Sutton At Ibrox?

Big Stall

A guy sitting across from me has just read out something on 'Rangers rumours' or something along those lines saying they are after John Sutton and have been told we value him at £200k!

As much as I think Sutton does a great job for us, I think it's a sad indightment of the state of Scottish football if the old firm are in for him. Porter, the Juke, yes, but Sutton??

Hopefully its not true and we can get him signed back up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy sitting across from me has just read out something on 'Rangers rumours' or something along those lines saying they are after John Sutton and have been told we value him at £200k!

As much as I think Sutton does a great job for us, I think it's a sad indightment of the state of Scottish football if the old firm are in for him. Porter, the Juke, yes, but Sutton??

Hopefully its not true and we can get him signed back up.

He wont, Rangers are going for bradley wright-phillips

Funny thing is i was on thr hamilton forum yesterday and they were all saying they want sutton

Sutton would be excellent for Rangers. Would score an absolute barrel load. A player that has played for Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell but still manages an average of 1 goal every 3 games in Scotland.

Can't see it though, but shocked it is the first time rumours have flown around regarding the Old Firm and Sutton tbh.

i really cant understand the "anti" John Sutton campaign that goes on in here.

he is totally the type of player we need at our club - I accept his ability may be limited, but his attitude and commitment to the club are 100% spot on

we should be doing all we can to keep him

(200k.......if we only got 100k for Wattie, absolutely no chance)

Actually that is about the amount I'd expect for an out of contract striker compared to an out of contract defender. Strikers are always more expensive than defenders, especially if it is likely the club that are buying are about to lose their top goal scorer for the second time in 6 months....

he is totally the type of player we need at our club - I accept his ability may be limited, but his attitude and commitment to the club are 100% spot on

100% agree. I also think Sutton's the perfect foil for a player like Murphy. He's good in the air, wins the majority of knock downs that he goes for and has an eye for goal as well. Couple that with Murph's ability to run with the ball and a bit of pace and you've got the makings of a very good strike force there.

This is what is said on Rangers rumours....

Rangers are set to swoop for Motherwell front man John Sutton in an attempt to solve the dilemma that is the exit of 21 goal Kenny Miller.

Sutton, who is said to be extremely keen on the switch to Ibrox is understood to be valued at £200,000 by the Steelman hierarchy. Manager Stuart McCall and chairman John Boyle are resigned to losing the powerful Englishman to the current SPL Champions........ You can never say never but if its anything like the rumours on this board we will take it with a large pinch of salt. :lol:

According to reports from Evening times the fee for Reynolds was £150,000, but i cant confirm if its true

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/mother...tinho-1.1080386

Just got a text from a die-hard Rangers supporting mate asking how good he is...he says from what he's heard (and he's one of these guys that is always usually right when guessing players to come/go to Ibrox) there's definately an interest been shown.

the way i look at it is this.............Rangers do not have money, they can not go out and spend £12m on Flo, they can not go out and buy Goodwillie(even though he doesnt want to go), they can not buy back Kris Boyd, they can not buy anyone from the Championship

so what do they do..........they will look at the SPL and see who is available. They will know his contract is up and they will look to see someone who is proven at this level. If you can score a reasonable amount of goals for a Motherwell, a St Mirren, a Falkirk - you really should be able to score goals for Rangers or Celtic with the amount of chances they make. As soon as John Sutton or anyone else who plays for a smaller team, is aware that one of the big two are interested - they will be keen to go there. Any player can realistically treble/quadruple their money going to the OF and they will still think its a bargain

another player, who if he does go (even though I think its highly unlikely and he will probably be laughing about us talking about this) will go with my best wishes as he has continually gave us his all

Really good player for Motherwell, like they way he goes about his game but FFS if Rangers are genuinely interested in him, there's another nail in the coffin of Scottish fitba.

Don't really agree. If Sutton is good foil for Murphy, then he'll be excellent foil for Naismith. If Rangers can waste £1.25m on a has-been like Beattie, then Sutton looks like an absolute must buy for them - since I doubt their interest in Goodwillie is goiong to continue.

Ive always thought Sutton would quite easily be a top half premiership player if he had any sort of pace. Hes brilliant in the air, has good positional sense and is a great finisher. It really is just unfortunate for him how slow he is, I still think he'd make an impact at Rangers.

More chance of Healy joining Motherwell than of Sutton going to Rangers!

Remember there was serious intrest in them signing Lee Miller as replacement for Kris Boyd last season, he was dire to say the least.

Personally tho, I hope it is alot of crap, want us to keep a hold of sutts.