Time To Go On Strike

Amber_nectar

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for fans to stand up and be counted. I think all fans should walk out of their next league game at half time. Don't buy food or programmes. I am sick to the back teeth of the SFA and the SPL.

Pointless as you have already paid to get in and it was only the money they were after - not your opinion!

What difference does it make if you walk out at half time? They've already got your £22, that's all they give a fuck about.

Just don't bother turning up in the first place, that's the road I'll be taking.

I've missed a load of games in the first half of the season because of work, but that was sorting itself out in the second half with Saturdays off when we are at home, but I'll be keeping my money to myself.

An empty stadium after half time time might make them realise that we are not going to sit back and let them do this to us. I don't want to take my money away from Motherwell. I just want to show people what Fir Park will be like when we get our 10 team league. Although we will probably end up in the fist division anyway. If we walk out at half time the only money Motherwell will lose will be pie and bovril money.

An empty stadium after half time time might make them realise that we are not going to sit back and let them do this to us. I don't want to take my money away from Motherwell. I just want to show people what Fir Park will be like when we get our 10 team league. Although we will probably end up in the fist division anyway. If we walk out at half time the only money Motherwell will lose will be pie and bovril money.

Quite a scary sentence that.

We're due one of them seasons - will probably be the year of the cut

Any sort of protest at Hampden would fall on death ears for a few reasons. The main reason for that is the headquarters of the mongs that have come up with this idea are based at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Fir Park, Easter Road and St Mirren Park - the SPL Board actually were pushing for a larger league for much of the discussions. SPL Big Wigs (Neil Doncaster etc.) are not to blame for this.

Mon the Hearts and Dundee United going against the grain and showing the likes of Motherwell and Hibs what it is like to actually listen to fans!

Quite a scary sentence that.

We're due one of them seasons - will probably be the year of the cut

10 team league makes it much more likely for a number of teams now. What will it be now............one down and a four team play off to decide the other place in the SPL?

If this actually goes through I will be absolutely mortified. Do they not realise that the fans dont want this and Scottish football is already a lost cause. Just us let it carry on the way it is, two leagues of ten is gonna make fuck all difference!! I just hope this doesnt lead to the complete demise of scottish football. If attendances and income does become extremely bad, I wouldnt put it past Rangers and Celtic to go down south, not even to the Premier League but start at League 2. Scottish Football is already dire enough, dont they realise!! :doh::doh:

10 team league makes it much more likely for a number of teams now. What will it be now............one down and a four team play off to decide the other place in the SPL?

Which how can they say playoffs cannot decide League Champions as one team can be about 20 points clear but they can decide top league place - are teams in the SPL2 not going to be more than 20 points by any chance? What a fucking disaster.

Last one out turn off the lights and lock the door behind them...

The main argument put forward by the committee for a 10 team set up is finance.

Just how poorer off would teams be if they opted for a bigger league? And has anyone produced a set of figures to back up their claim?

Neil Doncaster also spoke of the economic argument against a 16 or 18-team top division, saying it would "involve the decimation of finances in Scottish football".

"The cake gets much smaller and is cut into more slices," he added.

"There would be fewer games and there is no doubt, from a TV point of view, there would be less money coming into the game."

Why be afraid to rob Motherwell of your money.

They are as guilty as anyone if this goes through.

Fuck the lot of them.

Guilty than most in theory...

I bet you one thing, if we had a bigger league and we played Hamilton at New Year, there would be by far more than 3000 punters at the game. Derby games would be even bigger, and more important than they are now. Even the Old Firm game would be a bigger draw than it is now if it only happened twice a season.

It makes me want to cry that those who run our game think this is a good idea. Every single person in charge of an SPL football club should be locked up and never allowed to discuss this sport again. Cunts the lot of them.