Dundee Game

RoscoDee

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the players fail to pull out a spirited and professional performance on Sunday then it really will set alarm bells ringing. Hopefully McCall has an assistant in before the end of the week.

2-2.

You think we'll score 2 goals when they havn't conceded in 2 moths and had 5 consecutive cleansheets? Very optimistic!!

Think we'll get beaten, the first division is very under rated. :whistling:

You think we'll score 2 goals when they havn't conceded in 2 moths and had 5 consecutive cleansheets? Very optimistic!!
They have only played 5 games in the last 2 months so they are really both the same stat.

Think we'll get beaten, the first division is very under rated. :whistling:
I don't think the first division is underrated at all - that is why I would like to see more representation in an expanded SPL. However, facing guys like Humphrey will be a new experience for their defence and can definitely create chances.

For the first time in forty odd years years i,m not champing at the bit at the start of our Scottish cup campaign.Lucky enough to have the cash to go,not bothered about getting put out by a so called smaller team, should be a good day out and a good cup tie and never been one to sit and watch a well game on tv when i can actually be there.So whats the problem.. I just cannae be fucked with scottish football anymore.Its not worth my time.I sat freezing my nuts off at that accies game thinking wtf. Thats two hours of my life im not getting back.I can put up with shite stadiums,pish up to yer ankles,gobshite stewards and fuckwit refs but when my entrance money is going to 22 c***s that cannae string two passes together and who ponce about in dayglow boots and fucking hair gel , well ye can stick that up yer ronson lighter.Every club is full of players who care more about where their next new sports car is coming from than pulling on the jersey,they're all too busy trying to get as near to the promised land of "Premiership wages" to give a fuck about anything else. Football is fucked and so is my enthusiasm for it.

Aye we could have selection problems, although if we win they'll disappear. :rolleyes:

If Blackman doesn't re-appear then the choice of personnel in midfield and up front will be absolutely crucial. John Sutton is a useful player but isn't mobile enough to be a target man and Jamie Murphy is too lightweight. Casagolda may be talented (?) but appears lightweight. Bob McHugh has shown little so far to warrant a starting place.

We have no out and out attacking central midfielder and Jenno, Lasley and Hately are all variations on a defensive theme.

Time to Stuart McCall to earn his corn!

Why all the negative predictions, we will win, i cant see it being a classic but i think we will be too strong for them, i am going for 2-0 to the well.

Dundee are playing well few clean sheets but the standard in Div 1 is not as good as the SPL so you cant compare like for like, would they have had 5 clean sheets in a row playing Hearts, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Rangers etc i think not.

We have a tough January and Feb that will make or break our season and this is the game to get the momentum started with a good win. :rolleyes:

mon the Well

Why all the negative predictions, we will win, i cant see it being a classic but i think we will be too strong for them, i am going for 2-0 to the well.

Dundee are playing well few clean sheets but the standard in Div 1 is not as good as the SPL so you cant compare like for like, would they have had 5 clean sheets in a row playing Hearts, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Rangers etc i think not.

We have a tough January and Feb that will make or break our season and this is the game to get the momentum started with a good win. :evilgrin:

mon the Well

Must admit, i have been to a few first division games this season and 2 of which Dundee were playing and, unfortionatelly have to admit that the football i saw from a few teams was better than the standard i have been watching at Fir Park recently!!

Close game but i think Dundee will edge it 2-1 :(

Like this from Rab Douglas.....

Rab' was a 'Well fan as a youngster and particularly enjoyed following then to cup ties "I had a few fond days following Motherwell in the Scottish Cup years ago, I went to watch them royally hump United in the '91 final" he laughed "I played with Phil O'Donnell when I was under 16s and he scored the winner in that final so it was fantastic, and Ally Maxwell was just sensational that day - football's all about giving you memories"

Douglas

For some reason I don't feel so down about this game. A close game and I think we will win it 1-0.

Looks like Blackman won't have made a decision yet and Gow, according to the other thread, won't be there. Saunders doubtful so we probably will be looking at...

Randolph

Hateley - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

Humph - Jennings - Lasley - Fitz

Sutton- Murphy

The worst thing from a footballing point of view with the tight schedule we have (due to the weather) is for for there to be a replay. Therefore, sod's law says that is what will happen.

I predict a repeat of Tynecastle 3 years ago. We will go 2 down and pull it back late to get a draw.

Then we will win the replay which will probably be 18 or 19 January.

The worst thing from a footballing point of view with the tight schedule we have (due to the weather) is for for there to be a replay. Therefore, sod's law says that is what will happen.

I predict a repeat of Tynecastle 3 years ago. We will go 2 down and pull it back late to get a draw.

Then we will win the replay which will probably be 18 or 19 January.

....then go out to a First Division team in the next round :cheers::wallbash: