All Activity
- Past hour
-
I'm always in favour of engaging fans as often as possible, but "get their points across and find solutions" feels a bit like avoiding the issue. Unless and until the rules are changed, the solution for pitch invasions is "don't invade the pitch and the solution for pyro is "don't use pyro inside the ground.
- Today
-
Seems like the "adult" way ahead if we want to avoid the situation turning into a negative atmosphere at Fir Park. However, it does need to be more than just words and will require buy in by both sides. Particularly by those that like to push boundaries.
-
Copied and pasted. OK, I'll aim to address some of the above points which have been raised. Of course, I’m in a position where I’d have a way in to speak to some of those in Block E, despite not being a member of that group, as I sit in that section and have known many of the long-standing members for several years now, but cards on the table, the “Well Bois” first started going to the games together around 15 years ago when some of Block E were still at Primary School. While we’re here it’s probably not of interest to anyone outside that section but as @thisGRAEME highlighted Bois and Block E are two separate groups. We’ve also got a member of Block E who was recently elected to the Society back earlier this year and is doing some excellent work with our events workstream, bringing fresh ideas to the table and hopefully enabling us to appeal to a younger audience with the rest of the board getting on a bit. That’s not me trying to avoid scrutiny, that’s me just setting out the situation. In a personal capacity or even with a Society hat on, it’s not easy for any individual to get a large group of 18/19 year olds who want to push the boundaries to listen to them, especially not one who is almost double their age. I'm sure you can imagine how that goes down from time to time. That said, to answer @ScottW1886's question around were conversations had and they ploughed on regardless, the answer to that is no. Many conversations have been had since then though and hopefully we can make some progress. I’d like to think those who are vocally pro-pyro, and especially those who want to argue for safe or legal usage (something I've done in the past), can see when there have been incidents that have resulted injury or cost the club money then discussions needs to be had I can’t comment for the Club but speaking personally I’m very much against collective punishment, others will have different views, but I think we need to avoid a large fall-out situation. We can’t change what’s happened in the past, but we can change how we work going forward. FYI, I've helped facilitate a meeting that has been scheduled for next week where the representatives from the Club Board and the Society will meet with the guys from that section. Again, I can’t comment for the Club so I can’t say what actions will come from that for now, but to their credit the Board and notably the Chairman have said they want as many from Block E as possible, especially younger guys who they may not have engaged with previously, to be present so they can get their points across and find solutions.
- Yesterday
-
Must say I’m missing the SPL - to have almost 3 weeks off for this utter tosh is not enjoyable . feels like we crammed in a stupid amount of games , didn’t get a full pre season and then put the breaks on for weeks for a glorified set of friendlies
-
Do you have a link?
-
100% agree. Apparently Robertson said '...as a defender, it is almost instinctive not to simply allow a striker to shoot, with “every fibre” telling you to do something to stop him' When you're a professional player I'd expect your instinct not to get sent off for a DOGSO should be well developed.
-
Never heard AR but it wasn't a split second thing , he had time to decide and back off , Scotland dont help themselves with the self sabotage.
-
Good post from Derek Watson over on P&B about the situation for anyone interested.
-
For an allegedly experienced international defender to make that challenge is inexcusable. I know Robertson was doing his bit as captain trying to explain that it's a defender's mindset to never let anyone past them, but that just made it worse for me. As I've said a few times, I remember Fergie always saying that he drilled his defenders to never commit fouls like that. His approach was that the striker still had to find the target and beat the keeper - and if they did score, he'd want 11 players on the pitch to respond. That's the mindset you should have as a top defender, especially that early in the game. Hope Miller gets a run out soon or he might start looking for an Irish granny.
-
Thought it was a stupid and lazy challenge, even if he had tried to make it look like a genuine challenge for the ball, he might have got away with a yellow or just let attacker shoot...sold the jerseys in first 10 mins.
-
Let’s hope Miller gets a start against North Macedonia. Ferguson has done absolutely nothing in these past two games to justify retaining his spot. In fact, he was absolutely dugmeat against Switzerland.
- Last week
-
Meant Hendry. Apologies.
-
Thought it was just me. The manager must have seen Welsh’s ability yet he plays Henry and McKenna (whom Welsh had to baby-sit in Slovenia already). Let’s hope Pocoglioni learns quickly where the duds are.
-
Aye right. NOW you bring Welsh on.
-
Take a break if you want. But you’re one of the good yins on here grizzlyb. 👍
-
Supporter Conduct and the Cost to the Club
twistandshout1983 replied to wellfan's topic in Club Chat
Not at all, I think the lighthearted jokes are one of the best things about coming on here some days Contrast that to some of the constant negativity on Motherwell's Facebook page after a game -
Nothing to do with grizzly or his jokes, but just in general I think it's a good idea to take regular breaks from posting on any forum - and the international break is as good a time as any. Then come back all guns blazing after our next 0 - 0 draw.
-
I can only speak personally, but you're a valued member of the forum, and those jokes do actually get a chuckle from me every now and then.
-
Stay just as you are Grizzly.
-
Keep em coming the jokes I mean 👍 SIWY
-
Yes yer effin right I agree 😆
-
In fact taking a wee break till next game might be best all round as I have rubbed folk up the wrong way with views plus my jokes are just driving folk roond the bend ( i forget the ones previously sent, so sending a 2nd time is double torture). Always try to be honest and lighthearted but admittedly it must be irritating seeing some of the gibberish I post. Jeez I need a holiday 😎 COYW
-
My thoughts as well and for me thats the best attitude to have, but the club and/ or the WS need to grow a set and deal with the issues, before the vast majority of the fans begin to suffer due to the actions of the entitled minority.
-
Swear box for Alfred would cover the fines from UEFA 🤪
-
I have came to the decision that I am just going to focus on Alfred and the team as spent too much time thinking about the fines and behaviour of a small minority that its actually just put me on a downer and I've lost my enthusiasm for posting or trying to be funny and lighten the mood. So hey......not all bad 🤪🤪, COYW