Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Diggle I think as Burn Broomfield mentioned earlier Forbes was given a role that suits his play. Too many times he has been stuck out on the left and he just doesn't have the pace to play that role. Doesn't excuse the abuse he gets though.

Stick him in the middle and ask him to pass the ball and we then have a player. We all know that he is an amazing passer of the ball - its just about getting that out of him. I would play him against the Accies.

Also well done Jeffers. I said that if he can get a few early goals in his Motherwell career then we might have found a real gem. Wait and see what happens, but sounds like he ran the Aberdeen defence ragged and remember it included some experienced SPL players like Smith, McNamee and Diamond.

How did Gunning play?

Have to say well done to the lads and stuart mccall for getting his tactics right and from what i hear totally out play the sheep. Well done to jeffers aswell takes a bit of pressure off of him as he has got a goal hopefully he will now bang in another few before the season ends :whistling:

Probably the easiest money McCall will ever collect. All the players had to do was look at who was on the home bench to give them all the motivation they needed. McCall done his job in picking the right team for the day but wouldnt think he had to hard a job motivating the players for this one.

That would be my only slight concern, really... everyone obviously played very well and gave 110% last night, but how much of that will we see again at the weekend, and how much of it was just down to getting one over on Stadler and Waldorf?

That would be my only slight concern, really... everyone obviously played very well and gave 110% last night, but how much of that will we see again at the weekend, and how much of it was just down to getting one over on Stadler and Waldorf?

Honestly. Seriously?

By all accounts we ripped them to shreds last night. Thats down to football ability. Not one up man ship.

when are these highlights going online?! i'm gagging to see murphy's long rangers and the one where he went round the keeper (thought it should have been a pen), FITB's fake then shot that langfield tipped round the post and forbes belter of an early free kick. mon to fuck bbc!

i don't think last night would have been down to trying to get it up brown alone. we've built up a fair bit of frustration recently with the semi, the killie game and pumping at ibrox. the celebrations at the end were about far more than brown.

It was similar to when we play Accies imo. They have alwats been more up for it than us. We were more, much more, up for it than Aberdeen. Games vs Aberdeen are like a derby fixture for us now.

We need to take that same attitude into the game in Saturday. Last night was the highlight (not including Europe) of the season so far for me. Perfect!

Got to be the longest journey home ever last night despite the good result!

Felt overall McCall got the tactics last night spot on, playing players where we can get the best out of them. Forbes in the centre midfield done very well as already mentioned. In the second half he played one of the best passes I have seen from him in a long time, almost in his own half and managed to skelp the ball out to Chris on the right wing! Franny up top had a very good game until he tired in the second half again he had a magical moment when he skinned a few Aberdeen players and was unlucky with a weak shot. I felt Franny up there gave Murphy/Sutton someone else to work with it and it seemed to pay off. Top night all round and hopefully now can push on and pick up three more points against Hamilton this weekend!!!

Well done to all the staff and players for last night and finally the small band of travelling fans we managed up there on what was a cold wet Tuesday night.

Onwards and upwards....Mon the 'Well

Has all been said already but well done to the management, players and the fans that made it up there last night. Never thought that we get anything but to go away up there on a shitty Tuesday after a 6-0 defeat and win against your old manager is sweet as fuck.

Great to hear that it was an excellent performance as well.

Given Forbes pelters on here in the past, more than happy to give him the praise that he sounds like he deserves from last night. Well done Ross.

More of the same from everyone and we'll be just fine - back in the top 6 where we belong.

More of the same from everyone and we'll be just fine - back in the top 6 where we belong.

"Can't see anything but a defeat and by fuck does that depress me to say that.

Think that it's pretty much guaranteed that the shaggers will finish above us this season."

This is what you posted three days ago. The words knee and jerk spring to mind.

Given Forbes pelters on here in the past, more than happy to give him the praise that he sounds like he deserves from last night. Well done Ross.

Hopefully the sheer futility of berating players like Forbes will begin to filter through now.

Why do we need to single one player out and roast the fuckin life out of him.

Support the guy and if the management play him in the right position he'll come good.

Not an SPL player, canny run, canny tackle - sounds like last night proved that at least on occasion that's utter bullshit. It's just down to him applyin himself, getting a run in a position he's comfortable and us roaring him on.

ive no been mccalls biggest fan since hes came in but fair play to him last night it was a tricky fixture but he had the balls to try a new formation and it was spot on also lifting the players after saturday couldny have been easy so well done to him.i feared the worst when aberdeen scored so early but credit to the players for coming back and dominating the rest of the first half.i thought jeffers played really well he took his goal superbly but it was his movement off the ball that impressed me the most hes obvioulsy got talent i hope were the club to get the best out him.murphys being lacking in confidence of late hopefully his goal does him the world of good and he bangs a few in before the end of the season.it was great to see forbes get a chance in his best positon and play really well if he can recapture the form he showed when gannon was here that'll be a big plus for us.we dont shoot enough but last night we mustve had about 6 or 7 efforts at goal fae outside the box in the first half even big hutchy had a go so more of the same fae now on lads :thumbup: .all in all great 3 points it felt like a longer journey up and back than normal to aberdeen but it was well worth it in the end to stick it to that auld fud brown ^_^

you have to laugh reading that aberdeen mad site 1 of the comments was as long as guys likes forbes and lasley are in the spl the league will always be shite :thumbup: this coming fae fans of a team that have to watch total shite like diamond and young every week.mind you it wasny all bad 1 sheep shagger said we passed the ball about like arsenal last night which was pretty much bang on i thought ^_^

Never made the game last night however I think I celebrated it like I was there when Murphy scored. Mind you, was driving collecting my gran and her troops from the bingo when Murphy scored, no idea how I didn't crash. ^_^

Went to bed with a smile ear to ear and woke up with that same smile. Delighted doesn't even cover it.

If Forbes played as good as everyones making out then its finally a masterstroke from McCall to him in his position. However, I don't know if the Accies game will be right for him? They'll not give him time and try and kick us out the game like last time.

Much needed 3pts and couple of cracking goals too. Not sure if I'm more surprised at the quality of Jeffers goal or Murphy over powering a defender (no dig!). :lol:

Ecstatic with that. Mon the 'Well. :thumbup:

Wore my MFC tammy in Aberdeen this morning, (well it was raining and I didn't want to get my hair wet :thumbup: ). Spoke with several customers (Dons) who all admitted we outplayed them for most of the game and thoroughly deserved our victory.

For me a whole lot of demons were exorcised last night, and hopefully I can now tune into Northsound without spitting everytime I hear Craig Brown, and giving my fingers a rest everytime I see him on TV.

Absolutely delighted for everyone at the Club ....... well done to all. ^_^