Semi Final

joe90

That suggests to me that you think only the positive and enthusiastic should post on a Motherwell fans forum, however there is a bigger picture here that needs comment. I can't speak for Melvin Bragg but I would guess like me he is a guy who has invested alot of time, money and emotion over the years in supporting Motherwell and is actually hurting a little just now at the way in which the club appears to be spiralling down the pan. Should we not be asking why supporters who have Motherwell at heart are being turned away just now or is that not worthy of comment on a Motherwell Fans Forum?

For me personally the appointment of the manager was the final straw but I could write a long list of other reasons why I just could not gather the enthusiasm to go to Hampden tomorrow. I hope things change and I get the groove back. I would love to see us win tomorrow and yes I would be one of the so called 'glory hunters' who may well decide to go to the Final if we did but I am not going to let some prozac popping pup tell me that I am not a real fan for my choices or that I have no right to comment on these boards.

Please don't take offence by this lads. If your looking for that spark you once had for motherwell why don't you have a brake for a while from anything motherwell. Come on the forum like but avoid the club chat section. Hopefully a wee brake for you will reignite that spark you once had.

your downer attitudes could well have a negative affect on the board. People don't want to read posts saying you cant get up for games because one reason or another. It gets me down when I'm reading them and I'm sure it has the same affect on other members.

We got a cup semi tomorrow with every chance of beating the filth. Rangers are nothing special. Theres been far far lesser teams than motherwell beating far far stronger teams than that rangers pish.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't take offence by this lads. If your looking for that spark you once had for motherwell why don't you have a brake for a while from anything motherwell. Come on the forum like but avoid the club chat section. Hopefully a wee brake for you will reignite that spark you once had.

your downer attitudes could well have a negative affect on the board. People don't want to read posts saying you cant get up for games because one reason or another. It gets me down when I'm reading them and I'm sure it has the same affect on other members.

We got a cup semi tomorrow with every chance of beating the filth. Rangers are nothing special. Theres been far far lesser teams than motherwell beating far far stronger teams than that rangers pish.

I know where your coming from welshmaninwell .All this pessimism on this board is like the flu mate .Ive not caught it , and wont mate !! Mon The Well !!

Pish.

I realise that you're trying to inject some positivity into the place but the forum exists for discussion and the airing of opinions, not just so folk can be internet cheerleaders. If some people are feeling a bit negative or disinterested at the moment then so be it - they're entitled to a point of view as much as the rest of you and they can post whatever they like, provided that it doesn't contravene site rules.

C'MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON YE 'WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant tell if im being negative or jut realistic. i bleed c&a, and im going along tomorrow to roar on the team for the full 90mins no matter the score line, but i cant see beyond us getting beat. i dont know if its because im older, more realistic, or had my hopes dashed too many times. i will never stop going to the football, or checking this forum 10 times a day for news but i just feel a bit "down" about the club. i think my best time watching motherwell was the butcher era. we were a mid table team, with the thoughts of 3rd place or europe a million miles away, but we were happy! the team seemed to play for the bagde which seems to be a liitle lost in the past few seasons, it gave the place a sence of community and "family". the passion and emotion of those days has been lost i guess, and would be happy to give up europa and 3rd place to get it back, but mibi thats just me.

Does anyone think we are going to be allowed to win the semi? With no chance of a OF Scottish cup final you can bet the refs have been told that there must be a OF league cup final. You can bet your bottom dollar if the game is close then the buns will get a right dodgy decision to swing the game their way.

i cant tell if im being negative or jut realistic. i bleed c&a, and im going along tomorrow to roar on the team for the full 90mins no matter the score line, but i cant see beyond us getting beat. i dont know if its because im older, more realistic, or had my hopes dashed too many times. i will never stop going to the football, or checking this forum 10 times a day for news but i just feel a bit "down" about the club. i think my best time watching motherwell was the butcher era. we were a mid table team, with the thoughts of 3rd place or europe a million miles away, but we were happy! the team seemed to play for the bagde which seems to be a liitle lost in the past few seasons, it gave the place a sence of community and "family". the passion and emotion of those days has been lost i guess, and would be happy to give up europa and 3rd place to get it back, but mibi thats just me.

i agree to a certain extent though for me i think that there is apathy from most scottish football supporters about their club and the game in general. For me this whole proposal about a 10 team league may be the final nail in the coffin and the cause of the feeling regards scottish football at this present time the old firm are included in this there crowds are falling both home and away.

We are in a semi final tommorrow and whilst i dont expect to win the least i expect is 100% for the shirt and if we get that you never know .

c'mon the well

Does anyone think we are going to be allowed to win the semi? With no chance of a OF Scottish cup final you can bet the refs have been told that there must be a OF league cup final. You can bet your bottom dollar if the game is close then the buns will get a right dodgy decision to swing the game their way.

Pish.

I realise that you're trying to inject some positivity into the place but the forum exists for discussion and the airing of opinions, not just so folk can be internet cheerleaders. If some people are feeling a bit negative or disinterested at the moment then so be it - they're entitled to a point of view as much as the rest of you and they can post whatever they like, provided that it doesn't contravene site rules.

C'MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON YE 'WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank fuck we didnt have the internet in 91or we would have been beat before the semi final. LOL I Was There !

Even back then there was a chunk of 'Well fans who didn't expect us to get through, we just didn't have an internet forum to discuss it on. Personally, I wasn't confident, especially after we drew the first match and I spent ages wishing that Ferguson's free-kick had gone in instead of hitting the junction, thinking that that was our chance. The joys of being a Dosser - we live in hope, not expectation.

But aye, I get what you're saying, sometimes good stuff happens. Here's hoping it happens tomorrow. :P

That suggests to me that you think only the positive and enthusiastic should post on a Motherwell fans forum, however there is a bigger picture here that needs comment. I can't speak for Melvin Bragg but I would guess like me he is a guy who has invested alot of time, money and emotion over the years in supporting Motherwell and is actually hurting a little just now at the way in which the club appears to be spiralling down the pan. Should we not be asking why supporters who have Motherwell at heart are being turned away just now or is that not worthy of comment on a Motherwell Fans Forum?

For me personally the appointment of the manager was the final straw but I could write a long list of other reasons why I just could not gather the enthusiasm to go to Hampden tomorrow. I hope things change and I get the groove back. I would love to see us win tomorrow and yes I would be one of the so called 'glory hunters' who may well decide to go to the Final if we did but I am not going to let some prozac popping pup tell me that I am not a real fan for my choices or that I have no right to comment on these boards.

Then your suggestions are completely and utterly wrong.

I never yet said only positive and enthusiastic users should post on the forum. Why do people always take things to such extremes on this place? A goal conceded and the defender responsible should be dropped forever; a narrow defeat and it means we're in a relegation fight; I suggest one member of these forums stops continually (it's in bold this time so others can see it) saying that he's not interested and suddenly I'm saying no-one should ever post anything negative on this site ever again!

Yes, of course Melvin's entitled to be apathetic at the moment. You, star sail, are also entitled to be disinterested too. If you care to look at the thread I started in 'Other Football' about the creation of SPLTV, you'd see that I wouldn't pay for a channel showing SPL football because I'm scunnered with many aspects of the game up here too. I don't agree that Motherwell FC are "turning us away". That is simply the choice of the individual fan. However, where have I said anything remotely like the "spiralling" of Motherwell Football Club or Scottish Football is not worthy of comment on these forums?! Of course they are worthy! They are extremely serious issues. However, there are numerous threads where people are commenting on them - including Melvin Bragg. I'm more than happy with that.

I took exception to Melvin Bragg feeling the need to come on this particular thread, which is all about the semi final, to say...he's not interested in the semi-final. That seemed peculiar to me. What was bemusing to me was Melvin Bragg's response to Jay about certain people belonging to a "holier than thou" brigade. That seemed quite an over-the-top reaction. Melvin's entitled not to care about the semi-final, but Jay suggesting it's wrong that people only want to go and support Motherwell if we're likely to win (I'm not saying that's the case with Melvin Bragg, before I get wrongly accused again) is a valid point and certainly not worthy of labelling him as being "holier than thou".

So, to be clear: I have no problem with Melvin Bragg. I have no problem with him being disinterested. I had a problem with the amount of times he felt the need to point it out in different threads. I do think people's complaints are worthy of comment. I don't think only positive people should post on here. Oh, and just in case you're final comment was directed at me - I never said you're not a real fan, I've never taken Prozac before, and I'm certainly no pup.

I'm sorry, this has gone way off-topic but I felt I needed to defend myself there.

We are all supporters of Motherwell FC. We are all entitled to have different opinions. But we are in the semi-final of a major domestic trophy. We are going to play at Hampden. These things don't happen very often. Let's, please, for the next 17 hours or so, appreciate that fact and support the team tomorrow (whether in Hampden, the pub, in front of the TV at home, or somewhere in the back of your mind because you're not actually following the game because you're not interested).

Then come 4.50pm, threads can be started telling McCall to get to fuck, that Craigan should be dropped and that Hateley is never a midfielder... :P

I totally agree with the post above.

There seems to be a group of people that are intent on telling all and sundry they are p1ssed off and apathetic towards Motherwell. So what!

I like most would rather come on this message board and read about people that were up for the game tomorrow and Motherwell FC in general. Not being happy clappy....just rather not go through life a miserable sod, always looking at the negative side of things.

I've got my ticket for tomorrow game and I don't care about the result

at the end of the day I will have had another trip to Hampden to watch the Well and when it all said I done I still be on the Motherwell roller coaster enjoying whatever it throws at me

COME ON YE WELL!!!!

Ach well, officially semi-final day. Looking forward to it, though I still fully expect a humping!

Kick off at Joe's flat at 8.30am with the usual suspects, the Motherwell Armada (those who went to Inverness may remember Alex, and probably will remember Marcos!) arrive about 9am, Daniels around lunch-time, then the bus to Hampden.

Good day in prospect and who knows - we might just sneak it... :cheers:

Ach well, officially semi-final day. Looking forward to it, though I still fully expect a humping!

IN a way thats the best way cos if all you expect is a doing then all you can get is a pleasant surprise. If you expect to win you can get a fucking bitterly hard to swallow reality take. I've had about six pints tonight and I've moved to an optimistic position of we might score whilst getting gubbed. Going to have to drink like the clappers tomorrow if I'm going to expect a win by kick off.

I've got my ticket for tomorrow game and I don't care about the result

at the end of the day I will have had another trip to Hampden to watch the Well and when it all said I done I still be on the Motherwell roller coaster enjoying whatever it throws at me

COME ON YE WELL!!!!

There will always be haters and i bet we'll see them when we get to the final. Met a former season-ticket holder tonight, who referred to us as a pub-team but i bet my left bawbag if we win tomorrow, he'll be taking black cock for a final ticket....cants!!!!!

I wonder if Rangers will rest anyone today or play a slightly weaker side! I think a big benefit to us is that they have Hearts on Wednesday then Celtic on Saturday and there squad is threadbare!

I can't wait for the game, going through all the emotions just now, just the prospect of going to Hampden with all my freinds and family and singing along with 5000+ fellow well fans will be sure to make it a grand day out in itself.

I wonder if Rangers will rest anyone today or play a slightly weaker side! I think a big benefit to us is that they have Hearts on Wednesday then Celtic on Saturday and there squad is threadbare!

Hearts are the third best side in the league, but nothing Rangers at full strength need to overly worry about. Rangers will be at full strength tomorrow, at least for the first half!

i think were in with a shout provided we get stuck right into them everytime a rangers player is in possesion we canny make it easy for them they need to be pressured and harassed at every oppertunity.the 2nd half of the game at ibrox and the game at fir park were a stroll in the park for rangers they ran all over the top of us cause we gave them far to much time on the ball if we allow guys like davies the freedom of the park we could be in trouble.provided we work hard closing them down and dont give the ball away easily when were in possesion then anything is possible :cheers: