Inverness On Saturday.

postiejim

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of a mixed bag of a game today,

first half we were pish Murphy and Hammy played good down the left but down the right again nothing,

Hately played better today than pervious games but as always Humph didn't look to assured until 20-25 mins into it when he started to get to grips with their defence....but still wasnt effective apart from about 3 times the whole game

Hutch was great and its good to see him out there again after so long hopefully he can learn from Craigan and improve. Second half was miles better but i felt Jennings went off the boil a bit.

Sutton again played a good game and im starting to take to him more every week.

But the main point is Forbes got found out again, is he too scared to use his right foot? i know he has one somewhere but instead of a simple pass with the right he would try the awkward left which put the team under pressure a few times, he didn't look to comfortable at all when he had the ball and he seemed to be swollowed up by ICT's midfield and was just lost.

Either he needs a prolonged run in the team to get his confidence back or he needs to screw the nut on it and play right because we all know he has the skill and talent to be productive but he's a bomb scare right now.

I enjoyed todays game, ok the weather meant both team struggled but I seen a lot worse on a bright sunny day

highlight of the day was me and my mate singing 'there's only Richie Foran' after he missed the best chance of the game

with ICT away record I happy with a draw today

I enjoyed todays game, ok the weather meant both team struggled but I seen a lot worse on a bright sunny day

highlight of the day was me and my mate singing 'there's only Richie Foran' after he missed the best chance of the game

with ICT away record I happy with a draw today

i dont understand why some folk were booing Foran i dont see what he done to upset motherwell fans

Goal difference might count for a lot come the shake up end of season. -1 we are just now, compared to Saint Johnstone -12, Aberdeen -17 and Hibs -14.

No shake up would happen until season 2012-13 although do you mean the split this season? Either way I think we need to look at a top 8 finish as a possibilty. Dun Utd have played 3 games less than us and they are only 1 point behind. It is only a matter of time before Aberdeen overtake us as well. At least finishing 8th gives us a 'seeded' place in the League Cup next season. Yes......that is how optimistic I am about this season's league campaign.

Just back,

Improved secong half, I dont think in general were miles away as a team, but there are certainly some weak points, that continually the play breaks down on.

Strong points were Murphy, Lasley and Hutchison (he wins some amount of headers!) one mistake but not played in ages. Weak points Forbes, Humphrey and dare I say Sutton.

Think Casagolda looked ok when he came on, to be honest I would play McHugh instead of Humphrey, next time out and new signing for Forbes.

Impressed with Randolph and Hutchinson today. Imo Randolph was possibly the best thing Brown did for us. He has been so good for us in the last six months he has almost made Ruddy's time with us look average. Surprised, he doesn't get the recognition he clearly deserves. My player of the season so far. One mistake aside Hutch had an almost faultless performance. I hope Lasley is not injured. We will miss him in the centre although the young lad Meechan didn't disgrace himself.

Humphrey again was highly, highly, frustrating. One or two on here are blind towards him for whatever reason but anyone objectively and with zero bias looking at him can see he has pace and one or two obvious tricks (which other SPL mangers have been wise to since Tynecastle) and very little else. Even when he does get past a man his crossing is some of the worst I have seen. At this level 1 game changing performance in 5 would be considered not good enough. Humphrey hasn't had two decent games in the SPL in the last 16 or so. If we DID have other options he would be dropped. The fact we have to persevere with him means many of our problems down the right will continue.

Forbes was poor as well. I pretty much said everything I could today after the Dun Utd match on Wednesday.

given the amount of bookings craigan is picking up recently, i wont be long before he's resting anyhow.

Can't be far off a suspension now. A lot of his bookings, like today, are just down to him being slow.

Weather conditions made it really tough. Overall a bit disappointing but both teams had their chances but just not the killer instinct though we were blessed that Randolph seemed to be stopping everything today - that passage of play that came from one of their corners about 30 minutes was unbelievable.

Quality of the game was poor but better players than the ones on show would have struggled with the wind. Don't think anyone had an especially poor game. Forbes had his moments and a couple of times he played the right pass but those around weren't on the same wavelength making him look a tit. But he is so bloody slow.

Given they had the best two chances and our virtually untested centre half pairings its probably a better point than it looks. Cutting edge is awol though.

I thought there were a few positives from todays game.

Murphy was great again with this free-role he has been getting. Big Sutton might not be the biggest or the quickest but he gives his all. Big Randy in goal had another belter.

I thought Big Hutchison was solid at the back considering how long since his last start. He had Adam Rooney in his back pocket all game. And he looked comfortable on the ball.

BUT... :wacko:

Chris Humphrey should start playing like a winger (knock the ball up the by-line and run like fuck) Instead he tries to cut inside and a couple of times I felt he should be running the line, he was jogging, waiting on a pass to feet!!! :whistling:;):wallbash:

It was a fair 0 - 0. Both the Well and ICT had their chances but couldn't take them...

Oh and the weather! Bring on Summer Fitba!!!

Humphrey again was highly, highly, frustrating. One or two on here are blind towards him for whatever reason but anyone objectively and with zero bias looking at him can see he has pace and one or two obvious tricks (which other SPL mangers have been wise to since Tynecastle) and very little else. Even when he does get past a man his crossing is some of the worst I have seen. At this level 1 game changing performance in 5 would be considered not good enough. Humphrey hasn't had two decent games in the SPL in the last 16 or so. If we DID have other options he would be dropped. The fact we have to persevere with him means many of our problems down the right will continue.

Couldn't agree more! I dont think ive ever seen humph play a good game.

In my opinion i have noticed a few things about his game.

Now everyone knows he has some amount of pace, why does he not use it? i see him losing foot races, i see him running at 50% when backtracking. When he takes someone on he slows down (and lets the defender get into position) then does that stupid thing where he kinda dances about with the ball using his limited skills and messes up and loses control....ball lost Motherwell

If he has all the pace in the world why cant he knock it by someone and run onto it? or run into the box where he can get fouled and taken down.

His crossing is some of the worst ive ever seen i know Knox and broon were working on it but doesn't look like it worked! he couldnt even deliver a Pizza let alone a cross

?

Shoot me down if you want pro humph fans, but be honest....what has he done lately?

How many bookings is a suspension? Seven?

Craggs only has 4 yellows in the league this season. Really then depends on what for, but at worst, it'd be 12 just now.

3.7.1 When a player has accumulated a total of 18 or more penalty points in a League competition during a season, or of any extension thereof, he will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with a Fixed Scale of Suspensions as provided for in Paragraph 3.7.2.

3.7.2 On accumulating 18 penalty points in a League competition, a player will automatically incur a suspension for a number of matches, starting with one match for his first 18 penalty points, and increasing by one match for each

successive 18 points accumulation, within a two season period. In effect, a player's record over the current season and the immediately preceding season will be taken into account.

2.1 Unsporting Behaviour

a) Obstruction involving bodily contact 2

b) Deliberately tripping 3

c) Recklessly dangerous play 3

d) Deliberately playing an opponent's leg or legs 3

e) Adopting a threatening and/or aggressive attitude 3

f) Holding or pushing an opponent 3

g) Time Wasting 3

h) Shirt pulling, etc. 3

i) Handling the ball deliberately 2

j) Feigning injury 3

k) Simulation 3

l) Action(s) deemed by the referee to be inflammatory 3

m) All other offences deemed by the referee to be unsporting behaviour 1

2.2 Dissent by Word or Action 3

2.3. Persistently infringing the Laws of the Game 3

2.4 Delays the restart of play or fails to respect the required

distance at the restart of play 1

2.5 Entering or re-entering or leaving the field of play without

the referee's permission 1

It was a very dour game in the main, with both teams having wee spells of pressure but neither side doing enough to deserve the win. From a Motherwell point of view we did defend pretty well for most of the game, and big Randy had a few great stops.

Going forward we didn't show much to be honest, apart from a few bursts here and there. Its clear we desperately need attacking reinforcements as thats now 404 minutes since our last SPL goal.

Happy with a clean sheet, as on many occasions we could've lost a sloppy goal and got nothing, so that is one positive at least.

shite game we created very few chances if we dont start improving we could get sucked into a relegation battle whats worrying is that there doesnt seem to be to many signs that we can turn our league form around

Really don't see that happening to be honest. We are safe this season imo. For me 6th place right now would be grand. Would be more than happy with that.

We are 13 points ahead of Accies and they only have 12 on the board. No way Accies, St Mirren, AND Hibs are all going to have a good second half of the season (alongside us failing to pick up points).

If we can actually get it right against Hibs next week, two down with two defeats which never shoud have been, then I think that'd see them sucked down with Hamilton right to the end of the season. They had the odd flash today, but overall, are perhaps the most defensively gash side in the SPL.

I've been going to Fir Park pretty much constantly for 16 seasons, and to most of the away games in that time. Today I missed a fair chunk of the game even though I was sitting in the Cooper Stand, because I was busy playing Angry Birds on my phone. That's how bad it's become.

This isn't a Motherwell-related point....Scottish football is absolutely woeful, and it's actually got to the stage where almost every ground in the league will almost definitely have guys sitting in the crowd who are better at football than a good few of the guys that are on the pitch.

My Season Ticket will obviously see me to the end of the season given that i've paid for it already, but verrrryyyyy close to chucking it after that.

The area around FP should be closed to traffic for 15 - 20 mins after the games to allow the fans to leave safely...surprised it hasn't happened before.

It was, complaints from those who pay for parking at Knowetop school on matchday went a long way to stopping the sensible solution...

I think we would have won had ross forbes not been on the park.It's a disgrace that someone as bad as that gets a game.I watched him closely today and he just hides and runs away from the ball,he doesn,t want it and when he gets it he just passes it straight back to whoever gave him it,either that or he just humphs it up the park to get rid.I think we should punt him,he's never going to be a footballer. :D:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: