Stephen Craigan

Burn_Broomfield

By fuck did Gannon have Craggs sussed. Before anyone gives me the NI story, if a pro footballer is incapable of playing a legible pass then by fuck serious questions must be asked? Leaving out him being out of position a good % of the time, his distribution of a football is amongst the worst I have ever seen from a pro footballer.

On a side note: Canning is actually the worst player I have ever seen, decent junior teams would tell him to gtf, no player should ever be a pro with a touch like his.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never been a big fan of craigan,but he doesnt get that many caps with NI for being an idiot,which amazes me that at one one point that he kept jonny evans out the NI defence and had torres an rooney in his back pocket in two of there qualifying games at one point(no drugs have influenced this statement).the last 6 games at least for us he has been a bombscare,just about costing a goal a game,which isnt helping reynolds either at the moment.His `il take everything in our half` attitude, with the end result 9/10 ending up a opposition throw in or goal kick,is not good enough.

but having being a critic of his for many years since even before mcghee,he has motherwell at heart and is a great leader,and if he doesnt play,the rest of the team dont play,at times as much is he is a `man down`,my opinion is we need him for motherwell to play.

also the canning statement is spot on,how he ever made it as a footballer is beyond me,he would struggle to get a game with my amatuer team.

but having being a critic of his for many years since even before mcghee,he has motherwell at heart and is a great leader,and if he doesnt play,the rest of the team dont play,at times as much is he is a `man down`,my opinion is we need him for motherwell to play.

Sums it up to be honest. Still not a defender within his class in the team.

Reynolds can't lead the defence - not to mention has cost us more goals in the last few seasons than Craggs has, and well Hutchinson, although becoming the new pin-up for the man lovers on this site (poor Lasley, must be too old now) has not proven himself at all.

I watched the game on Alba last night, and yes he made some mistakes (as did pretty much everyone else on the park) but he did put in a good few fantastic passes.

Watch the game again and you will see how he positioned himself well and (for the most part) got the ball where he wanted it to be.

Big fan of Craggs.

Craggs has been one of our better players and ok he makes some mistakes but what player doesnt. I think he is one of the players at the club you either love or hate him. He isnt blessed with great pace and yes he does he caught out if he pushes to far up the park but overall i think he has been a great servent to the club :whistling:

I watched the game on Alba last night, and yes he made some mistakes (as did pretty much everyone else on the park) but he did put in a good few fantastic passes.

Watch the game again and you will see how he positioned himself well and (for the most part) got the ball where he wanted it to be.

Big fan of Craggs.

He can only go if someone wants to buy him. We can't just get rid of a player with a year left on his contract.

By fuck did Gannon have Craggs sussed. Before anyone gives me the NI story, if a pro footballer is incapable of playing a legible pass then by fuck serious questions must be asked?

has charlies nicholas stole cloudy's log in?

craggs was one of the better players against rangers and celtic, far too early to be writing him off.

Motherwells best player yesterday and if he could head a ball towards goal would have been victory

Agreed. And it looks like we're in for a long,hard slog until the end of the season. Will need as many as possible up for the fight, and Craigan definitely comes into that category.

Will need as many as possible up for the fight, and Craigan definitely comes into that category.

What he lacks in skill, he more than makes up for with his passion for the game. He never will be the greatest defender in the world, and if he was, he wouldn’t be playing for us. For what it’s worth, along with Lasley he has been one of the better performers in what has been a dire time for us.

What he lacks in skill, he more than makes up for with his passion for the game. He never will be the greatest defender in the world, and if he was, he wouldn't be playing for us. For what it's worth, along with Lasley he has been one of the better performers in what has been a dire time for us.

Stephen Craigan has been a loyal servant but he's getting ever slower and we should be looking to give him a back seat role next season - perhaps filling in as and when. His experience could be useful.

Keith Lasley - I don't see what others see in him. Yes, hes a 100% player and always was but he's been pretty anonymous for much of this season - didn't show yesterday or against Rangers (maybe against Celtic too - I wasn't there). He's played well in short spells but thats been it. He was meant to be shielding our defence in the past few games but has been simply bulldozed by bigger and more aggresive opponents. Decent squad player, but no more.

Stephen Craigan has been a loyal servant ......we should be looking to give him a back seat role next season - perhaps filling in as and when. His experience could be useful.

This is what I feel should happen. Given that Reynolds is unlikely to be with us next season we'll need some experienced cover. I'm sure Saunders, Hutchinson and Page will prove good SPL players but all 3 are still relatively inexperienced.

One of the worst 'Well captains in my lifetime.

I'd go with something along the lines of this.

I'm not getting into the debate of if he has passed it or not but its the captain side of things that really gets to me. (Actually, if I hear the "50 caps for NI again I will cry. Loovens has Dutch caps, woooo weeeee).

Off the field, he does what he does and does it well (AFAIK). But on the park, he has to concentrate on his game THAT much he forgets he needs to keep the players focused, keep them fighting, etc. Randomly clapping your hands once in a while is not being a leader or being a motivator on the park. We don't have a lot of choice but if someone like Jennings said stick your foot in then you wouldn't really say no to him.

Also, just because he has the club at heart shouldn't be a reason alone for him to stay captain. <_>

Got my fire hose at the ready for being shot down in flames.. :D

Have said it for sometime he needs to take a back seat. Totally disagree that he has been one of our better players lately. In my opinion he invites pressure onto us with his shocking distribution and as others have said he is less than pacy. At times he is to easily shoved out the way as well.

Give some of the young lads a chance.

Craigan has been a great servant to the club (still is) but I think we need to look to the future.

I'd go with something along the lines of this.

I'm not getting into the debate of if he has passed it or not but its the captain side of things that really gets to me. (Actually, if I hear the "50 caps for NI again I will cry. Loovens has Dutch caps, woooo weeeee).

Off the field, he does what he does and does it well (AFAIK). But on the park, he has to concentrate on his game THAT much he forgets he needs to keep the players focused, keep them fighting, etc. Randomly clapping your hands once in a while is not being a leader or being a motivator on the park. We don't have a lot of choice but if someone like Jennings said stick your foot in then you wouldn't really say no to him.

Also, just because he has the club at heart shouldn't be a reason alone for him to stay captain. <_>

Got my fire hose at the ready for being shot down in flames.. :D

won,t get shot down in flames from me mate.

i think he has gone backwards very quickly

like most of our players i think they are playing with the fear factor

their next mistake may cost us the game,hoof it up the park and let someone else deal

with it