Total Shambles

Dexter Dawg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Scotland Web site is saying sacked Blackburn Assistant Manager Neil McDonald is now favourite for Manager does anybody know anything about him ?

dont know much about him but on the wiki page it says he managed carlisle and has been with big sam at bolton and blackburn. Big sam said the other day that if anybody was going to be in temp charge at blackburn it should have been neil mcdonald

Just don't understand yesterdays performance, we never started the engine nevermind not getting out of 1st gear! We gave them to much respect and room. Add to that our passing was on par with an under 11 team. Stayed for the full 90min waiting for a sign that the players did give a fuck but I didn't see anything.

Very very poor from the players - get the finger out for Wednesday boys!

PS tip for youngy, either play Hateley at right back or leave him out - the guys never a midfielder!

Might not be a lot of folks cup of tea but I'd rather see Fitzpatrick in midfield. At least he chases the ball, tries to tackle and doesn't give opponents time on the ball.

PS tip for youngy, either play Hateley at right back or leave him out - the guys never a midfielder!

Might not be a lot of folks cup of tea but I'd rather see Fitzpatrick in midfield. At least he chases the ball, tries to tackle and doesn't give opponents time on the ball.

Have to agree! He doesn't cut it at all in midfield, and to be honest I don't think he is a better right back than saunders.

I knew hately would play in midfield, but thought maybe sutton would have played instead of gow. Very surprising when hately went off that gow got moved into the middle??

Gow is not a central midfielder, he is a luxury that we can't afford, always takes too many touches, and tries to be too fancy, I think everytime he had the ball he gave it away! Forbes and fitzpatrick have both improved the team when they have played.

I'd have started with lasley and fitzy in middle and Sutton on the left. Sutton gave us a lift when he came on, and he is probably our strongest player, seems strange to leave him out a team that is constantly being bullied!

BBC Scotland Web site is saying sacked Blackburn Assistant Manager Neil McDonald is now favourite for Manager does anybody know anything about him ?

Neil McDonald was first team coach under Peter Jackson for a few months at Lincoln City around 2007/2008.

Team played very well while he was there but fell away when he left.

Very highly respected in Enguurland.

I think we could do a lot worse (Chris fucking Sutton!!!! :thumbup: )

We have an average squad of players and no money so let us concentrate in finishing in top 6 - we have punched above out weight over last 18 months
You can't punch above your weight for 18 months in football. It's 11 vs 11 every week, and over the course of a season the better teams finish higher up. So if we are top 6 it's because the players are sufficiently talented to merit being in the top 6. Not because we keep beating teams that are better than us.

You can't punch above your weight for 18 months in football. It's 11 vs 11 every week, and over the course of a season the better teams finish higher up. So if we are top 6 it's because the players are sufficiently talented to merit being in the top 6. Not because we keep beating teams that are better than us.

have to agree,i hate that term" punching above our weight"it may have taken a while to find

our level,but i think we deserve to be where we are

.the main thing for now is getting the right man in place and progressing to the next level

if possible

We are a total shambles on and off the park.no manager,no money,no leadership from Boyle,what a fecking joke we are.And those who were in the East Stand today had to dodge water leaking from pipes and toilets closed in one half of the stand.Sad sad days for our club.

Agreed but wait to after January, you will see how good it is now and also see why Brown left

Just don't understand yesterdays performance, we never started the engine nevermind not getting out of 1st gear! We gave them to much respect and room. Add to that our passing was on par with an under 11 team. Stayed for the full 90min waiting for a sign that the players did give a fuck but I didn't see anything.

Very very poor from the players - get the finger out for Wednesday boys!

We were well beaten by a Rangers team who looked like they could score every time they went up the park, our defence was a shambles, especially both full backs, Hammell and the bomb scare that is Saunders :blush: We need to get a manager in ASAP and get some shape and organisation into the team, Gordon Young is well out of his depth. I think the players were trying but against a defence as solid and organised as Rangers they got no chance. We missed Steve "betfred" Jennings in Midfield, i would have brought in Fitzpatrick and left Hatley at right back, instead of Saunders.

We were well beaten by a Rangers team who looked like they could score every time they went up the park, our defence was a shambles, especially both full backs, Hammell and the bomb scare that is Saunders :blush: We need to get a manager in ASAP and get some shape and organisation into the team, Gordon Young is well out of his depth. I think the players were trying but against a defence as solid and organised as Rangers they got no chance. We missed Steve "betfred" Jennings in Midfield, i would have brought in Fitzpatrick and left Hatley at right back, instead of Saunders.

No need for the :( IMO. Saunders is young and should get better, but he is a bombscare at times. Still, he is a Scotland cap......

Hateley is a far better RB but never a centre midfielder.

I like the term 'punching above our weight' cos so many folk don't. The fact it is true and annoys so many people is a bonus. I also like the fact it bugs folk, and so many don't like it it seems. Therefore I tend to sway towards using it, just cos other folk hate it. In fact I think I might use it as my sig in future

"Punching Above Our Weight"

Looks good don't you think? :thumbup:

Its the truth though.

I could handle us playing shite being in a shite stadium etc if we were still allwed to enjoy ourselfs and not to be treated like a seriel killer for it. it remains the biggest problem holding scottish football back right now.

thats why I'd rather watch the game in the pub

And if more people did that we'd be in an even bigger mess.

People are though!

Its a sad fact small clubs like motherwell will not face up to charging fans a fortune for the entertainment on offer and the "service" provided.

More and more do it more often for the same reasons stated above.

Adress the problems that are forcing fans away and resources may be more accessable.

I like the term 'punching above our weight' cos so many folk don't. The fact it is true and annoys so many people is a bonus. I also like the fact it bugs folk, and so many don't like it it seems. Therefore I tend to sway towards using it, just cos other folk hate it. In fact I think I might use it as my sig in future

"Punching Above Our Weight"

Looks good don't you think? :whistling:

It doesn't annoy me, it's just factually incorrect. I doubt anyone could even explain what constitutes our 'weight', what constitutes our 'punches' and quantify the quality of those punches in such a way that makes us somehow lucky in beating what, by definition, must be consistently superior opponents.

It just sounds like a label tossed around by some incompetent, OF loving tabloid journo.