Inverness On Saturday.

postiejim

I'm going to be a wee bit optomistic here and say that im hopefull of getting better players in than the one's who've left none of whom in my opinion (and remember Blackman didn't try a leg for our last 4 games before he left) will be greatly missed. We need new players and now Stuart McCall has a lot to do as well as getting a decent number 2 to work with the players at training. Today we showed fighting spirit in a game previous Motherwell teams would 've lost and heavily (remember David Bingham casually chipping in Livinstone's 4th goal against us when we were struggling a few sesons ago). Anyway my point is that we're in a transition period now as we've lost a manager and 4 players. No team in the world could go through that without hitting turbulance. WE'LL BE BACK!!! We've lots left to play for this season and the players and the fans must play their part. If we get 4 decent players in we can still have a good season. I honestly thought we'd get gubbed today and delighted we didn't. :D

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather killed it a good bit today, considering that both teams tried to pass the ball and make a game of but due to said weather, lack of ability/control meant that it wasn't the best of games to watch, that being kind.

Positives - big Hutch, great to see him back always liked the guy and actually prefer him to Reynolds much better in the air, more composed on the ball apart from the mistake, and a lot more productive distribution of the ball..

Murphy was good, some of the balls that he managed to get to and the shift that he put in was spot on, a few sclafs at the ball though at the end of some good work. We should be well worried about losing him.

Randolf - one of the best things that Brown did for us, excellent keeper, good shot stopper and composed at claiming ball in the box.

Lots of people don't rate him, but would like to see Casagolda given more of a chance.

Getting well fucked off with Hately and Humphrey, Hately looks like he doesn't want to be here and Humphrey is a one trick pony that has been sussed out by every other team in the league. Get some fucking confidense FFS use your pace as you can't beat a man any other way then get you foot around the fucking ball and put the fuckin cross in.

At least McCall looks to be trying to play the game the right way and trying to pass the ball on the deck.

A point after how we having been playing isn't a disaster, really need to get 3 points from Hibs game.

Notice a few people daring to have a go at Forbes on here, just wait for the FDL to set about you. He didn't do anything at all today to change my opinion of him.

Brutal game - like all have been since Brown left.

Best chances fell to ICT and they should have won. We created nothing and from now on it is going to a long hard season.

Only Accies and St Mirren and possibly Hibs will stop us from being relegated.

Not convinced McCall has it tactically. Team seems to be playing as badly as when Young was in charge.

Went today but that is it for me. Far better things to spend money on than shite like that every week.

Boyle better show some ambition. Only 3700 bothered to turn up.

Not one player in a well jersey worth watching.

I'm going to be a wee bit optomistic here and say that im hopefull of getting better players in than the one's who've left none of whom in my opinion (and remember Blackman didn't try a leg for our last 4 games before he left) will be greatly missed. We need new players and now Stuart McCall has a lot to do as well as getting a decent number 2 to work with the players at training. Today we showed fighting spirit in a game previous Motherwell teams would 've lost and heavily (remember David Bingham casually chipping in Livinstone's 4th goal against us when we were struggling a few sesons ago). Anyway my point is that we're in a transition period now as we've lost a manager and 4 players. No team in the world could go through that without hitting turbulance. WE'LL BE BACK!!! We've lots left to play for this season and the players and the fans must play their part. If we get 4 decent players in we can still have a good season. I honestly thought we'd get gubbed today and delighted we didn't. :D

I'd be very surprised if we get that many.

Brutal game - like all have been since Brown left.Best chances fell to ICT and they should have won. We created nothing and from now on it is going to a long hard season.

Not convinced McCall has it tactically. Team seems to be playing as badly as when Young was in charge.

Went today but that is it for me. Far better things to spend money on than shite like that every week.

Football was worse under Brown imo. Results were better though.

Brutal game - like all have been since Brown left.

Best chances fell to ICT and they should have won. We created nothing and from now on it is going to a long hard season.

Last time he did that his bank account got hit for about 10 million so don't hold your breath on that front.

BRUTAL !

Humphrey was not the worse by a long shot. Get off the boys back FFS. He created our best chance bar none today and was at least willing to take on his man which is more than be said for some out there today!

Game started off promising, we were first to every ball and some no prisoners challenges from people like Jenno and Hammell. However, the rot set in, helped in no part by the conditions. Last 30 minutes was end to end like a cup tie, however we had no killer instinct in front of goal.

Front two didn't do their jobs, however Murphy showed sparks of his ability in the second half, they were below par for him. He's possibly only guilty of setting the bar very high to date.

Jenno was on course for man of the match but his prominence in the game tailed off, along with the quality of his passing. I thought Forbes played OK when you consider his usage so far this season, his confidence level and the fact he runs like a goose. He may be a fine addition to a 5 man midfield, however we don't have the tools to accommodate that (well at least for two weeks).

I thought Hutchison looked composed (apart) from the slip and a welcome inclusion to the team. His height and build will be invaluable against some of the bulkier attacks we will face. Still a bit of a higher pulse rate whenever Craigan is involved.

However, the one major over-riding issue I have (and why I included the quote) was Humphrey. I'm not bothered about his 1 in 3 ratio of decent balls to poor ones, but his last cross when he had so much time to pick out his man and failed was woeful. I'm sorry but he needs to step up in training over the next few weeks and work on his off the ball movement and tactical awareness.

He hasn't really contributed in any way since the St Johnstone game, to be fair to him, neither has most of the team, so there has been no reason for me to highlight his performances over theirs. However we played a poor Dundee in the Cup last week and pillaged them but to me he wasn't really involved.

Today he was fouled and ref dished out a yellow to a Caley player, 10 seconds before he was rooted to the halfway line waiting for the ball to come to him - this was more annoying as it was the 3rd/4th time it happened. I couldn't understand this as running the line with a ball over the top is how he was getting calls for the dark blue jersey on here from some.

To be absolutely fair I don't really think the game should have been allowed to go on as the wind, rain and underfoot conditions made trying to play football a bit of a lottery. Some credit has to go to both sets of players for actually managing to play something resembling a football match.

Hutchison was a big plus point and if he can keep himself free of injury then he can be a big player for us. I thought that Forbes should not have started the game today given the conditions and his lack of speed and stamina but could have bee used as a sub for later in the game.

Big Randolph certainly earned his pay packet (again) and I hope we can hang onto him.

Fair play to the 3700 odd who turned up...Me? Well i just couldnt be arsed leaving the house. (Glad i didnt)

And it begins... Not often we fall below our 'core' of 4,000 odds for a run of the mill Saturday league game. But after plenty on here (myself included) admitting that it is just becoming a chore going to watch SPL football the crowd figure doesn't surprise me.

With guys like Al B on this thread only going because the ST is paid up and considering chucking it, the next few seasons could see most league games played in front of 3,000 crowds. Scary times, Scottish football needs sorted. But the fact no fans are going to games is NO reason to make radical changes, is it SPL? -_-

BRUTAL !

Humphrey was not the worse by a long shot. Get off the boys back FFS. He created our best chance bar none today and was at least willing to take on his man which is more than be said for some out there today!

Thank you Scarecrow... at last, he was not the worse, but i suppose most would notice him more than others....There were a few today that did not perform, the conditions were poor and that did not help, its a point look onwards and upwards.

The usual suspects on his back, but when they never come up with a solution, what good is that to us, Yea dump him on the bench... what will that achieve... Nothing. WE DONT HAVE any other options that will improve the team... We should of scored today... but we never.... but the chance was created never the less, Humps mis hit that cross at the death... so what it happens, to everyone not just him. OFF HIS BACK.

We are top six.......Still in the Cups....and Still in with a chance of Europe.... untill we are out of the top 6 and out of the Cups....the Season is still alive, athough listening to most of you its over already.... Be Bloody positve FFS.

And it begins... Not often we fall below our 'core' of 4,000 odds for a run of the mill Saturday league game. But after plenty on here (myself included) admitting that it is just becoming a chore going to watch SPL football the crowd figure doesn't surprise me.

With guys like Al B on this thread only going because the ST is paid up and considering chucking it, the next few seasons could see most league games played in front of 3,000 crowds. Scary times, Scottish football needs sorted. But the fact no fans are going to games is NO reason to make radical changes, is it SPL? -_-

Spot on.

We actually had to force ourselves to leave Jack Daniels and walk to Fir Park at 3.15pm today. And I wish I'd just stayed in the boozer to be perfectly honest.

Long gone are the days when I wouldn't miss a home game for absolutely anything. I'm opting for a mate's birthday Subcrawl next week instead of the Hibs game and I fully expect it to be the first of many home games missed in preference of things far more enjoyable and worthwhile.

Scottish football is tiresome, mind-numbing, and unfortunately just not worth the time, effort or money these days.

Thank you Scarecrow... at last, he was not the worse, but i suppose most would notice him more than others....There were a few today that did not perform, the conditions were poor and that did not help, its a point look onwards and upwards.

The usual suspects on his back, but when they never come up with a solution, what good is that to us, Yea dump him on the bench... what will that achieve... Nothing. WE DONT HAVE any other options that will improve the team... We should of scored today... but we never.... but the chance was created never the less, Humps mis hit that cross at the death... so what it happens, to everyone not just him. OFF HIS BACK.

We are top six.......Still in the Cups....and Still in with a chance of Europe.... untill we are out of the top 6 and out of the Cups....the Season is still alive, athough listening to most of you its over already.... Be Bloody positve FFS.

First part in bold; Why?

Second part in bold; Not having other options is the ONLY thing keeping him in the team. We on here can't sign someone or try other players in his position. What we can do is notice his obvious strengths and weaknesses, discuss them, and draw our own conclusions OBJECTIVELY about his abilities at this level. I'm the first to put my hand up and highlight/admit when he has played well in a match. In my own opinion he hasn't kicked a ball since his good form in the first 4-6 weeks of this season. I WANT Humphrey to be a player. I want him to be ripping defences a new one and attracting attention from Championship manager's. Why wouldn't I? What I'm not going to do is blindly ignore his lack of form due to some personal connection or the fact he is a Motherwell player. In my opinion he is far too inconsistent and has been sussed out by most SPL managers as a fast winger with one or two tricks. Although in your opinion we have to "be a HUMPHREY BELEIVER" and give him time. How much time? Until I see something different he (along with Forbes) will be two players I think McCall could do with looking at fazing out if not in this window, certainly in the summer.

Third part in bold; Crossing has been one of his biggest problems since he joined us. It looked at the start of the season he had made some positive strides in this department but now it seems we are back to square one. His distribution recently has been very poor. Again in my opinion.

Spot on.

We actually had to force ourselves to leave Jack Daniels and walk to Fir Park at 3.15pm today. And I wish I'd just stayed in the boozer to be perfectly honest.

Long gone are the days when I wouldn't miss a home game for absolutely anything. I'm opting for a mate's birthday Subcrawl next week instead of the Hibs game and I fully expect it to be the first of many home games missed in preference of things far more enjoyable and worthwhile.

Scottish football is tiresome, mind-numbing, and unfortunately just not worth the time, effort or money these days.

Can I come? Subcrawls are fucking champion! Some of the shiteholes you end up drinking in are actually quality though as you wouldn't touch them any other day! You done it before? Mind get yourself a Pie, peas and gravy for 85p!! at the Bridge St Boozer (the one the other side of the road from Carling Acadamy) Watch how you go at the Govan one, that's a rough shop - thought we were getting chibbed when we bounced in there and went straight onto the Karaoke, you have to be 6 pints in for that sort of patter because that is extremely wanky behaviour when I think about it!

Anyway, you are right, I used to never be able to imagine missing Saturday games. I would organise holidays, weekends away when we were away to Aberdeen or somewhere I wouldrarely go to. Nowadays if there is fluff in my belly button needing picked out then it is a good enough reason to stay on the couch and pick it rather than going to Fir Park.

Quality of game today was poor. That said it almost got entertaining in patches if never that good.

Hutchison was biggest plus, ok he was a bawhair away from selling the jerseys but 95% of the time he looked solid and an improvement on Reynolds. Hopefully a few games together with Craigan will sort out a decent partnership to at least the end of the season.

Forbes wasn't as bad as feared, even won a couple of tackles. Not quite the playing as if we were a man down of some weeks, with a bit of confidence he could maybe at least be worth having around though we still clearly need a proper left sided midfielder and playing their will never likely do him any favours.

Casagolda again looked ok, nothing to suggest he going to explode into a 20 goal a season striker but composed enough and got involved. Indeed one nice pass which think defender just nicked away before the flag wrongly went up nearly had us clean through. Not suggesting we start him but he maybe not a total write off.

Definately need another forward option though. Sutton is ok but essentially a plodder.

If we can get in the few faces we clearly need then no reason we can't at least compete for top half but we are so done for if they don't come in, we are right down to the bare bones just now.

Can I come? Subcrawls are fucking champion! Some of the shiteholes you end up drinking in are actually quality though as you wouldn't touch them any other day! You done it before? Mind get yourself a Pie, peas and gravy for 85p!! at the Bridge St Boozer (the one the other side of the road from Carling Acadamy) Watch how you go at the Govan one, that's a rough shop - thought we were getting chibbed when we bounced in there and went straight onto the Karaoke, you have to be 6 pints in for that sort of patter because that is extremely wanky behaviour when I think about it!

Aye mate, done a few Subcrawls. Cannae beat it, and it certainly pishes all over the football! We always start at Times Square at St. Enoch, then do the Southside first to get all the scumbag venues out the way when everyone's still sober and unlikely to get themselves into bother, then finish up at Buchanan Street! Some of the pubs are proper health risks but then that's always half the fun!

But aye, no contest for Saturday. Subcrawl over Fir Park every day of the week nowadays!

Christ's sake, here we go again.

My solution to Humphrey is one I suggested about 4 weeks ago and I'm sure you read it as your regular trawls for anything construed as slightly critical, so I'm surprised at your comment.

Just to remind you I suggested that he had been sussed out by the majority of our opposition now, its testament to how he performed in the first 15 games that he's was determined as probably our primary dangerman. I said going forward he now had to look at how to adapt to the added attention and his would be judged how he continued to have an impact going forward.

Unfortunately at present he has hasn't stepped up to that plate and answered the questions that have resurfaced. His tactical awareness today was lacking more so than many of his team-mates in my opinion.

I could dig the post out if you turn all Hugh Dallas on me and claim you never seen it, but I doubt it.

Anyway, you are right, I used to never be able to imagine missing Saturday games. I would organise holidays, weekends away when we were away to Aberdeen or somewhere I wouldrarely go to. Nowadays if there is fluff in my belly button needing picked out then it is a good enough reason to stay on the couch and pick it rather than going to Fir Park.

-_-