and stealing our players) here I must say I'm very very disappointed bordering on complete disillusionment by this. Along with not appealing the red card on Tuesday it appears it is open season on Motherwell and the club are willing to stand idely by and let all and sundry shaft us.

I have no doubt that john Boyle listened to sensible legal advice before agreeing to drop the complaint, and obviously this advice was that the club did not have a good enough case, so we are not being shafted we are retaining some dignity for the club. The best response we can give to Aberdeen is to pump them on Saturday that will have a much greater effect on them and that 2 faced auld w**K brown, than any legal action.

Unless there have been some sort of out of court type settlements or stipulations to further developments (ie not coming back and stealing our players) here I must say I'm very very disappointed bordering on complete disillusionment by this.
Why? Have you received different legal advice from the Board? Do you have a clear idea of exactly what SPL rules (or Scottish laws) have been broken? Do you know how much it will cost to purse the matter? Do you know what the estimated compensation (if any) would be if the case was won?

Revenge is no basis for running a business.