The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

Andy Ross may be your real name but I know you don't look like Keith Lasley.

Dont recall the rule that real names have to be used, but who says Larry David isn't my real name? Have you seen my birth certificate?

Fucking shame I don't!

However no 'Larry' I haven't seen your birth certificate.

To me this is the whole crux of the matter, when you sign a player you have to judge him on what he's done in the past, you look at his previous form and judge where and how his particular talent fits into your line up and how best you can use him. Obviously we arent signing him as a goalscorer because, going by his record, that is NOT what he does.

duke and blackman had fairly poor records at the clubs they were on loan at before us from memory

my dad was talking to an everton fan and he was saying that jeffers is a penalty box striker

duke and blackman had fairly poor records at the clubs they were on loan at before us from memory

my dad was talking to an everton fan and he was saying that jeffers is a penalty box striker

Aye, but by all accounts his game could have changed since his Everton days, I think he is more of a dugout striker these days.

Francis Jeffers signsjefferssignsnews.jpgMotherwell are today delighted to confirm the signing of former England International striker Francis Jeffers.

Jeffers, 30, who was most recently at Aussie A League club Newcastle Jets, has an impressive array of former clubs including Everton, Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers and Rangers and was capped at senior level by England in 2003, scoring on his debut against Australia.

The Liverpudlian burst onto the scene back in the late 90’s with Everton before winning an £8million move to Arsenal and famously acquired the “Fox in the box” tag.

He has also had spells at Charlton, Ipswich Town and Sheffield Wednesday in his thirteen-year career and will look to rediscover some of that early form in his five months at Fir Park.

‘Well boss Stuart McCall said, “Francis is an excellent player and someone we think will score goals in the Scottish Premier League.

“When you look through the history of this football club, Motherwell have excelled with three types of players. The first is brining younger guys through – in recent times you have McFadden, Clarkson, Pearson and Quinn.

“The second is taking players from England, giving them a platform, and propelling their career – again, you have recent examples with John Ruddy, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Giles Coke and other.

“And finally, the other is taking guys who are at the latter stages of their career, and giving them a second wind. You need only look at Tommy Coyne, Owen Coyle, Willie Falconer and others. We hope Franny can get back to some of his early career form. There is absolutely no doubting his ability and in the conversations I’ve had with him, he seems really hungry for this challenge.”

Welcome Franny!

10 goals between now and end if the season and everything will be rosey!

I'm actually pretty happy with this signing! Hopefully with the chances we can create he can be on the end of a few! At least it takes the pressure off Murphy and Sutton. We do have a habit of turning peoples careers around! Whose to say Jeffers won't be the next one! New start for him here and could be what we are looking for two turns few of these 1-0 defeats into draws and wins!