Most Shameful Display Ever

garymfc

but who was actually out hammell and saunders so thats that excuse out the window

Aye, half of our first choice back four, and our captain playing a few days removed from walking off injured for Northern Ireland. So I reckon that had an influence on the result.

As far as rational thinking goes, today we got humped at Ibrox against Rangers, this happens a lot and we haven't found an antidote to this in my time supporting Motherwell, so I'm not going to use today as an indication of how our season is going to go or how good our manager/players are.

I find it funny that the ones putting themselves forward as the rational thinkers are the ones who think this is all ok. At what point does pride in your team kick in when you say a 6-0 defeat at Ibrox is totally unacceptable!!

Motherwell are an SPL side. Had Stranraer lost 6-0 today at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup they would be embarrassed. The thing is though they probably would not have lost by 6 because they would have been playing with some pride.

I'm all for supporting your team but at what point do you begin to question what is happening. 7-0, 8-0, 9-0?

No 6-0 is not ok. But I don't think calling for the manager's head after 6 games is rational thinking. I'm depressed that we have been humped. But we have been humped by them before under other managers.

To be fair we're only worried about results.

We lose - we have a rant. We win life is good.

It should be about much more than that.

Today's result is 3 points lost - 3 points we didn't expect - so life begins again at Pittodrie.

When we were playing pish under Brown and Knox but still getting points most were OK with that. Stealing a point away from home due to a breakaway had many creaming their jeans.

Short termism! - Wee picture! Foolish!

Broon & Knox papered over the cracks and we got away with murder due to some old headedness. But the fitba has been pish. It's no any more pish now than it was at the start of the season.

Look at our home form - we really have been dire all season - bar a couple of spells / halves here or there. Hand on heart folks it has. We've been pish all year.

We've had a 'troublesome' transfer window and we're gonna have to see if we can reach the shore from now til the end of the season - because we've nae rudder and nae oars.

It's re-grouping time and we need to begin planning now for next season and further out. Who's in - who's out - who can we rely on who needs to to up their tan or polish their presenting skills. Who need game time / experience.

I'm more comfortable with McCall doing that job than I would ever be with Brown. So I'm prepared to give him time.

Him and Boyle (or whoever is now pulling the strings need to get together for a fuckin heated heart to heart.

Where are we going? What's the plan! That's the critical starting point that we really need to start to see some sort of direction from the club.

We're all a bit twitchy - for the first time in a while the short term panickers are as pissed off as the long term laid backers.

Time for some real pulling together from all at the club through to the support.

I've seen worse in my time like losing 8 goals, and I'll no doubt witness worse again.

Irrespective of the team line up today we were always going to get beat. On paper the starting line up looked "reasonable" (it could have been worse), but the fitness of some players must have been in doubt. We also have a very thin squad. Add that together and a heavy defeat was always on the cards. However, playing 5-3-2 at Ibrox with the players we have was asking for trouble.

Stuart McCall has come in at a very difficult time and was quite frankly, left a mess to clear up. That said he hasn't shown much so far to inspire me. Early days though. The next 2 home games are going to pivotal to the rest of our season. Aberdeen we can write off.

Today's result is 3 points lost - 3 points we didn't expect - so life begins again at Pittodrie.

When we were playing pish under Brown and Knox but still getting points most were OK with that. Stealing a point away from home due to a breakaway had many creaming their jeans.

Broon & Knox papered over the cracks and we got away with murder due to some old headedness. But the fitba has been pish. It's no any more pish now than it was at the start of the season.

Look at our home form - we really have been dire all season - bar a couple of spells / halves here or there. Hand on heart folks it has. We've been pish all year.

We've had a 'troublesome' transfer window and we're gonna have to see if we can reach the shore from now til the end of the season - because we've nae rudder and nae oars.

It's re-grouping time and we need to begin planning now for next season and further out. Who's in - who's out - who can we rely on who needs to to up their tan or polish their presenting skills. Who need game time / experience.

I'm more comfortable with McCall doing that job than I would ever be with Brown. So I'm prepared to give him time.

Him and Boyle (or whoever is now pulling the strings need to get together for a fuckin heated heart to heart.

Where are we going? What's the plan! That's the critical starting point that we really need to start to see some sort of direction from the club.

We're all a bit twitchy - for the first time in a while the short term panickers are as pissed off as the long term laid backers.

Time for some real pulling together from all at the club through to the support.

I agree with all of this except for the bit about McCall being able to put a long term plan into place. The transfer window showed that he was picking names out of thin air, names of players that he had never seen play. There was no plan. If there is to be a long term view taken surely Craigans days are up and yet I would bet money that if fit, he will play every game from now to the end of the season. I like the long term approach, that is why I was a fan of Jim Gannon but on this occasion there isn't even the smallest whiff of a plan.

I agree with all of this except for the bit about McCall being able to put a long term plan into place. The transfer window showed that he was picking names out of thin air, names of players that he had never seen play. There was no plan. If there is to be a long term view taken surely Craigans days are up and yet I would bet money that if fit, he will play every game from now to the end of the season. I like the long term approach, that is why I was a fan of Jim Gannon but on this occasion there isn't even the smallest whiff of a plan.

spot on mate

6, most certainly should have been double that.

Tactically naive, team with no confidence or goals, manager with no contacts(allegedly).

Have to say I'm more than a bit concerned with goings on at Fir Park.

Cant disagree with that, 3 consecutive European qualifications gave the club a lift and a wee bit of pride and we have progressed further each season. We were a baw hair away from qualification for the Europa league group stages and think how much cash and prestige that would have brought to the club. I would have thought that the club would have invested a wee bit in bringing that to fruition. Maybe that's not possible and I can accept that, but I cant accept the fact that we appear to be going backwards. I believe that in employing Stuart McCall and signing Frannie Jeffers we have settled for mediocrity.

What a load of utter, utter sense.

Some good points Steve especially the parts about our long term plans or lack off.

McCall joined Motherwell on 30th December. The transfer window opened a couple of days later. I would assume that McCall probably did not really know much about our players and was prepared to give some a chance to prove themselves. We lost some players again probably due to financial reasons, and had the task of trying to replace them at a time where there were very few options available. The January transfer window is for rich clubs, there aint many bargains for clubs that are skint. How you can say he does not have a long term plan, without actually knowing or talking to him and the club is beyond me. The beginning of next season, after the summer transfer window is a more reasonable and realistic time to judge. Seems many on here were waiting for todays result just to put the boot in, without any realism.

I aint happy about losing 6 nil, but it's only a game of football. The club's be in a far worse position than it is in today. That also does not excuse todays performance but i am prepared to give McCall time, the teenagers in our team time to mature.

Results aint great granted, but at least we are trying to play the game in the right way. With time you never know. Instant success aint compatible with Motherwell. It took wee Tommy years and years to get it right, and when he did, it was worth waiting.

Criticise, but keep it realistic please.

I'd agree with that too. I understand all the concerns.

I think the jury's still out on McCall myself. He's who we've got and I've no idea if we had someone in our sights that would have been better.

In terms of giving the younger guys a chance - I think McCall will do that more than Brown would and I think that's key.

I don't know if he'll be able to pull it off - but for whaterver reason he's in place now and we won't be paying him com-pen anytime soon so we need to be somehow getting those plans together.

I recall the protests against Tommy McLean outside Fir Park. The carry-on at Meadowbank. And then the great team we had and a cup win. All takes time, and patience.

This is a good point and indeed Tommy McLean needed time to get things right, but on that basis, should Malpas have been given more time?

FWIW I believe that now McCall is here we should give him ever chance, but I think that there is a difference between that and thinking that today or the weeks leading up to today have been fine.

I look at the Hibs situation and think that the time they are giving their man is the right thing to do but Calderwood for my money, displays an assurance and belief that McCall has not shown so far.

Calderwood looked lost to me, and reminded me alot like Malpas. Had Houghton got the WBA, Calderwood would have been off i reckon. Hibs have had a couple of good results of late, but their is still a huge rebuilding job required there.

The football under Malpas was terrible, results worse, and deserved to go.

I can understand the fans frustration after today but there is no way john boyle is going to get rid of mccall as that would mean He has failed in his choice as manager. And he would be questioned about his choice of manager. So stuart mccall will be there for a while yet as the summer could be interedting as obviously the sqaud needs totally rebuilt and i hope john boyle gives him some backing

I thought is was a bad decision from McCall to go to an untried formation with players in unfamiliar roles. The 5 at the back was a disaster from the start and Gunning and Page argued more than they defended. We lacked numbers in midfield and couldn't get passing moves going except one excellent move that ended with Sutton heading over.

I can't forgive McCall even with a couple of players missing since we had a good formation to stifle rangers at Hampden but went with a totally new system today.

6-0 isn't really that important to me. Sometimes we play well and lose, sometimes we play badly and win and sometimes we play badly and get humped. We need to put that game behind us and look forward to Aberdeen.

I thought is was a bad decision from McCall to go to an untried formation with players in unfamiliar roles. The 5 at the back was a disaster from the start and Gunning and Page argued more than they defended. We lacked numbers in midfield and couldn't get passing moves going except one excellent move that ended with Sutton heading over.

I can't forgive McCall even with a couple of players missing since we had a good formation to stifle rangers at Hampden but went with a totally new system today.

totally agree. To play 5-3-2 you have to have the right defensive players with confidence they can soak up pressure ad infinitum for 90 minutes plus and have the speed to hit hard to the break. We don't thave either. A tactical mistake today.

Cant disagree with that, 3 consecutive European qualifications gave the club a lift and a wee bit of pride and we have progressed further each season. We were a baw hair away from qualification for the Europa league group stages and think how much cash and prestige that would have brought to the club. I would have thought that the club would have invested a wee bit in bringing that to fruition. Maybe that's not possible and I can accept that, but I cant accept the fact that we appear to be going backwards. I believe that in employing Stuart McCall and signing Frannie Jeffers we have settled for mediocrity.

Welcome to reality. Despite European qualifications, the club has no money.

Despite these European qualifications, we had to scramble for a shirt sponsor, for which we didn't get much. You could argue that the sponsorship deal is the fault of those in charge at the club, or you could argue that Scottish football isn't that profitable is very unattractive for sponsors. I think it's the latter.

If the club has no money and a ptitful 3,500 odd turning up for home games, what exactly do you expect other than mediocrity? :lol: In fact, given the stark reality, and regardless of McCall's managerial competency, mediocrity is something we may be longing for in a year or two.

I can understand the fans frustration after today but there is no way john boyle is going to get rid of mccall as that would mean He has failed in his choice as manager. And he would be questioned about his choice of manager. So stuart mccall will be there for a while yet as the summer could be interedting as obviously the sqaud needs totally rebuilt and i hope john boyle gives him some backing

Some would say that Mark McGhee was Boyle's choice for manager instead of McCall...

Welcome to reality. Despite European qualifications, the club has no money.

Despite these European qualifications, we had to scramble for a shirt sponsor, for which we didn't get much. You could argue that the sponsorship deal is the fault of those in charge at the club, or you could argue that Scottish football isn't that profitable is very unattractive for sponsors. I think it's the latter.

I KNOW it's the former.

I am aware the club has no money and I did say that I could understand why we did not invest to move the club forward. What I cant understand is why we appear to be settling for mediocrity, we've always had ambition always been eager to play decent football and earn the rewards but that seems to have gone. We seem to be content to bide where we are. There isn't a hope in hell that Stuart McCall will move us forward regardless of what he says in his e-mails, which I find frankly, embarrassing.