Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

The idiots who sit behind me thought this was a fair tackle, :doh: one of the clowns wasn't in his usual seat, and sat directly behind me, if MFC want to improve the matchday experience they should run nightclasses teaching our less enlightened fans the fucking rules

It was a fair and hard tackle. Studs weren't up and he got the ball.

Overall a thrilling and entertaining game. We deserved the points and Hibs almost got their comeuppance, but not quite. The first half was strewn with errors but I don't blame Tim Clancy for the first goal. He was clearly being fouled when he tried to head the ball. Second half was a different game with some good end to end stuff. Higdon came good with two excellent penalties and a fantastic overhead kick. We were very unlucky to lose the second half goals - our luck must surely turn shortly. By contrast Hibs were fortunate not to pick up two second half red cards.

Keith Lasley was badly missed as we allowed Hibs just too much freedom in midfield at times. His tenacity and fight would have help counter Hibs' aggression. Ojamaa frightened the life out of a very poor Hibs rearguard. We won by the Motherwell way and picked up 3 very good points into the bargain. More of the same again please!

A decent crowd added to the atmosphere with good support from the young lads in the East Stand. Even heard singing in the POD!

It was a fair and hard tackle. Studs weren't up and he got the ball.

If its the challenge I'm thinking of (POD side of the pitch) I said, at the time that he should have been off. Going by the rules of the game, that's a red card. Two-footed, off the ground is dangerous foul play. Regardless of contact with the ball.

• Like 1

Thats a game we would have lost a few months ago. Its bizarre that from being a team who couldn't score at home that we have rattled in 19 at home in the last month. To be honest every single goal in that game was a defensive shambles. Granted Hibs got a couple of lucky deflections but we didn't pick people up and passing the ball back into the middle of the goal that led to the corner was crazy. However at least the goals we lost came from mistakes rather than not having the right shape or communication which is a much bigger issue to sort. Higdon was immense last night and was supported by Murphy, Ojamaa, Law and Daley. Hibs did a good job on Ojamaa for a half but in the second half they loosened their watch and he wreaked havoc. Some really good passages of play from us in the second half that should be encouraging and we were very mature in keeping the ball for the most part.

If its the challenge I'm thinking of (POD side of the pitch) I said, at the time that he should have been off. Going by the rules of the game, that's a red card. Two-footed, off the ground is dangerous foul play. Regardless of contact with the ball.

Happened right in front of me and tbh Clancy tried to pull out of the tackle and hit the ground before making contact and hit him with his right knee but technically yes both feet of the ground but he didn't make all that much of a contact.

Happened right in front of me and tbh Clancy tried to pull out of the tackle and hit the ground before making contact and hit him with his right knee but technically yes both feet of the ground but he didn't make all that much of a contact.

Looked to me like both feet were up because his standing foot slipped, not an intential two footed lunge

Looked to me like both feet were up because his standing foot slipped, not an intential two footed lunge

Agree with you, didn't think there was any intent at all more of a stumble into the tackle than anything else.

I personally think Clancy was hurt more than the Hibs player

Very much a fair play to the ref moment. It was right in front of me but on the far side of the pitch. The ref gave the game every chance.

Just saw Higdon's overhead kick on mfctv. For a big guy he certainly got up well.

Watching the BBC highlights again, it was actually a cracking save from Stack off Henrik's shot to touch it onto the bar. What a shame he only got to enjoy it for about 5 seconds...

Watching the BBC highlights again, it was actually a cracking save from Stack off Henrik's shot to touch it onto the bar. What a shame he only got to enjoy it for about 5 seconds...

Stack looking at his centre-half after Higdon had buried it was amazing, I think he was just trying to find out what on earth had just happened.

Stack looking at his centre-half after Higdon had buried it was amazing, I think he was just trying to find out what on earth had just happened.

He probably dreamt that Hgdon would score a wonder goal but struck it off as wishful thinking :whistling:

Next time he'll dream that we relegate that lot ph34r.gif

Just seen the goals. Enter build up for Higdons 2nd was a belter.

But, the 2nd penalty to wrap up his hat trick was as good a penalty as you'll see. Right into the side of the net, no chance for any keeper. Brilliant composure considering he'd already faced the keeper with a penalty.

Just seen the goals. Enter build up for Higdons 2nd was a belter.

But, the 2nd penalty to wrap up his hat trick was as good a penalty as you'll see. Right into the side of the net, no chance for any keeper. Brilliant composure considering he'd already faced the keeper with a penalty.

Where is the 'goal' that was chalked off? Surely a point of contention worthy of further scrutuny. Even in a belter of a game like that they still can't get a decent highlights package together

Where is the 'goal' that was chalked off? Surely a point of contention worthy of further scrutuny. Even in a belter of a game like that they still can't get a decent highlights package together

To be fair, the game was stopped for a foul before he hit the shot, so it wasn't really a disallowed goal as such. Having said that, was a good finish, and doubt the keeper was getting it anyway.