Dundee Roll Call

something else

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! The guys never a wide player, i'd go with Murphy and Sutton up front on Sunday.

I wouldn't disagree with that and the Blackman and Gow contract situations might dictate that's how we have to go whether we want to or not.

That then brings the return of the left-midfield conundrum which has never really been resolved for goodness how long. Fizzy who's looked considerable more comfortable in the centre out left again? Ross Forbes? Alan Gow if he's still about?

Lots of talk about the central defence of late but this position has been crying out to be filled for ages.

Since Terry Butcher we've tried to fit a square peg into a round hole with that position. In my view let forwards play up front and put a midfielder in there, that left mid position. Commmon sense is it not? Some might have played the role fairly well but David Clarkson was better playing up front, so was Foran IMO, so is Sutton, Jamie Murphy is the latest

£150 - You taking a helicopter Pie? Why head to Motherwell 1st and then Dundee??

Was taking my nephew on the bus from the Electric Bar, (which meant train south rather than the unpredicatable A9), however due to lack of interest - due to the kick-off schedule and TV and recent circumstances - the bus has been cancelled. The Wee Man is gutted, was to be his 1st away game on a bus.

Not sure what I'll do now.

Was taking my nephew on the bus from the Electric Bar, (which meant train south rather than the unpredicatable A9), however due to lack of interest - due to the kick-off schedule and TV and recent circumstances - the bus has been cancelled. The Wee Man is gutted, was to be his 1st away game on a bus.

Not sure what I'll do now.

Special, I don't know how difficult this might be but can't you both get a train to Dundee?

Im gonna watch it on the telly. Cant see us winning this game tbh. They're fighting for their very exsistance and we're a bunch of spineless gutless fuds. Im really pissed off with my team at the moment. :wallbash:

Quite how the players are spineless gutless fuds escapes me? Sure they have been poor by our early season standards. If you want to vent your anger - aim it at the spineless gutless ex Manager who is in charge at Aberdeen.

Players need guidance and hopefully Stuart McCall can provide that. We know what the players are capable of and if they continue to play well below their standard for the remainder of the season then I will agree with you 100%. IMHO I think you are being a tad harsh and hasty in your criticism.

Quite how the players are spineless gutless fuds escapes me?

A complicated one Iain, and I don't know if there's a single answer to this issue. Some players may be on a downer for some reason - transfer issues/change of manager; others may be suffering from an injury or illness and yes some may simply not have an aggressive/determined character. Theres many a player failed because although they have talent they lack character. Some lads may appear to lack motivation but its a case that they know their own limitations and are reluctant to do anything outwith their comfort zone.

Its Stuart McCall's job to get to know each of his charges individually and find out what makes them tick. Those he can't motivate he moves on.

Have rarely missed our annual away tie in the Cup, but current form, journey time, costs, Sunday, early kick-off, live on TV = Stay home.

+1

There was about a 10% chance I would have made the effort purely as it is the Scottish. But tbh it isn't exactly a quality 3rd(4th) round game, like Stranraer or what Inverurie should have been.

The game on telly just makes the decision even easier. A no brainer.

There was about a 10% chance I would have made the effort purely as it is the Scottish. But tbh it isn't exactly a quality 3rd(4th) round game, like Stranraer or what Inverurie should have been.

The game on telly just makes the decision even easier. A no brainer.

Aye, so you've said...

If in the unlikely event we reach the final tie, content to sit and watch on tv? No brainer?

Aye, so you've said...

If in the unlikely event we reach the final tie, content to sit and watch on tv? No brainer?

That's not what I said at all. If we get to the final I'll be there, obviously. How is not going to the 4th round game in January saying I won't be at a final if we get there?

The apathy surrounding Scottish football and Motherwell is immense at the moment, I am not alone!

That's not what I said at all. If we get to the final I'll be there, obviously. How is not going to the 4th round game in January saying I won't be at a final if we get there?

The apathy surrounding Scottish football and Motherwell is immense at the moment, I am not alone!

Gloryhunter? :P Further compounds the problem no?

Understanding of the apathy surrounding football countrywide, but, there are those both with or without the resources who wish to attend games, don't bleat either.

:doh: gobsmacked ------ just had my mind made up for me.

To travel with Scotrail to Dundee, (approx 120miles away), and arrive before 1:15pm on Sunday 9th January :-

Depart Elgin - Sat 8th Jan 21:36hrs :doh:

Arrive Inverness - Sat 8th Jan 22:24hrs

Depart Inverness - Sun 9th Jan 09:40hrs

Arrive Perth - Sun 9th Jan 11:57hrs

Depart Perth - Sun 9th Jan 12:47hrs

Arrive Dundee - Sun 9th Jan 13:10hrs

Train Fare- £77.50 :O:O And that's not counting my overnight in Inverness, 40 miles in the wrong direction :doh:

Incredible

I'll not be there to watch yet another lower league club knock us out the cup. Been to Dens 4 times in my life and we've drawn one and lost 3 of these so with that record you'll be pleased I won't be going.

Maybe if the players gave a fuck and/or could actually pass the ball to each other things would be different....

:evilgrin: gobsmacked ------ just had my mind made up for me.

To travel with Scotrail to Dundee, (approx 120miles away), and arrive before 1:15pm on Sunday 9th January :-

Depart Elgin - Sat 8th Jan 21:36hrs :evilgrin:

Arrive Inverness - Sat 8th Jan 22:24hrs

Depart Inverness - Sun 9th Jan 09:40hrs

Arrive Perth - Sun 9th Jan 11:57hrs

Depart Perth - Sun 9th Jan 12:47hrs

Arrive Dundee - Sun 9th Jan 13:10hrs

Train Fare- £77.50 :mad::O And that's not counting my overnight in Inverness, 40 miles in the wrong direction :evilgrin:

Incredible

Whit nae trains frae Aberdeen then? :whistling:

No show for me. I've missed some cup games over the years but it was always down to work. Sunday, I'm just not going. Fed up with the whole shooting match, not Motherwell. I'll probably have it on the telly in the background but not that bothered about the game at all.

Oh, and to answer the question of whether I'll bother should we make the final, not in my current frame of mind. Have already pretty much decided to give the league cup semi a miss. Don't really have the enthusiasm for it, and this thread has shown I'm not the only one...

No show for me. I've missed some cup games over the years but it was always down to work. Sunday, I'm just not going. Fed up with the whole shooting match, not Motherwell. I'll probably have it on the telly in the background but not that bothered about the game at all.

Oh, and to answer the question of whether I'll bother should we make the final, not in my current frame of mind. Have already pretty much decided to give the league cup semi a miss. Don't really have the enthusiasm for it, and this thread has shown I'm not the only one...

You'll be sitting rom 12.00pm waiting for K.O..... :whistling: