Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

thirdwell : (23 October 2017 - 03:48 AM)

I have spent the last hour reading some of the Rangers fans comments on the game. Each one of them said that the ref was a disgrace, that at least 3 Motherwell players should have been sent off and dozens of them claim to have heard the disgusting incident regarding Bowman breaking the nose!  In all my (almost) 50 years a 'Well fan I feel truly ashamed that the one and only great club in Scottish football is being victimised by the authorities (Rangers fans words not mine). I therefore urge that Motherwell, in fact all teams, that play Glasgow Rangers FC in future: do not tackle, do not jump for the ball, do not shot towards the Rangers goalmouth. If one of the opposition feels that a Ranger's player is a little tired or fatigued he should immediately notify the nearest official to have the game stopped so that said player may have a wee seat and a cuppa tea/coffee and a biscuit or two. This relaxation period is only relevant to players of RFC. If any other STEELMEN can think of any way that can improve Ranger chances of winning please feel free to add to the above list.   

Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @kennyward__10 All fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience. Copyright claim due to T&S at the wild celebrations at f… https://t.co/GanL6tVVoB
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:00 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): HIGHLIGHTS | Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell https://t.co/ezpR2zb9ln https://t.co/LDlFCecDeQ
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @SheaGordon11: Unbelievable result! Some buzz!!! @MotherwellFC 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @rossmaclean39: Yassssss!!! Come on the boys 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @louismoult: Some feeling that, thank you for your support 👏⚽️!! https://t.co/ZnWK3Mx7Ed
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @trevorcarson24: Our fans were incredible today. Thank you. What a team to be involved with. Roll on Wednesday!! https://t.co/gw7MTtm5al
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): THANK YOU | Your support today was absolutely magnificent. Everyone at the club appreciates it. See you at Hampden… https://t.co/MRkN38Stmp
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:04 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @allancampbell98: What a day! Fans were class🤙🏻🤙🏻 https://t.co/Wf01eFfiwr
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:44 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): GALLERY | Action images from this afternoon's game at Hampden https://t.co/qvQqJL8eEY https://t.co/UAKintTI47
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:42 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REACTION | Stephen Robinson's thoughts after todays win over Rangers https://t.co/z8Y7mmYA6z https://t.co/X2dqlOsqme
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:39 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REPORT | Motherwell secured their place in the @Betfred cup final with a 2-0 win over Rangers this afternoon… https://t.co/aHR5fWGvM6
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:59 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @eplummer_: Into the final!!What a win 100% deserved the boys were class. Fans made the atmosphere unbelievable! King Louis!! @louismoul
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @AlexFisher37: Some game to be involved in! Unreal shift from the chaps! @louismoult some boy you ⚽️⚽️. The fans were terrific throughou…
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @ryan_bowman12: What a feeling.. Support was unreal for the 90 minutes. Lads fully deserved it, final here we come. 👏🏽🔥⚽️
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @tait0289: Incredible from the boys massive effort today ⚽️💛 #MFC fans class as always 👌🏼
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @chrissycadds: Enjoyed that team, what a day 😝
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @cecekipros: Ayyy we did it!! Boys were class so as the fans 💛👌🏾never underestimate the under dogs .
texanwellfan : (22 October 2017 - 03:51 PM)

glad to see us finally put them out of a cup

smiddy : (22 October 2017 - 03:45 PM)

no greetin but Sutton REALLY wants pedro pumped n mccoist has grudgingly conceded moult is better than there dumpling ,,,today hahaha

Photo

Scottish Premiership Game 8: Partick Thistle (H) Saturday 30/09/17

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Yabba's Turd

Yabba's Turd

Motherwell Legend

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

I don't like Thistle.

Follow us on Twitter @steelmenonline

The African

The African

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
Need to get back on track. A home game against Thistle is one we should be looking to take all three points from. Anything less will be a disappointment.
Show the right attitude and we can take this 2-0.

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 4,857 posts

I think yesterday proved that we're not quite good enough at home to go out and play our own game and not worry about the opposition.  Almost but not quite.  A lot will depend on who is fit ie Andy Rose.  However I'd like us to start with Elliot Frear in place of Richard Tait to give us more pace and creativity. That would would give Chris Cadden more freedom.  I suspect Thistle will prove very tough physical opponents and a midfield scrap is more than likely.  

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

joewarkfanclub

joewarkfanclub

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Motherwell FC, Scotland National Team, Skiing, Glayva and Jagermeister, not necessarily in that order!
If Rose is fit he comes back in. If not Grimshaw. Lets win the right to play.

I agree with Frear for Tait. More direct and with 2 to hit in the middle could get some joy.

Question marks over McHugh at the moment but he is the Captain and probably needs to play through this dip in form so would give him another chance but Bigi needs to be ready to come on if its not working for him.

Need to be winning this one if we have real ambitions for top 6.
  • Kmcalpin likes this
country road, take me home, to the place I belong.......

stuwell

stuwell

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,300 posts
Thistle have been playing well and are unfortunate not to have won yet.

Don't think this will be an easy game.
  • myteam likes this

jonnymfc

jonnymfc

International

• Legends
  • 683 posts

I feel we should win this game. Bounce back from a fairly poor performance on Sunday.

Should win 2 - 1, although, i can see us making it difficult for ourselves if we let them score first. 

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

European Footballer of the Year

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

http://www.motherwel...abour-1-4572936

Motherwell's Andy Rose is doubt to face Partick Thistle after wife goes into labour

Motherwell ace Andy Rose's wife went into labour on Thursday

CRAIG GOLDTHORP

Published: 16:08 Thursday 28 September 2017

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has revealed that family matters could keep midfielder Andy Rose out of this Saturday's home Scottish Premiership game against Partick Thistle.

Ex-Coventry ace Rose missed last Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Aberdeen due to a hamstring strain and - although he is recovering from this injury - he is doubtful to face Thistle for other reasons. Robinson said on Thursday: "Andy actually trained yesterday again. But his wife's actually gone into labour as we speak so family are priorities.

"Hopefully everything's ok with him and his wife so we just have to play that one by ear."

Elsewhere in the Motherwell squad, goalkeeper Trevor Carson is doubtful with a slight knock but sixth placed Motherwell otherwise have a fully fit squad to face the second bottom Jags. And Robinson and his boys are desperate to bag three points at Fir Park.

He said: "With the international break coming up everyone's desperate to get three points and go away for two weeks or 10 days.

"You go away with a lot of belief, happiness and spirit in the camp.

"So it's an important game for us in getting back on track in the league. Hopefully we end up looking upwards instead of down on people.

"I think Partick have had a tough start to the season because they've played a lot of the top opposition in the league.

"I've watched them three times already this season live and they're a good side, with good players.

"And Archie (Thistle manager Alan Archibald) has done well consistently.

"I'm expecting them not to be down the bottom of the table so it'll be a tough game.

"We know every time we play them there's not a lot in the game as well.

"We've looked at them, we've studied them and we know what we have to do to win the game."

coop91

coop91

First Team Regular

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
As long as last Sunday's game has no adverse affect on the team then hopefully home advantage will see us over the line with a 2-1 win. Should be a decent game. COYW.

texanwellfan

texanwellfan

European Footballer of the Year

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

The game is on Saturday, right?  Not Sunday like the thread title says?

• FJ-94 likes this

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts

The game is on Saturday, right?  Not Sunday like the thread title says?

Will you need to rebook your travel if it's on Sunday?

The date's right. The day's wrong.

Yabba's Turd

Yabba's Turd

Motherwell Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,310 posts

Will you need to rebook your travel if it's on Sunday?

The date's right. The day's wrong.

Fixed it now, glad someone was paying attention.

Follow us on Twitter @steelmenonline

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts

Fixed it now, glad someone was paying attention.

Considering they operate in a different century half the time, it was good work by texanwellfan.

The African

The African

International

• Legends
  • 599 posts
Every Saturday game is on a Sunday in New Zealand.

Important to get something from this match. Three points and we go into the international break on a bit of aught.

Haggischomper

Haggischomper

Fud

• Legends
  • 8,313 posts
Another fucking international break? FFS!!
  • Kmcalpin and StipeIsGod like this

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts

Another fucking international break? FFS!!

I know, it drives me nuts.

The days when we were actually qualifying for things, we'd have a domestic game on a Saturday, international on a Wednesday, and back to domestic the next Saturday.

daver

daver

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,837 posts
What's worse is UEFA have us playing on the Thursday and Sunday nights.

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• 4,857 posts

Robbo will have had to do a bit of head scratching for this one.  Thistle are a big side (aren't most of them) and high balls lumped up to Moult and Bowman, if both play, won't be an option.  We don't want a repeat of last Sunday's tactics. Still as Robbo says our first priority is to win the physical battle and with it the ball.  If we can do that our next issue is what to do with it.  Its possible, but very difficult, to score when you don't have the ball.

I don't know much about the current Thistle side but I do know that they are hard and have 3 or 4 leviathans in their side.  Maybe they are susceptible to speed?  I'd like to see Frear start,and copy Davie Cooper's tactics against such opponents - rattle across low hard cross after low hard cross into the opponents 6 yard box.  I always enjoyed seeing the ball canoning off big defenders legs at random angles and sometimes into the back of the net.  By all accounts Thistle have been very unlucky so far with poor referees and a start featuring top six opponents.

Still the 3 points are up for grabs and we have a team full of fight and spirit. No reason to be pessimistic.    

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

middleeastdave

middleeastdave

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Slightly concerned about Carson if cannot make it, although Griffith is more than good enough as a replacement, but if he is injured during the match, it would need to be Morrison😭

real dosser

real dosser

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:MFC
Bit of thinking outside the box here. Teams are now aware of our
" physical and robust style of play " to quote various " journalists " and our quick ball up to our two front players so why not try something different. Everybody seems to agree that our captain hasn't had the best of starts to the season so why not give him a wee rest. How's about going 3_4_3 with

Carson

Kipre. Hartley. Dunne

Cadden. Campbell. Bigirimana Grimshaw

Mount. Bowman. Petravicius

I know folk will say we need to match up with the opposition ETC but why not try something different and let Thistle worry about our set_up.
Campbell and Grimshaw will fight for everything in midfield and the pace of Sid up top might just really surprise them. If it ain't working we could change it from what would be a pretty strong bench. I don't expect to see anything like this happening only putting it out for discussion
COYW.

middleeastdave

middleeastdave

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Where is the location of the pre Patrick game training taking place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users